Windows 10: Laptop Stuck in recovery mode because of BCD error

Discus and support Laptop Stuck in recovery mode because of BCD error in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello Everyone, Hope You all are having a good day. So recently after an update, my laptop got stuck into the recovery mode showing the "Bcd" Error.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ShehwarNadeem, Apr 7, 2021.

1. Laptop Stuck in recovery mode because of BCD error

Hello Everyone, Hope You all are having a good day.

So recently after an update, my laptop got stuck into the recovery mode showing the "Bcd" Error. I tried to reset it, restore it, fix it using the "Startup repair" tool that is accessible via the recovery environment. I used command prompt to scan and fix the "BCD" Files but everything failed.

The main issue is that i cant boot my computer even through a bootable usb too. Can you guys help me fix the bcd error somehow?

:)

ShehwarNadeem, Apr 7, 2021
  2. Zealex Win User

Win10 cannot load, stuck in recovery mode with various error codes.

Hello,

I have a Samsung series 7 from 2012 that originally came with windows 7 and I upgraded it around 9 months to windows 10.

One day my laptop was fine, the next it was stuck in the recovery screen with I believe a message of 0xc00000e9. I created a windows 10 recovery disc from the MS website and burned it to a DVD-r, and booted the disc and ran the startup repair and it was unsuccessful. The following error after that attempt was that a file in System32 was missing. I've tried also starting in safe mode and it didn't work either...same error message lol. My last attempt was trying to rebuild the BCD via command prompt and now the error code says the BCD is missing and theres not even the option of F8 to go to the menu that has safe mode among other various tweaks.

I'm not entirely sure what the issue is, and perhaps I should stop messing with it. Does anybody have some suggestions on what I should check and how to further diagnose this issue?

Thank you for reading and your time!

Zealex, Apr 7, 2021
  3. tammyu48 Win User
    Laptop stuck on recovery mode

My Acer laptop is stuck on recovery mode tried factory resetting it was rape action recovery mode pretty quick restart goes way back to recovery mode try to check on files brings it back to recovery mode what can I do

tammyu48, Apr 7, 2021
  4. discomix Win User

Laptop Stuck in recovery mode because of BCD error

BCD error error code # 0xc0000011

I have been having the following error while I boot to my Windows 10 laptop.
    The boot configuration data for your PC is missing or contains error

File: \Boot\BCD
    Error code:0xc0000011

I had tried to enter the recovery mode via Windows 10 USD bootable disk, it progress a while and shows loading file and after a while the computer reboots without even loading the windows loading screen.

I had prepared Macrium rescue disk and tried to boot, but it loads a while and reboots.

Please suggest as the disk has data which need to retrieved.

The windows version is 1909, windows 10 professional, on samsung R528 laptop.

discomix, Apr 7, 2021
Thema:

Laptop Stuck in recovery mode because of BCD error

1. Laptop Stuck in recovery mode because of BCD error - Similar Threads - Laptop Stuck recovery

2. Stuck on Recovery Mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck on Recovery Mode: I was trying to do a system restore on my PC because I couldn’t factory restart my pc and while that was happening I turned off my PC and now i’m stuck on recovery mode “Your PC/Device needs to be repaired A required device isn’t connected or can’t be accessedError code:...
  3. Stuck on Recovery Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on Recovery Mode: I was trying to do a system restore on my PC because I couldn’t factory restart my pc and while that was happening I turned off my PC and now i’m stuck on recovery mode “Your PC/Device needs to be repaired A required device isn’t connected or can’t be accessedError code:...
  4. Bitlocker error because of bcd settings change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker error because of bcd settings change: Hello, I'm using windows 11. I toggled bitlocker, test mode and secure boot to install a certain driver. I managed to get the driver working and turned bitlocker back on but the next time I turned on the pc I saw the "BCD setting 0x16000049 has changed for the following boot...
  5. Bitlocker error because of bcd settings change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker error because of bcd settings change: Hello, I'm using windows 11. I toggled bitlocker, test mode and secure boot to install a certain driver. I managed to get the driver working and turned bitlocker back on but the next time I turned on the pc I saw the "BCD setting 0x16000049 has changed for the following boot...
  6. recovery mode stuck because system folder missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    recovery mode stuck because system folder missing: the PC stuck on the blue recovery mode because the folder is missing, how can i solve it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovery-mode-stuck-because-system-folder-missing/e79b4ce7-4e48-4a64-998e-14391c5ef6c0
  7. stuck in recovery mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    stuck in recovery mode: Hi All, I have a windows 10 Hp all in one pc. My Daughter did something when starting up pc and it went into recovery mode but i can't seem to get it out of it. it won't boot into safe mode I tried to reset the pc to keep files as there is photos stored there that we...
  8. Laptop stuck on recovery mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop stuck on recovery mode: My Acer laptop is stuck on recovery mode tried factory resetting it was rape action recovery mode pretty quick restart goes way back to recovery mode try to check on files brings it back to recovery mode what can I do...
  9. HP Laptop stuck in Recovery Mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HP Laptop stuck in Recovery Mode: Hello I just turned on my laptop and this message popped up. I can't login. It gave me an error code 0x000000f. What should I do? [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-laptop-stuck-in-recovery-mode/ebfe46d5-163b-47d1-aaf8-e67bc179bdf2
  10. HP laptop stuck in Recovery Mode

in Windows 10 Support
    HP laptop stuck in Recovery Mode: Hello I just turned on my laptop and now it's stuck in Recovery. I can't login. It gave me an error code 0x000000f. What should I do? Enter, F1 and F8 don't seem to work either. 119627