Windows 10: laptop stuck in boot loop after reset and installing windows 10

Discus and support laptop stuck in boot loop after reset and installing windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; i was handing off my old laptop and did a complete factory reset. afterwards it was stuck on 59% of installing windows for an extended period of time... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jayden005, Aug 15, 2020.

1. jayden005 Win User

laptop stuck in boot loop after reset and installing windows 10

i was handing off my old laptop and did a complete factory reset. afterwards it was stuck on 59% of installing windows for an extended period of time days and so despite instructions, i turned it off and back on hoping it would fix it. however after, now the hp logo shows a welcome load, it flickers to the windows installing screen, before going back to loading and to a black screen and it repeats the process over and over. can this be fixed or is it now bricked?

:)

jayden005, Aug 15, 2020
  2. RejZoR Win User

Windows 10 stuck in installation loop on tablet

Ok, I was THIS close for throwing this god damn tablet outside on the concrete... I have ACER Iconia W4 820 tablet and yesterday it decided it will refuse to boot (the Windows 10 magic). It just displayed boot screen with those dots running around forever. Literally. I left it over night and you guessed it, in the morning it was still doing it. So, I forced reset it and it brought up the repair dialog where I've opted for Reset and deleted all my data clean.

All nice and well, it installed and when I get the screen "Hi there" where I pick my languages and time zone, click next and select bunch of privacy settings and complete that, it restarts and goes back to god damn language and timezone selection screen, every single bloody time. I've completed it like 10 times and it just loops like a total retard. Wanted to re-install windows clean from USB, wouldn't even boot, tried recovering original OS (Win8.1), it just skips it and loops the same language/timezone menu and the backup USB that I've made on day 1 is just plain ignored. I now have a tablet that has less functionality than a kitchen cutting board. What the fuck Microsoft, are you kidding me? And no, I don't have any intention to pay ACER to fix this shit Microsoft created. Damn it.

I've googled tons of "fix guides" and they all seem to mention that rather recent stupid update that caused boot looping, but my case seems to be slightly different because it's installation looping. I only got 1 result that mentioned installation and deletion of some keys via regedit, but it didn't fix anything. So, any other ideas?

RejZoR, Aug 15, 2020
  3. Windows Reset interrupted and laptop is now stuck in boot loop

Hi All,

I have a 2011 Dell XPS L502X laptop with Windows 10. I upgraded to Windows 10 from a genuine Windows 8 license I had during the initial free upgrade period.

To fix some issue I was trying to Reset the PC but didn't notice the power cord wasn't connected. Laptop switched off in between the reset process and now it is stuck in boot loop. I can create a bootable USB and do a fresh install but I'm not sure how to activate the laptop. I have the product key email from Microsoft for Windows 8 but since I upgraded to Win 10 I'm not sure if that is still a valid one. Any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Vignesh

vignesh247, Aug 15, 2020
  4. laptop stuck in boot loop after reset and installing windows 10

Computer Stuck in Boot Loop

Hi,

We are glad that you tried some troubleshooting steps to fix the issue, but usually the issue occurs due to corrupted system file. In order for us to assist you, we suggest to check this thread and look for Deepika Gowda answer. It contains troubleshooting
    steps pertaining to the issue:
    Computer stuck with a reboot loop on Windows 10

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Aug 15, 2020
Thema:

laptop stuck in boot loop after reset and installing windows 10

1. laptop stuck in boot loop after reset and installing windows 10 - Similar Threads - laptop stuck boot

2. Windows 10 Boot Loop after Laptop Reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Boot Loop after Laptop Reset: Hey, So I have a windows 10 laptop Acer Predator Helios 300It is about 2 years old and it was pretty much filled so I reset the laptop.The whole process went smoothly and I left my pc for a while after I came back, I saw that my pc is stuck in a Boot Loop.The first screen I...
  3. Windows 10 Boot Loop after Laptop Reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Boot Loop after Laptop Reset: Hey, So I have a windows 10 laptop Acer Predator Helios 300It is about 2 years old and it was pretty much filled so I reset the laptop.The whole process went smoothly and I left my pc for a while after I came back, I saw that my pc is stuck in a Boot Loop.The first screen I...
  4. Windows 10 Boot Loop after Laptop Reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Laptop in Boot Loop After Reset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Laptop in Boot Loop After Reset: I decided to reset my Windows 10 laptop and delete all its files. However, during the Installing Windows process, it got stuck in a boot loop. As shown in this video I took, it tries to reboot, but right when it gets back into Windows, it reboots again. It’s stuck in that...
  6. Legion laptop stuck in a loop booting up after factory resetting.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Legion laptop stuck in a loop booting up after factory resetting.: Today, I factory reset one of my laptops because I was going to be using it for a different purpose and didn't need any of the data that was currently on the computer. The computer is a Legion "gaming" laptop of some sort, although I don't exactly know all of the details. I...
  7. Stuck in reset loop on Windows 10 laptop

Stuck in reset loop on Windows 10 laptop: I recently had my laptop repaired. On trying to add a second email account after the repair I had problems. The suggested solution was to update which I did. This resulted in a flickering screen and no access to programs. system restore did not work so I tried a reset from...
  8. Stuck in Boot Loop after Reset!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck in Boot Loop after Reset!: Hi guys, I own a Microsoft Surface Laptop 3 that i bought in March 2020. Today I decided to reset my PC as it was actually freezing on me a couple times. It went through the reset process smoothly but now its just stuck in a boot loop. The Microsoft logo appears, the loading...
  9. Windows 10 stuck in "boot-loop" after tried reset

Windows 10 stuck in "boot-loop" after tried reset: I wanted to reset my computer to tidy my hardrives. Everything important is saved on an external drive. Sadly, during the reset my laptop Asus FX553 got stuck in an "boot-loop". It should be on the "Preparing Windows..."-Screen but it is constantly rebooting and only showing...
  10. Stuck in restart loop after resetting laptop.

Stuck in restart loop after resetting laptop.: I reset my device, cleared all my files, and everything was going smoothly. But, after getting to a certain point in the startup, and answering the time, date, and language questions, I get a 'Why did my PC restart?', promt, if you know the one. It says to plug in my PC,...