Windows 10: Laptop stuck on black screen on startup for 3 minutes

Discus and support Laptop stuck on black screen on startup for 3 minutes in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I bought a Lenovo Legion y540 laptop and it had only nvidia gpu, no intagrated graphics card. I was using the laptop very well, but yesterday when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by None Aw, Nov 29, 2023.

1. None Aw Win User

Laptop stuck on black screen on startup for 3 minutes

I bought a Lenovo Legion y540 laptop and it had only nvidia gpu, no intagrated graphics card. I was using the laptop very well, but yesterday when I opened my laptop I saw that uhd 630 intagrated graphics card installed by its own. I didn't care first times, but I restarted my laptop I saw that it stucks on black screen for 2,3 minutes and after that screen shows up. It happens everytime when I start my laptop.Specs:I7 9750hRtx 206024gb ram

:)

None Aw, Nov 29, 2023
  2. Hendry Win User

Windows 10 stuck at black screen

hi, i tried upgrading my windows 7, but failed 5 times.
    step 1 on copying files are 100%
    step 2 installing features n updates are 100%
    step 3 FAILED, it stuck on black screen and freeze, nothing i can do besides force restart and its restored to my windows 7 back.

any idea how to solve this? it's always stuck at 75% step 2 and when go to step 3 is freeze ( 5 times in row, i'm thinking give up or buy new laptop with windows 10*Biggrin*Biggrin*Biggrin)

p.s i'm currently downloading ISO file to blank DVD hopefully it's worksLaptop stuck on black screen on startup for 3 minutes :)

Hendry, Nov 29, 2023
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Black Screen on Startup

Hello,

Could you please answer few questions:

• When you say “Now, nothing is on my desktop” what exactly are you referring to?

• Are you getting black screen after Sign in?
    If you are getting black screen after sign in, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the below help article and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Arul_D, Nov 29, 2023
  4. bdxoul Win User

My pc is stuck at Black screen with cursor

Hello There Everyone.

I shutdown my pc yesterday after work after 12 hours i open it but i am stuck with black screen. I tried my steps to open it but it dosen't work.
    Steps i did
    *i tried to startup repair on advance menu
    *i have reset the pc ( its says problem occured)
    *i have Uninstalled recent update.
    My pc specs
    *Acer Veriton
    *64 bit
    *windows 10
    Please help me to solve out

bdxoul, Nov 29, 2023
Thema:

1. Laptop stuck on black screen on startup for 3 minutes - Similar Threads - Laptop stuck black

2. Laptop stuck on black screen on startup for 3 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop stuck on black screen on startup for 3 minutes: I bought a Lenovo Legion y540 laptop and it had only nvidia gpu, no intagrated graphics card. I was using the laptop very well, but yesterday when I opened my laptop I saw that uhd 630 intagrated graphics card installed by its own. I didn't care first times, but I restarted...
  3. Laptop stuck on black screen on startup for 3 minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop stuck on black screen on startup for 3 minutes: I bought a Lenovo Legion y540 laptop and it had only nvidia gpu, no intagrated graphics card. I was using the laptop very well, but yesterday when I opened my laptop I saw that uhd 630 intagrated graphics card installed by its own. I didn't care first times, but I restarted...
  4. Laptop stuck on black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop stuck on black screen: Hi, I was running my Windows 11 laptop and when I lifted the lid to sign in it stayed on a black screen. The fan was still spinning and the keyboard backlight was still on, and when I press and hold Touch ID it turns on and shows “swipe down to shutoff” but when I swipe up it...
  5. Laptop stuck on black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop stuck on black screen: My acer aspire laptop is stuck on a black screen. The power light is on when I press the power button but the screen is just black. When I try do press shift-Ctrl-windows-B it will flicker but still remains black. It’s fully charged but just nothing. This happened before a...
  6. Laptop stuck on black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop stuck on black screen: My acer aspire laptop is stuck on a black screen. The power light is on when I press the power button but the screen is just black. When I try do press shift-Ctrl-windows-B it will flicker but still remains black. It’s fully charged but just nothing. This happened before a...
  7. Laptop stuck on black screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Laptop stuck at black screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop stuck at black screen: I did the routine Windows update and when it went black screen, I accidentally pressed Enter. It beeped and showed a line 'Launching interrupted menu'. But nothing comes up. it has been black screen since then even when I try to restart it by holding the power button for 10...
  9. Win10 black screen for 3 minutes before signin screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 black screen for 3 minutes before signin screen: I have a dell Inspiron 3537 with intel hd graphics 4400,when i boot my laptop after windows logo a black screen for 2-3 minutes,when i disabled display adapter same issue coming,how can i solve the problem...
  10. Screen Goes Black For 2-3 Minutes After Startup/Restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen Goes Black For 2-3 Minutes After Startup/Restart: Upon reaching the desktop after a restart or startup, my screen goes completely black for 2-3 minutes. After that, the desktop appears again and everything works as expected – although some system tray items continue to load. This is not an intermittent thing - it happens...