Windows 10: Laptop stuck in a boot loop because I tried and failed to refresh it

Discus and support Laptop stuck in a boot loop because I tried and failed to refresh it in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I tried to refresh my hp laptop, but it got stuck at 70% for more than an hour so I tried to turn it off not knowing better. When I tried to turn it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Johana Cuervo, Nov 22, 2020.

1. Laptop stuck in a boot loop because I tried and failed to refresh it

I tried to refresh my hp laptop, but it got stuck at 70% for more than an hour so I tried to turn it off not knowing better.

When I tried to turn it back on it got stuck in an infinite boot loop of re-starts so I panicked and started looking for various videos on how to fix this, I tried the esc method but the menus where different, the f2 menu didn't work and the f11 menu seemed like it would work but after the "please wait" screen it displayed a never ending loop of "undoing changes".

So, what can I do? Do I have no ther choice but to install windows 10 again? If so, what can I do if I don't have access to another computer to install it from?

Please help, I'm scared.

:)

Johana Cuervo, Nov 22, 2020

2. Computer Stuck in Boot Loop

Hi,

We are glad that you tried some troubleshooting steps to fix the issue, but usually the issue occurs due to corrupted system file. In order for us to assist you, we suggest to check this thread and look for Deepika Gowda answer. It contains troubleshooting
    steps pertaining to the issue:
    Computer stuck with a reboot loop on Windows 10

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Nov 22, 2020
  3. Laptop stuck in boot loop

I tried to recover my laptop (Asus E402M) and at some point an error occurred and left my laptop in a loop. I have tried getting into advanced recovery but have had no luck. I have tried using a recovery drive but it still doesnt attempt to boot. Please
    help.

UPDATE: I made it to advanced recovery but when I try to restore from a drive it says there is an error. Im stuck.

TheMaster2325, Nov 22, 2020
  4. Laptop stuck in a boot loop because I tried and failed to refresh it

Laptop Stuck in Boot Loop

Hoping someone here can help me. A month or two ago my laptop (MSI GS60) got stuck in an Automatic Repair boot loop. MSI logo comes up, and then says it needs to do an automatic
    repair before restarting itself a few seconds later and repeating. I have tried using the Windows repair feature, but I just get the message "There was a problem refreshing your PC. No changes were made."

I'm not sure if the above problem is caused by the fact that the laptop came with Windows 8 installed (it's over three years old at this point), but I used the free upgrade option to install Windows 10.

My first thought was that maybe one or both of the system hard drives had failed (the laptop came with two spanned SSDs for CLaptop stuck in a boot loop because I tried and failed to refresh it :). I tried to install UBCD on a USB drive to run some tests, which is something a lot of people
    online seem to recommend, but I couldn't get the laptop to boot off the USB. I'm open to any suggestions of other ways I may be able to test the hard drives.

I also tried setting up a USB with Windows 10 installation on it, hoping I could repair using that. Unfortunately, it doesn't give me any extra options (and doesn't fix the above problem), so it seems the only thing I haven't tried is to reformat and reinstall
    Windows entirely. Not ideal, but I've only got applications on that drive, so not the end of the world. Apart from the above point about not knowing whether the hard drives themselves are causing the issue, the only other thing I thought I would check is whether
    I'll run into any problems with a fresh Windows install, which obviously wouldn't include any of MSI's applications.
    So if anyone has anything they can suggest to try that I haven't already it would be very much appreciated. And if the only option is to reformat, is there any software that I should reinstall from MSI?

MitchellJY, Nov 22, 2020
Thema:

Laptop stuck in a boot loop because I tried and failed to refresh it

1. Laptop stuck in a boot loop because I tried and failed to refresh it - Similar Threads - Laptop stuck boot

2. laptop stuck in windows boot loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop stuck in windows boot loop: My Windows 11 laptop is currently stuck in the boot loop. I hava the blue screen and I have tried literally all options. I tried to resolve via command prompt, however I encounter the following issues:I`ve tried to uninstall the updatesIn Startup window f keys are...
  3. laptop stuck in windows boot loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    laptop stuck in windows boot loop: My Windows 11 laptop is currently stuck in the boot loop. I hava the blue screen and I have tried literally all options. I tried to resolve via command prompt, however I encounter the following issues:I`ve tried to uninstall the updatesIn Startup window f keys are...
  4. My laptop stuck in a boot loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop stuck in a boot loop: Good dayMy mecer laptop won't turn on it just restarts itself and I think it's stuck on a boot loop i tried turning it on and off to show auto repair settings but it doesn't do any it just keep showing the mecer log loading and turn and I have just installed a windows 11 home...
  5. Laptop stuck in a boot loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop stuck in a boot loop: I opened my laptop after a month and it isn't booting as normal. It is stuck in a boot loop.It only shows my laptop's brand logo and no other hardware works. Please help. How can i recover?...
  6. Laptop stuck in a boot loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop stuck in a boot loop: I opened my laptop after a month and it isn't booting as normal. It is stuck in a boot loop.It only shows my laptop's brand logo and no other hardware works. Please help. How can i recover?...
  7. Laptop stuck in a boot loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Laptop stuck in a boot loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop stuck in a boot loop: So I turned off my laptop one night normally and thought nothing of it, until in the morning when it booted up and showed the Windows logo with the "Fixing C: Stage 1 14% n of n 7% ETA 0:02:11" prompt on the bottom, I let it run for around and hour until it reached 20%, but I...
  9. Laptop stuck in boot loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop stuck in boot loop: I tried to recover my laptop (Asus E402M) and at some point an error occurred and left my laptop in a loop. I have tried getting into advanced recovery but have had no luck. I have tried using a recovery drive but it still doesnt attempt to boot. Please help....
  10. Refresh/reset Win10, stuck in boot loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Refresh/reset Win10, stuck in boot loop: Preface- this is a laptop of a computer illiterate friend. Knowing win10 had a built in tool to do a clean install, I offered to run it for her. Alas, I am apparently not as literate as I'd like to think. The computer in question is an Acer Cloudbook AO1-431-C8G8. It came...