Windows 10: Laptop stuck in tablet mode

Discus and support Laptop stuck in tablet mode in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I purchased a Lenovo Yoga 720-13KB in 2017, with Windows 10 It just started automatically going into tablet mode and not allowing me to change it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by phyindbq, Dec 29, 2019.

1. phyindbq Win User

Laptop stuck in tablet mode

I purchased a Lenovo Yoga 720-13KB in 2017, with Windows 10

It just started automatically going into tablet mode and not allowing me to change it back to desktop/keyboard mode, even though I have the setup parameter set to always open in desktop mode. I have also changed the registry keys, to open in desktop mode and have set the tablet mode key to ‘0’. All to no avail. When I re-open the registry key it has set itself back to ‘1’.

Finally, I found that by elevating the rear of the keyboard so it sits at a 45-degree angle, the computer will go back into desktop mode. Occasionally a slide-in box will ask if I want to switch to tablet-mode. But I ignore it, and after a second, the message slides out of sigh

I would like to fix the source of this problem as I use the machine 3 -5 hours daily, and the “work-around” is inconvenient and hard on my wrists.

Does the source of the problem sound like: Hardware? Software? A Virus?

Is it something I can address, or will it require professional repair?

Any advice is much appreciated. Thank you.

:)

phyindbq, Dec 29, 2019
  2. Vinodh.V Win User

Tablet Mode doesn't automatically turn on

Hi Roice,

We suggest you to follow the below steps to make the tablet mode permanent:

• Click start and select settings.
    • Select settings and then select tablet mode.
    • Now you have different options to choose from, please choose settings that suits you.
    Hope this information helps.

Vinodh.V, Dec 29, 2019
  3. Spudvs Win User

Lenovo Flex4 laptop appears to be stuck in tablet mode, keyboard and touch pad not working. All system settings indicators show tablet mode is off. Only onscreen keyboard works. Contacted Lenovo tech support and reinstalled drivers which enabled keyboard
    for about 5 keystrokes and then nothing. Restored factory settings from within BIOS dialog to no avail. Also tried procedure holding down power button for 15 seconds with no success. Any additional guidance welcome short of resetting the machine and wiping
    out all data.

Moved from Insider

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Spudvs, Dec 29, 2019
  4. Laptop stuck in tablet mode

How do I get back tablet mode? Problem in changing to tablet mode on Nextbook 10

Hello,

• Did you tried to turn ON the Tablet mode from Action Center?
    • Do you get any error message?
    I suggest you to try the steps below and check if this helps you in turning ON Tablet mode.

There are two options to turn ON the Tablet mode.

Option 1:

• Open Settings, and click/tap on the System icon.
    • Click/tap on Table Mode on the left side, and turn on or off
      Enable tablet mode for what you want.
    Option 2:

• Click/tap on the Action Center system icon in the taskbar notification area.
    • At the bottom of the Action Center, click/tap on the Tablet mode button to toggle it
      on (blue) or off (gray) for what you want.
    Keep us posted with the status of Tablet mode issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Dec 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Laptop stuck in tablet mode - Similar Threads - Laptop stuck tablet

2. why is my laptop stuck on tablet mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is my laptop stuck on tablet mode?: my laptop is suck on tablet mode but its not on tablet mode please help me or rest my settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-laptop-stuck-on-tablet-mode/73843f89-453b-4d7d-abc7-6cc40a338a13
  3. why is my laptop stuck on tablet mode?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why is my laptop stuck on tablet mode?: my laptop is suck on tablet mode but its not on tablet mode please help me or rest my settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-laptop-stuck-on-tablet-mode/73843f89-453b-4d7d-abc7-6cc40a338a13
  4. why is my laptop stuck on tablet mode?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. laptop stuck in tablet mode after opening it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop stuck in tablet mode after opening it: i have a windows tablet lenovo ideapad duet 3i and when i close it and open it again its stuck in tablet mode and i have to reattach the keyboardit is very annoying and i couldnt find a fix for itwhat i tried: reinstall windows 11[moved from de-de]...
  6. laptop stuck in tablet mode after opening it

laptop stuck in tablet mode after opening it: i have a windows tablet lenovo ideapad duet 3i and when i close it and open it again its stuck in tablet mode and i have to reattach the keyboardit is very annoying and i couldnt find a fix for itwhat i tried: reinstall windows 11[moved from de-de]...
  7. Surface Laptop Studio stuck in tablet mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Laptop Studio stuck in tablet mode: Hello,I have a surface laptop studio, and for the past month it has been stuck in tablet mode. All of my apps are displayed in their tablet mode, and the screen does not register when I close it so the computer stays running all the time and my battery drains. I have also had...
  8. Surface Laptop Studio stuck in tablet mode

Surface Laptop Studio stuck in tablet mode: Hello,I have a surface laptop studio, and for the past month it has been stuck in tablet mode. All of my apps are displayed in their tablet mode, and the screen does not register when I close it so the computer stays running all the time and my battery drains. I have also had...
  9. Stuck on tablet mode?

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck on tablet mode?: Hi. I had problems with autohiding my taskbar and found out that restarting Windows Explorer might help. That was big mistake; after doing that my desktop went full black, only taskbar showing but not working and I restarted my computer. After restarting computer,...
  10. Stuck in tablet mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck in tablet mode: I have a Toshiba Click 10 lx0w-c-104 that is stuck in tablet mode,can someone please tell me how to revert to computer mode please. 33527