Windows 10: Laptop stuck in "Preparing Automatic Repair"

Discus and support Laptop stuck in "Preparing Automatic Repair" in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi fellas, yesterday my laptop went off abruptly. Since then I have not been able to get it working up again. What happens is that whenever I turn it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/GoodFellahh, Apr 11, 2021.

1. Laptop stuck in "Preparing Automatic Repair"

Hi fellas, yesterday my laptop went off abruptly. Since then I have not been able to get it working up again. What happens is that whenever I turn it on, it shows the Asus logo and the circles circling around as usual, after that it goes black for a second and I get the same Asus logo and circles and below it, it says what in English probably would be: Preparing Automatic Repair. From there on nothing happens. This probably goes on forever (today I left it like that for 10+ hours).

I have tried to boot it up in Safe Mode, this actually changes nothing. Booting up BIOS is possible but I don't think I can do something else from there without having W10 on a disk/usb. My laptop came with W10 installed on it.

Some additional info:

When it starts this procedure the Hard Disk light is on, but after a while that goes off. My Hard Disk was showing some issues a month or 3 ago and sometimes slowing down the laptop drastically, but after a little clean up things have been quite okay (for a 4yr old piece). Laptop= ASUS N552VX-FY186T

If someone knows a thing or 2 I can try before bringing it to an expert, that would be awesome, cheers!

Edit: It might be that I am not booting on safe mode in the right way: I was holding F10 when booting up, this made the Asus logo in the 1st screen disappear so I assumed that's how one boots up this machine in safe mode.

submitted by /u/GoodFellahh
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/GoodFellahh, Apr 11, 2021
  2. sheehy Win User

Laptop stuck on Preparing Automatic Repair

I tried to boot into advance startup options but it didnt work. followed the instructions. it might be of note that when I turned off the machine the first and third time, the Preparing Automatic Repair text was there. After completing your given instructions, it continued to start up and say Preparing Automatic Repair. Waiting to see what happens next as of 11.55pm uk time.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, should note I dont have a disk drive in this laptop.

- - - Updated - - -

11.58pm uk time
    the preparing automatic repair text is gone and the laptop restarted quickly, the os text was in top left , now stuck on the loading wheel which is the state it was in when I tried using advance startup options a few minutes ago.

sheehy, Apr 11, 2021
  3. My HP laptop is stuck on Preparing Automatic Repair has been for many hours

Hello Sarah,

I'd like to verify if you're computer is still stuck on Preparing Automatic Repair state. If not, I'd suggest to perform the steps below:

1. Force shutdown your laptop, check first if your computer will boot normally. If not, after your computer restarts several times. you'll see the Windows 10 Boot Options menu.

2. Select Troubleshoot > Advanced options.

3. Choose Command Prompt, copy and paste the commands below and press Enter the after each line:

• bootrec.exe /rebuildbcd
    • bootrec.exe /fixmbr
    • bootrec.exe /fixboot

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Apr 11, 2021
  4. sheehy Win User

Laptop stuck in "Preparing Automatic Repair"

Laptop stuck on Preparing Automatic Repair

sometime yesterday I tried to boot my windows 10 laptop and it got stuck on the login screen, before I pressed anything to go to the password screen. I tried moving the mouse around to no result. I figured it was frozen so i held down the power button until the laptop turned off. when I turned it back on with the power button, I saw a brief message in the top left displaying that my OS hadn't shut down properly, followed by numbers i couldnt make out. afterwards, it got stuck on that spinning wheel screen for 15+ minutes.
    with no result, I restarted it again and then the Preparing Automatic Repair screen came up. eventually this went away but I was looped back to the spinning wheel screen for another fifteen minutes.
    can anyone help or explain? thanks in advance, my first postLaptop stuck in "Preparing Automatic Repair" :)

sheehy, Apr 11, 2021
Thema:

Laptop stuck in "Preparing Automatic Repair"

1. Laptop stuck in "Preparing Automatic Repair" - Similar Threads - Laptop stuck Preparing

2. Hp laptop stuck on preparing automatic repair

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hp laptop stuck on preparing automatic repair: Hp laptop stuck on preparing automatic repair And I tried everything that has been posted previously regarding this same issue. Something I did got me out of the loop and sent me to a Black Startup menu screen. I googled for the next hour which option to choose with no luck...
  3. Laptop stuck on preparing automatic repair

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop stuck on preparing automatic repair: I updated from windows 11 to windows 12 and restarted it booted correctly but the second time i did i got in a "preparing automatic repair" loop that follows a bsod with a stop code "driver_pnp_watchdog" i can get to bios settings but not troubleshooting and advanced options...
  4. Laptop stuck on preparing automatic repair

Laptop stuck on preparing automatic repair: I updated from windows 11 to windows 12 and restarted it booted correctly but the second time i did i got in a "preparing automatic repair" loop that follows a bsod with a stop code "driver_pnp_watchdog" i can get to bios settings but not troubleshooting and advanced options...
  5. Stuck on 'Preparing Automatic Repair'

Stuck on 'Preparing Automatic Repair': Hello, I am stuck on the Asus screen saying preparing automatic repair when I try to start up. I can't access windows advanced settings either.My computer is in good health otherwise, I think this problem must have happened when I hard switched it off last night as it wasn't...
  6. Stuck in preparing automatic repair

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck in preparing automatic repair: I recently got my lenovo laptop back after some (hardware) repairs - I installed a firmware update after I got it back (prompted by the system) and now when I boot, it will go to blue screen of death, restart, and be stuck on preparing automatic repair. When I try and power...
  7. Laptop stuck on Preparing Automatic Repair

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop stuck on Preparing Automatic Repair: Hello everyone. My computer gave me an error stating "The system detected an overrun of a stack based buffer in this application. This overrun could potentially allow a malicious user to gain control of the application." after installing the most recent windows update. It is...
  8. Laptop stuck in "preparing automatic repair" screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop stuck in "preparing automatic repair" screen: o I was using my laptop and it suddenly restarted and then displayed the message " Preparing automatic repair" and the Toshiba logo (manufacturer of the laptop). I have left for 3 hours and it is still stuck in the same screen. I tried restarting the laptop, booting into...
  9. Laptop stuck on Preparing Automatic Repair

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop stuck on Preparing Automatic Repair: sometime yesterday I tried to boot my windows 10 laptop and it got stuck on the login screen, before I pressed anything to go to the password screen. I tried moving the mouse around to no result. I figured it was frozen so i held down the power button until the laptop turned...
  10. Stuck on preparing automatic repair

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck on preparing automatic repair: [IMG]after I updated the system firmware is asked me to restart my laptop. After the installation finihed on boot page it restarted again and got me to a blue screen error and then it stuck on this page... please help me to pass it ......

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Asustek preparing automatic repair then turns off