Windows 10: Laptop stuck in "preparing automatic repair" screen

Discus and support Laptop stuck in "preparing automatic repair" screen in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; o I was using my laptop and it suddenly restarted and then displayed the message " Preparing automatic repair" and the Toshiba logo (manufacturer of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/epicplatpus07, Aug 21, 2020.

1. Laptop stuck in "preparing automatic repair" screen

o I was using my laptop and it suddenly restarted and then displayed the message " Preparing automatic repair" and the Toshiba logo (manufacturer of the laptop). I have left for 3 hours and it is still stuck in the same screen. I tried restarting the laptop, booting into bios, and followed all tutorials but non of the helped me. When I turn on the laptop, it displays the Toshiha logo, then reboots and displays that message again. I saw other people managed to get into the Automatic repair blue screen from where you can repair but I can't get into it. A lot of tutorials stated to reinstall windows from a USB drive but I don't have one of these. I have another hard drive though. There isn't really anything important on the HDD on my laptop so I wouldn't mind it being completely erased.

Laptop: Toshiba Satellite c50-b-14d

Please help

submitted by /u/epicplatpus07
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/epicplatpus07, Aug 21, 2020
  2. sheehy Win User

Laptop stuck on Preparing Automatic Repair

sometime yesterday I tried to boot my windows 10 laptop and it got stuck on the login screen, before I pressed anything to go to the password screen. I tried moving the mouse around to no result. I figured it was frozen so i held down the power button until the laptop turned off. when I turned it back on with the power button, I saw a brief message in the top left displaying that my OS hadn't shut down properly, followed by numbers i couldnt make out. afterwards, it got stuck on that spinning wheel screen for 15+ minutes.
    with no result, I restarted it again and then the Preparing Automatic Repair screen came up. eventually this went away but I was looped back to the spinning wheel screen for another fifteen minutes.
    can anyone help or explain? thanks in advance, my first postLaptop stuck in "preparing automatic repair" screen :)

sheehy, Aug 21, 2020
  3. subby Win User
    Preparing automatic repair black screen afterwards stuck

Fixing this gaming PC for a friend. His computer gets stuck on the windows logo with the dotted spinning circle. In the past to fix this i've done a startup repair. But this time, the PC starts the Preparing Automatic Repair, then screen goes black, where normally it should be showing diagnosing your pc before loaded the Automatic Repair screen.

What should I attempt to try next?

subby, Aug 21, 2020
  4. Laptop stuck in "preparing automatic repair" screen

windows 10 preparing automatic repair black screen (Stuck)

Hello,

I Have Dell G3 laptop "Preparing Automatic Repair" - black screen. I don't see the Windows loading. I just have a black screen with logo DELL in the centre. Nothing is moving, nothing else appears, until the
    "Preparing Automatic Repair" appears at the bottom.

I've tried doing the hard restarts many times, but the laptop will never boot into the Recovery Environment.

I tried hard restarts but it keeps repeating this cycle over and over again - "Preparing Automatic Repair" - black screen "STUCK" . I even left my laptop on the black screen for a couple of hours, hoping it might fix
    itself but it does nothing.

How can I get out of this problem that Windows has forced my laptop into?

Thank you

Bachtiar_R, Aug 21, 2020
Thema:

Laptop stuck in "preparing automatic repair" screen

1. Laptop stuck in "preparing automatic repair" screen - Similar Threads - Laptop stuck preparing

2. Hp laptop stuck on preparing automatic repair

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hp laptop stuck on preparing automatic repair: Hp laptop stuck on preparing automatic repair And I tried everything that has been posted previously regarding this same issue. Something I did got me out of the loop and sent me to a Black Startup menu screen. I googled for the next hour which option to choose with no luck...
  3. Laptop stuck on preparing automatic repair

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop stuck on preparing automatic repair: I updated from windows 11 to windows 12 and restarted it booted correctly but the second time i did i got in a "preparing automatic repair" loop that follows a bsod with a stop code "driver_pnp_watchdog" i can get to bios settings but not troubleshooting and advanced options...
  4. Laptop stuck on preparing automatic repair

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop stuck on preparing automatic repair: I updated from windows 11 to windows 12 and restarted it booted correctly but the second time i did i got in a "preparing automatic repair" loop that follows a bsod with a stop code "driver_pnp_watchdog" i can get to bios settings but not troubleshooting and advanced options...
  5. Laptop stuck in "Preparing Automatic Repair"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop stuck in "Preparing Automatic Repair": Hi fellas, yesterday my laptop went off abruptly. Since then I have not been able to get it working up again. What happens is that whenever I turn it on, it shows the Asus logo and the circles circling around as usual, after that it goes black for a second and I get the same...
  6. Laptop stuck on Preparing Automatic Repair

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop stuck on Preparing Automatic Repair: Hello everyone. My computer gave me an error stating "The system detected an overrun of a stack based buffer in this application. This overrun could potentially allow a malicious user to gain control of the application." after installing the most recent windows update. It is...
  7. HP laptop stuck at "Preparing Automatic Repair" screen

HP laptop stuck at "Preparing Automatic Repair" screen: When the C drive was "repaired" by Windows on my laptop, it restarted. I saw the HP logo briefly, then the computer threw up a Blue Screen of Death. The stopcode is: NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM. Then, it got stuck on the "Preparing Automatic Repair" screen. My computer model is a HP...
  8. Laptop stuck on Preparing Automatic Repair

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop stuck on Preparing Automatic Repair: sometime yesterday I tried to boot my windows 10 laptop and it got stuck on the login screen, before I pressed anything to go to the password screen. I tried moving the mouse around to no result. I figured it was frozen so i held down the power button until the laptop turned...
  9. Stuck on Preparing Automatic Repair screen.

Stuck on Preparing Automatic Repair screen.: Since last night my laptop has been stuck on the loading screen with writing saying “Prepaing Automatic Repair. i have tried turning my laptop on and off again. I have tried activating safe mode so I can go on my computer. I have tried doing a system reset with only my...
  10. Stuck on preparing automatic repair

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck on preparing automatic repair: [IMG]after I updated the system firmware is asked me to restart my laptop. After the installation finihed on boot page it restarted again and got me to a blue screen error and then it stuck on this page... please help me to pass it ......

Users found this page by searching for:

1. toshiba laptop l500 B 16F stuck on preparing automatic repair