Windows 10: Laptop stuck in "Welcome screen"

Discus and support Laptop stuck in "Welcome screen" in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My Dell 2 in 1 laptop is stuck. Probably due to the most recent Windows update the laptop loops in the screen after logging in (with finger print) and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Hilminator, Jan 18, 2020.

1. Laptop stuck in "Welcome screen"

My Dell 2 in 1 laptop is stuck. Probably due to the most recent Windows update the laptop loops in the screen after logging in (with finger print) and is constantly displaying my name and the loading circle. Pushing the power button, even holding it, doesn't change a thing, it just goes black and when I press the button again I'm stuck in the same position. It would be really helpful if somebody knows a way to restart the device. Are there any Dell specific hotkeys I'm not aware of?

Device: Dell Inspirion 14 5000 2-in-1 (written on the sticker of the laptop)

submitted by /u/Hilminator
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Hilminator, Jan 18, 2020

2. Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Jan 18, 2020
  3. N-Gen Win User
    Looking for help with laptop screen

It's quite easy to replace a screen, try to find a disassembly guide for the specific model of laptop so you have a step by step indication of where to take screws out and what clips to unclip. There might be some youtube videos as well. Always make sure the replacement screen is compatible as there can be different connectors.

N-Gen, Jan 18, 2020
  4. Laptop stuck in "Welcome screen"

windows update stuck at installation screen and cannot get to desktop

Hi Sue,

To understand the issue better, I would like to ask some questions:

• Is the computer stuck in the Installing updates screen?
    • For how long is the computer stuck in the screen?
    • When was the computer last updated?
    • Is the screen showing any percentage of installation?

Sometimes the installation might take a long time to install if the update is of large size. So, I suggest you to wait for sometime and check if the system boots to the desktop. If it is taking a longer time, then perform a Power Drain by following the steps
    provided below:

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 18, 2020
Thema:

Laptop stuck in "Welcome screen"

1. Laptop stuck in "Welcome screen" - Similar Threads - Laptop stuck Welcome

2. Laptop stuck in Loading screen Welcome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop stuck in Loading screen Welcome: For some reason, my mom's laptop isn't wanting to go to the desktop instead, it's stuck on the loading screen "Welcome".The laptop isn't finding any wifi routers even restarted the router it's an Asus laptop. The account has no passwords which makes it hard for me to click...
  3. Laptop stuck in Loading screen Welcome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop stuck in Loading screen Welcome: For some reason, my mom's laptop isn't wanting to go to the desktop instead, it's stuck on the loading screen "Welcome".The laptop isn't finding any wifi routers even restarted the router it's an Asus laptop. The account has no passwords which makes it hard for me to click...
  4. Laptop stuck in Loading screen Welcome

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Laptop stuck at the welcoming screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop stuck at the welcoming screen: My hp laptop has stuck on the welcoming screen,i have tried restarting it but its behaving the same how can i be helped https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-stuck-at-the-welcoming-screen/134b6b86-7afe-406e-979b-08e8407126dc
  6. Laptop stuck at the welcoming screen

Laptop stuck at the welcoming screen: My hp laptop has stuck on the welcoming screen,i have tried restarting it but its behaving the same how can i be helped https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-stuck-at-the-welcoming-screen/134b6b86-7afe-406e-979b-08e8407126dc
  7. Laptop stuck at the welcoming screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Stuck on welcome screen!

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck on welcome screen!: When I try to access the login screen by dragging the welcome screen up (the first thing you see when turning on the computer, which shows the time, date, battery percentage, and WiFi status), it takes me back to the welcome screen. I have Windows 10 1909. Here's a link of...
  9. Stuck in welcome screen

Stuck in welcome screen: After complete installation of windows version 1903 my laptop automatically restart then I used my laptop without any problem. But when in the next day to start my laptop then after a long time the screen to enter the password appear then I enter my password successfully but...
  10. Stuck at welcome screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Stuck at welcome screen: [IMG][IMG] Hello, so I can’t open or login in my laptop because it is stuck. When I tried to click “enter” which I normally do to login, it will turn black and will go back to that referring to the photo. I don’t know what happen please help me. Thank you...