Windows 10: Laptop stuck in start up repair loop

Discus and support Laptop stuck in start up repair loop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; As soon as it restarts it does a "Preparing Automatic Repairs" then "Diagnosing your PC" then "Repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AbeAbeAbe123, Nov 8, 2018.

1. AbeAbeAbe123 Win User

Laptop stuck in start up repair loop

As soon as it restarts it does a "Preparing Automatic Repairs" then "Diagnosing your PC" then "Repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to complete" It goes back to the start up screen, shows a bunch of numbers in the upper left part of the screen, then it repeats this process over and over; and it's been stuck in this loop for about 17 hours now.

How do I fix this?
    I tried resetting the PC, troubleshooting, starting in Safe Mode, almost all the options it gives me during start up, but it all leads back to the loop above.

:)

AbeAbeAbe123, Nov 8, 2018
  2. Vanessa Sohtun Win User

Stuck in a loop after windows performed repair

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Community.

We understand your concern and we will provide the information required to help you resolve the issue.

As per the information that you have provided, I suggest that you perform Power Drain as you are stuck in a loop and this might help you access the desktop screen. To learn how to perform this follow the steps below

• Unplug the charger and remove the battery of your laptop, if using a desktop remove the power
      cord.
    • Press and hold the Power button for 30sec
    • Plug the charger/power cord and restart system

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Nov 8, 2018
  3. MelanieOT Win User
    Stuck in Automatic Repair loop

I have a new HP laptop running windows 10 stuck in automatic repair loop. Please help

MelanieOT, Nov 8, 2018
  4. Anunaygupta Win User

STUCK IN AUTOMATIC REPAIR LOOP

Hi I have got updated my hp laptop to windows ten now i am stuck in automatic repair loop please help not able to open my laptop

Anunaygupta, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Laptop stuck in start up repair loop - Similar Threads - Laptop stuck start

2. My laptop is stuck in a loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop is stuck in a loop: Hello! My laptop is stuck in a loop. I turn it on and it goes past the loading page, it then switches to a black page and says "attempting to recover installation" and "Restoring your previous version of windows" and then quickly shuts off before restarting the entire...
  3. Windows stuck in diagnosis repair loop. Won't start.

Windows stuck in diagnosis repair loop. Won't start.: My windows is not starting. I have dell Inspiron 15 5548. My laptop was as not working properly so i did a system restore. But then the laptop wont start. It is stuck in preparing repairs, attempting repair followed by a restart or shut down option. I have tried...
  4. stuck in Aumatic repair loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    stuck in Aumatic repair loop: i cannot get to the safe start mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stuck-in-aumatic-repair-loop/eec57c8d-c7aa-4009-adc1-9dedddac38b4
  5. Stuck on Auto repair loop

Stuck on Auto repair loop: I’ve had my laptop for about 6 or 7 years. A Dell Inspiron 3520, It worked perfecly fine, has never given me a problem until last September(2017) I was about to shut it down and it asked me for a system update, I clicked cancel and turned it off so i would do it the next day....
  6. Laptop stuck in boot loop

Laptop stuck in boot loop: I tried to recover my laptop (Asus E402M) and at some point an error occurred and left my laptop in a loop. I have tried getting into advanced recovery but have had no luck. I have tried using a recovery drive but it still doesnt attempt to boot. Please help....
  7. Endless automatic repair loop on Laptop

Endless automatic repair loop on Laptop: Laptop: Acer aspire v7 nitro Since a couple days ago my laptop goes into an endless automatic repair loop. A year ago I had a problem where it kept saying "no bootable devices found" and I went to a local repair shop. They did a factory reset en installed a new hard drive....
  8. Stuck in startup/automatic repair loop

Stuck in startup/automatic repair loop: Hi Team, My family member’s computer seem to be having issues with startup with Windows 10 today, which seem to be after some updates released. Basically the computer is stucked in the start up spinning dots and automatic repair section after trying to hard boot the PC...
  9. Stuck in Repair Loop

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck in Repair Loop: I recently updated to build 10130 and now I'm stuck in a "Preparing Automatic Repair" -> Restart loop. Any thoughts on how to fix this? 6468
  10. Help my laptop stuck in endless fixing repair loop

Help my laptop stuck in endless fixing repair loop: In computer terms I am equivalent to a preschool child. So I would appreciate an easy to understand answer as much as possible. I ran the window 10 installation last night on my Lenovo Y50 laptop. Today it is stuck in an endless loop of trying to Preparing Automatic Repair,...