Windows 10: Laptop stuck at "Working On Updates 100% Complete Don't Turn Off Your Computer"

Discus and support Laptop stuck at "Working On Updates 100% Complete Don't Turn Off Your Computer" in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So, I woke up, turned on my laptop. and it said "Working On Updates." So I just decided to wait until it finishes to do anything. However, It has been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Snoo39515, Jul 23, 2020.

1. Laptop stuck at "Working On Updates 100% Complete Don't Turn Off Your Computer"

So, I woke up, turned on my laptop. and it said "Working On Updates." So I just decided to wait until it finishes to do anything. However, It has been on 100% for almost 2 hours now. Does anyone know how I can fix this?

submitted by /u/Snoo39515
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Snoo39515, Jul 23, 2020
  2. altajohn Win User

ACER laptop stuck on "Configuring update for Windows 10 100% Complete Do not turn off your computer"

My laptop performed the Windows 10 update toady, and it's been stuck for over 2 hours now on a screen that displays the following:

Configuring update for Windows 10

100% Complete

Do not turn off your computer

Well, what do I do? I need to use my computer but it seems to be stuck in a perpetual loop.

HELP!

altajohn, Jul 30, 2020
  3. MKennedy5 Win User
    Configuring Windows updates 100% complete Do not turn off your computer stuck windows 7 no keyboard

Configuring Windows updates 100% complete Do not turn off your computer stuck windows 7 no keyboard on asus eee slate

MKennedy5, Jul 30, 2020
  4. Agilmar Win User

Laptop stuck at "Working On Updates 100% Complete Don't Turn Off Your Computer"

After automatic updates, Windows 10 stuck on "Working on updates, 100% complete. Do not turn off your computer".

Moved from es-ES

Hello! So this is the situation:

Always after installing automatic new updates, my Windows 10
    gets stuck on the screen "Working on updates, 100% complete. Do not turn off your computer"

I've had my PC for 2-3 years now. I upgraded to Windows 10 in August 2015, and it has updated with no problems a couple times since then. I had this problem in February 2016 and I managed to block automatic updates. I'm having the problem again now in August
    2016, always when new automatic updates are available.

I usually choose "Install updates and shut down". When, the next day, I turn my laptop on, it gets stuck at the same screen. I see the circle going round, but nothing happens and Windows does not initiate at all.

My problem IS NOT how to turn the computer on. I know that I can force the secure mode by shutting it down three times in a row, and then restoring/restarting my PC based in a point/image back in time, before updates were installed.

My problem is:

• What is it on the updates that is not compatible with my PC and makes it get stuck during start? How do I solve it? Is it a driver that I have to install? Is it a program that is not compatible with the latest updates for Windows 10?
    • While the previous problem is solved, how do I block/turn off/reject the automatic updates for Windows 10?

I hope somebody can get to the bottom of this. When this happened to me back in February, I managed to stop automatic updates, but of course, I don't want to have this problem again and again every time a new Windows 10 update is on the market.

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

Agilmar, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

Laptop stuck at "Working On Updates 100% Complete Don't Turn Off Your Computer"

1. Laptop stuck at "Working On Updates 100% Complete Don't Turn Off Your Computer" - Similar Threads - Laptop stuck Working

2. Laptop stuck at "Getting Windows Ready. Don't turn off your computer"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop stuck at "Getting Windows Ready. Don't turn off your computer": My Windows 10 laptop is stuck at "Getting Windows Ready. Don't turn off your computer." I have tried to power it off hard stop and then powered it on again, but it returns immediately to this point. So I can't reboot in safe mode to run the troubleshooter. And the WIN+R...
  3. Laptop stuck at "Getting Windows Ready. Don't turn off your computer"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop stuck at "Getting Windows Ready. Don't turn off your computer": My Windows 10 laptop is stuck at "Getting Windows Ready. Don't turn off your computer." I have tried to power it off hard stop and then powered it on again, but it returns immediately to this point. So I can't reboot in safe mode to run the troubleshooter. And the WIN+R...
  4. Laptop stuck at "Getting Windows Ready. Don't turn off your computer"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. We couldn't complete the updates Undoing changes Don't turn off your computer.

We couldn't complete the updates Undoing changes Don't turn off your computer.: I got this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/we-couldnt-complete-the-updates-undoing-changes/cee4be0f-046e-4770-9f0a-8832e27bc4d2
  6. Working on Features, 100% complete, Don't turn off your computer

Working on Features, 100% complete, Don't turn off your computer: Hi there My HP Laptop with Windows 10 installed decided to start playing up. Initially while I had Microsoft Word open it said, "microsoft word not enough disk space to display font", I thought that was odd, but then the word document I had opened seemed altered like there...
  7. Laptop stuck at "Getting Windows Ready. Don't turn off your computer".

Laptop stuck at "Getting Windows Ready. Don't turn off your computer".: My laptop just got a reset because I was facing problems with the Optane Memory module. The module is now changed so I don't think there's a problem due to that. Due to the reset, I had to get all the updates, apps and software I had previously. I installed some Windows...
  8. Windows 10 stuck on"Working on updates 100% completed Don't turn of window"

Windows 10 stuck on"Working on updates 100% completed Don't turn of window": My windows 10 pc is freezed for 6 hours showing Working on updates 100% complete Don't turn off window How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-stuck-onworking-on-updates-100/bdd9948d-2548-49ad-9b0a-46b6f18a8c7b
  9. We couldn't complete the updates undoing changes don't turn off your computer

We couldn't complete the updates undoing changes don't turn off your computer: I got failed after patching KB4494440 on my Win10 box. It went all good on patching and rebooting, but when OS started up at the final moment, it shows as "We couldn't complete the updates undoing changes don't turn off your computer" at screen, and they roll back the...
  10. we couldn't complete the updates undoing changes don't turn off your computer

we couldn't complete the updates undoing changes don't turn off your computer: In Windows Update, when attempting to update to Cumulative update for Windows 10 Version 1809 x-64 KB4495667, it fails every time, after restarting my pc it shows this message (we couldn't complete the updates undoing changes don't turn off your computer). How can I solve...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. working on updates 100 complete dont turn off your computer