Windows 10: Laptop stuck in repair mode & can't get it to boot from USB

Discus and support Laptop stuck in repair mode & can't get it to boot from USB in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi! I have a Acer Aspire ES13, it has only 28gb of memory, Recently i installed 2 apps and chose them to open at startup, Now my laptop is stuck in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JosipKemenović, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Laptop stuck in repair mode & can't get it to boot from USB

Hi!

I have a Acer Aspire ES13, it has only 28gb of memory,

Recently i installed 2 apps and chose them to open at startup,

Now my laptop is stuck in repair mode, i tried troubleshooting and all the options and i keep getting back to the blue repair screen.

I tried to install windows from USB, i mean i tried booting from USB but it doesnt see the USB as a bootable device.

Some people are gonna say to just turn my boot switch thing to Legacy mode but it doesnt show any option to change it

to legacy or UEFI.

If you could help i would really appreciate it!

Thanks!

:)

JosipKemenović, Oct 12, 2018

2. Stuck in Automatic repair

I need a step by step guide to create a bootable usb for windows 10 to install on my laptop that is stuck at automatic repair

Gerhard777, Oct 12, 2018
  3. Stuck in auto repair loop

Hi Alex,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

If the screen is stuck for a long time on auto repair, I suggest you to restart the computer using power button and check. If the issue still persist, I suggest you to check if you are able to boot the computer into Safe Mode environment and check.

To use a Safe Boot option, follow these steps:

• Restart your computer and start pressing the F8 key on your keyboard. On a computer that is configured for booting to multiple operating systems, you can press the F8 key when the Boot Menu appears.

• Select an option to “Safe mode with networking” using the arrow keys on the keyboard when the Windows Advanced Options menu
      appears, and then press ENTER.

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Oct 12, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Laptop stuck in repair mode & can't get it to boot from USB

Boot Surface Laptop to USB - no Volume button

Hello Jimmy, Laptop stuck in repair mode & can't get it to boot from USB :)

This doesn't list the "Surface Laptop", but you might give it a try to see.

*Arrow Boot Microsoft Surface from a USB device

Otherwise, you should be able to use OPTION ONE below to boot from the USB from advanced startup.

*Arrow Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Brink, Oct 12, 2018
Thema:

Laptop stuck in repair mode & can't get it to boot from USB

1. Laptop stuck in repair mode & can't get it to boot from USB - Similar Threads - Laptop stuck repair

2. Laptop stuck on boot screen and can’t go into advanced repair mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop stuck on boot screen and can’t go into advanced repair mode: Hi there. Basically I have a Lenovo Yoga laptop and was downloading some of the optional updates and restarted the laptop to ensure nothing goes wrong.Unfortunately, now it is stuck on the Lenovo start screen with the circles, meaning I can’t start my laptop anymore.I’ve seen...
  3. Stuck on 'Preparing Automatic Repair', can't boot windows from USB either

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on 'Preparing Automatic Repair', can't boot windows from USB either: Hello,I've been stuck on the Asus preparing automatic repair. I tried installing windows 11 via a USB, but all it does is take me to a black screen with the windows blue logo followed by a white buffer circle and then 5 seconds later the screen just goes black. I can't access...
  4. Stuck on 'Preparing Automatic Repair', can't boot windows from USB either

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck on 'Preparing Automatic Repair', can't boot windows from USB either: Hello,I've been stuck on the Asus preparing automatic repair. I tried installing windows 11 via a USB, but all it does is take me to a black screen with the windows blue logo followed by a white buffer circle and then 5 seconds later the screen just goes black. I can't access...
  5. Stuck on Preparing Automatic Repair - won't boot from usb

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck on Preparing Automatic Repair - won't boot from usb: Hi there,Exactly as the title says. Laptop was doing a Windows update and I hadn't realised it wasn't plugged in so it died. When I charged it back up it said preparing automatic repairs. I wondered if it was just going to take ages so I left it on overnight and it stayed on...
  6. Stuck on preparing automatic repairs, can't get to safe mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck on preparing automatic repairs, can't get to safe mode: Hi there. Laptop battery died while trying to do windows updates my bad. Now it won't get past preparing automatic repair even if left for hours. Read some stuff about force shutting it down to get into safe mode but haven't been able to get into safe mode. Any help would...
  7. Factory reset stuck and can't boot from usb

Factory reset stuck and can't boot from usb: Hi! I'm trying to factory reset a laptop that I've had for a few years. It was running windows 7, but when I factory reset it gave an option to change to windows 10 I think windows 10 was included when I bought it. After doing most of the steps it is stuck on the software...
  8. Laptop stuck on "Preparing Automatic Repair" and won't boot from USB

Laptop stuck on "Preparing Automatic Repair" and won't boot from USB: My laptop Asus X555UB won't boot into Windows. It shows the circle loading, then the screen goes off for a second to show me "Preparing Automatic Repair" and it's stuck in there eternally until I shut it down. I've tried everything. No matter how many times I reset, it...
  9. Cannot boot laptop from USB, gets stuck in a Preparing Automatic Repair loop

Cannot boot laptop from USB, gets stuck in a Preparing Automatic Repair loop: Hello, I was using my laptop yesterday an HP Omen and it suddenly went to a black screen withno visible cursor. I tried restarting it, and it was fixed until it happened again a couple of hours later. After I had restarted it again, it went into automatic repair mode. It...
  10. Can't boot Windows, or boot Windows Repair from SSD or USB

Can't boot Windows, or boot Windows Repair from SSD or USB: My computer isn't able to boot, but more worryingly, I also can't seem to get the Windows Automatic Repair to work. I also am not able to get Windows Repair from USB to work. When I try any of these options, I initially get a black screen with a cyan-ish Windows logo. After...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. laptop stuck in repair mode

2. get hp laptop form automaticrepair to safe mode