Windows 10: Laptop stuck in start up repair loop

Discus and support Laptop stuck in start up repair loop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; As soon as it restarts it does a "Preparing Automatic Repairs" then "Diagnosing your PC" then "Repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AbeAbeAbe123, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Laptop stuck in start up repair loop

As soon as it restarts it does a "Preparing Automatic Repairs" then "Diagnosing your PC" then "Repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to complete" It goes back to the start up screen, shows a bunch of numbers in the upper left part of the screen, then it repeats this process over and over; and it's been stuck in this loop for about 17 hours now.

How do I fix this?
    I tried resetting the PC, troubleshooting, starting in Safe Mode, almost all the options it gives me during start up, but it all leads back to the loop above.

:)

AbeAbeAbe123, Nov 8, 2018

2. Stuck in a loop after windows performed repair

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Community.

We understand your concern and we will provide the information required to help you resolve the issue.

As per the information that you have provided, I suggest that you perform Power Drain as you are stuck in a loop and this might help you access the desktop screen. To learn how to perform this follow the steps below

• Unplug the charger and remove the battery of your laptop, if using a desktop remove the power
      cord.
    • Press and hold the Power button for 30sec
    • Plug the charger/power cord and restart system

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Nov 8, 2018
  3. MelanieOT Win User
    Stuck in Automatic Repair loop

I have a new HP laptop running windows 10 stuck in automatic repair loop. Please help

MelanieOT, Nov 8, 2018
  4. Laptop stuck in start up repair loop

STUCK IN AUTOMATIC REPAIR LOOP

Hi I have got updated my hp laptop to windows ten now i am stuck in automatic repair loop please help not able to open my laptop

Anunaygupta, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

Laptop stuck in start up repair loop

1. Laptop stuck in start up repair loop - Similar Threads - Laptop stuck start

2. Can't restore laptop stuck in repair loop on start up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't restore laptop stuck in repair loop on start up: Hi, my laptop is stuck in the automatic repair loop, I've tried resetting and restore is coming up with no saved restore points, I have downloaded win 11 to a usb but on installation when asked what drive to install windows to my c: drive doesn't show up just the usb, any...
  3. Can't restore laptop stuck in repair loop on start up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't restore laptop stuck in repair loop on start up: Hi, my laptop is stuck in the automatic repair loop, I've tried resetting and restore is coming up with no saved restore points, I have downloaded win 11 to a usb but on installation when asked what drive to install windows to my c: drive doesn't show up just the usb, any...
  4. Stuck on a repair loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck on a repair loop: My computer is stuck in an automatic repair loop and I don't know my admin password on my computer so I can't do any of the tools to try and fix it. How do I fix this?...
  5. Laptop Stuck in Automatic Repair Loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Stuck in Automatic Repair Loop: I reset my laptop earlier today and when I turned it back on its stuck saying "Preparing Automatic Repair" I've let it sit for over a hour now and nothing is happening. All the guides say to launch safety mode but when I press F11 to open the options it gets stuck on another...
  6. Laptop Stuck in Automatic Repair Loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Stuck in Automatic Repair Loop: I reset my laptop earlier today and when I turned it back on its stuck saying "Preparing Automatic Repair" I've let it sit for over a hour now and nothing is happening. All the guides say to launch safety mode but when I press F11 to open the options it gets stuck on another...
  7. Laptop Stuck in Automatic Repair Loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Cannot boot & stuck in a Repair loop without Start-up Options

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot boot & stuck in a Repair loop without Start-up Options: Hi. I've been busy creating new User Accounts on my Dell Precision M6400 and part of that process at the start was copying files over from one laptop (an ACER 5315) to the other using a wireless network. When I'd created the last User Account I turned off the M6400 laptop,...
  9. start up repair loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    start up repair loop: Hi there, I recently ran into a start up repair loop, looked at many ways to fix it but not had any success as of yet. My PC is a home build and I'm using windows 10. The last time I had a successful start up I authorised an update for windows, perhaps this was corrupted...
  10. Windows 10 stuck on "Automatic start up repair, repair failed" loop.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 stuck on "Automatic start up repair, repair failed" loop.: Everything was working fine, but today when I started my pc, it automatically started "Start up repair", after few minutes, it failed with error "Automatic repair couldn't repair your pc" Screenshot(not my PC's, but this image looks exactly like the error in my case):...