Windows 10: Laptop stuck while factory resetting

Discus and support Laptop stuck while factory resetting in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm reseting my laptop but its stuck rotating between 3 different screens, the progress screen, HP loading screen, and a welcome loading screen. Its... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/wetwad, May 2, 2020.

1. /u/wetwad Win User

Laptop stuck while factory resetting

I'm reseting my laptop but its stuck rotating between 3 different screens, the progress screen, HP loading screen, and a welcome loading screen. Its been like this for at least 6 hours and I'm not sure whether I should just wait or find another solution.

submitted by /u/wetwad
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/wetwad, May 2, 2020
  2. Marie Win User

Stuck during factory reset.

So the Factory reset has been stuck at 2% for the last 8 hours.

Marie, May 2, 2020
  3. Corvs Win User
    Stuck In Set Up Loop After Factory Reset

Thanks, I can look at that now I'm on a laptop. Here was the screen tapping F11:

Laptop stuck while factory resetting [​IMG]

and this was the system before restoring it:

Laptop stuck while factory resetting [​IMG]

Corvs, May 2, 2020
  4. NaXu Win User

Laptop factory reset stuck at 99%

Hi.

I have an Acer laptop. I bought it a year ago and it came with Windows 8.1. This laptop has been updated to Windows 10 last month and it's running slow recently, so I've decided to reset it to factory settings. I used the recovery tool in settings and clicked
    on "remove everything" and "clean up the drive" options.

Now the laptop stuck on the starting screen that says "resetting this PC 99%" for about an hour.

I did did deleted the Windows.old folder using the disk clean up tool after I updated to Windows 10. Is this why it's unable to reset to factory settings? What should I do now?

Thanks!

NaXu, May 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Laptop stuck while factory resetting - Similar Threads - Laptop stuck while

2. Factory reset stuck

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Factory reset stuck: Hello, I was about to sell my older laptop Lenovo B50-80, so I cleaned it up a bit and hit Factory reset. It did stuck on 59%, than the blue screen of death shown up. Thankfully, than it continued, but it started restarting and it is restarting for 2 days now. What should I...
  3. Factory reset stuck

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Factory reset stuck: Hello, I was about to sell my older laptop Lenovo B50-80, so I cleaned it up a bit and hit Factory reset. It did stuck on 59%, than the blue screen of death shown up. Thankfully, than it continued, but it started restarting and it is restarting for 2 days now. What should I...
  4. Stuck on factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on factory reset: Hello forums, good evening/morning/day. I’ve recently factory reset my pc due to it being slow. Yet its stuck on 77% and hasn't gone up for ages now. Any suggestions or do I just have to wait?...
  5. Stuck on factory reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck on factory reset: Hello forums, good evening/morning/day. I’ve recently factory reset my pc due to it being slow. Yet its stuck on 77% and hasn't gone up for ages now. Any suggestions or do I just have to wait?...
  6. Stuck on factory reset

7. PC stuck While Factory Resetting

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC stuck While Factory Resetting: My Windows 10 Laptop has been stuck in a State Of the Asus Logo start up and then restarting. This happened when I Followed One Of your tips when my Percentage was stuck at 89 for 10 minutes straight. It was the hold down power button method. How do I fix this?...
  8. Stuck at factory-reset

Stuck at factory-reset: Hi! Long story short; after some irresponsible downloads bootleg games etc my computer ran a bit slow and some antivirus program kept changeing my searchengine i decided to do a factory reset and to erase all my files all legit games stored in steam accounts etc anyway. I...
  9. Stuck in factory reset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck in factory reset: Earlier today I decided to factory reset my pc, cause it was running slow, first time I did it, I forgot to make it would clear all my drives, so it only cleared my sad which has windows, my pc booted up, and everything worked fine, but I wanted all the drives cleaned, so I...
  10. Lenovo Windows 10 Laptop Stuck at 51% while Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lenovo Windows 10 Laptop Stuck at 51% while Factory Reset: I recently bought a laptop from a friend and I'm currently factory resetting it because they didn't have the time to. It's been stuck at 51% on the reset screen for about 3 hours now and I'm starting to get worried. It's been resetting for 7 total hours now. There doesn't...