Windows 10: Laptop stuck on “restarting” screen for 3 hours

Discus and support Laptop stuck on “restarting” screen for 3 hours in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I changed the Tdr keys in the registry in order to use a program and was told to restart my laptop in order for the program to read the new changes.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MylanMD, Nov 10, 2020.

1. MylanMD Win User

Laptop stuck on “restarting” screen for 3 hours

I changed the Tdr keys in the registry in order to use a program and was told to restart my laptop in order for the program to read the new changes.

I saved and closed everything and restarted but my screen has been displaying “restarting” with the moving dots for about 3 hours now.

I’m not sure if i should let it be or do something to get it back to be able to use.

All of my school work is on my laptop so i dont want to do anything that will cause me to lose any files.

:)

MylanMD, Nov 10, 2020
  2. Jo_2013 Win User

Installed Windows 10 2 hours ago. Laptop stuck on "Restarting

Installed Windows 10 2 hours ago. Laptop stuck on "Restarting". Any suggestions on how to rectify?

OP - Jo_R

Jo_2013, Nov 10, 2020
  3. Hendry Win User
    Windows 10 stuck at black screen

hi, i tried upgrading my windows 7, but failed 5 times.
    step 1 on copying files are 100%
    step 2 installing features n updates are 100%
    step 3 FAILED, it stuck on black screen and freeze, nothing i can do besides force restart and its restored to my windows 7 back.

any idea how to solve this? it's always stuck at 75% step 2 and when go to step 3 is freeze ( 5 times in row, i'm thinking give up or buy new laptop with windows 10*Biggrin*Biggrin*Biggrin)

p.s i'm currently downloading ISO file to blank DVD hopefully it's worksLaptop stuck on “restarting” screen for 3 hours :)

Hendry, Nov 10, 2020
  4. Laptop stuck on “restarting” screen for 3 hours

Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Nov 10, 2020
Thema:

Laptop stuck on “restarting” screen for 3 hours

1. Laptop stuck on “restarting” screen for 3 hours - Similar Threads - Laptop stuck “restarting”

2. laptop stuck on blue restart screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    laptop stuck on blue restart screen: ive tried literally everything but nothing i do is working, it wont shut down and its been at 0% completed for around 4-5 hours https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-stuck-on-blue-restart-screen/62e86995-22df-4b9b-9f8c-e19ac9d65940
  3. laptop stuck on blue restart screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop stuck on blue restart screen: ive tried literally everything but nothing i do is working, it wont shut down and its been at 0% completed for around 4-5 hours https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-stuck-on-blue-restart-screen/62e86995-22df-4b9b-9f8c-e19ac9d65940
  4. laptop stuck on blue restart screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 Laptop stuck in update upto 3 hours then rollsback update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Laptop stuck in update upto 3 hours then rollsback update: Hi, I have a problem with my Windows 10 HP Envy Laptop It is not able to apply any updates. It tries to update every time I restart and says "Working on updates 1%. Dont turn off your PC. It will take a while". Then slowly it goes to 2% then 3% and it takes 30 minutes or so...
  6. Laptop Stuck on restart screen

Laptop Stuck on restart screen: My laptop has been stuck on the restart screen for a few hours now and i have tried to bring up any other screen with no success. I’ve tried hard shutoff and ctrl+alt+delete, and have unplugged it from the power source and its an XPS 2 in 1 so i cannot remove the battery...
  7. Updating my laptop from 1903 to 2004, and it’s stuck at this for over 3 hours. The...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Updating my laptop from 1903 to 2004, and it’s stuck at this for over 3 hours. The...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/rpham2234 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ixbg23/updating_my_laptop_from_1903_to_2004_and_its/
  8. Windows Update Stuck at 30% for 3 hours

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Update Stuck at 30% for 3 hours: I guess I recieved the latest feature update but it seems to be hung up. Been a 30% for a few hours now and not seeing my drive activity light blinking. Maybe once per minute. My OS is installed on an SSD. How long does this usually take? submitted by /u/bass_to_your_chord...
  9. Laptop restarting for 14 hours

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop restarting for 14 hours: Hi there my laptop was due an update so last night I clicked on Update and Restart and it was stuck on the blue restarting screen all night. I then went to bed and woke up this morning and it is still “restarting”. I even forced shut down with the button and then waited and...
  10. Laptop stuck on restart screen

Laptop stuck on restart screen: Hi, I have a problem with my laptop. I was running a scan in powershell and it told me it needed to repair something and told me to restart. I restarted and now i am stuck at the restarting screen with the dots circling. When i restarted i had the windows update open and it...