Windows 10: Laptop stuck while update installing

Discus and support Laptop stuck while update installing in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; hello , My laptop was stuck while I installing the update Running OS is win10,and lotof update list I downloaded, when I tap to "Restart Now" it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HardevSingh1, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Laptop stuck while update installing

hello ,

My laptop was stuck while I installing the update

Running OS is win10,and lotof update list I downloaded, when I tap to "Restart Now" it goes to installing process and so on , but after till 2 hour laptop not start , only the cursor show and keypad light ON ,

Should I go through Long press power button, or any other way please suggest me , no keypad function working

:)

HardevSingh1, Dec 2, 2019

2. windows update stuck at installation screen and cannot get to desktop

Hi Sue,

To understand the issue better, I would like to ask some questions:

• Is the computer stuck in the Installing updates screen?
    • For how long is the computer stuck in the screen?
    • When was the computer last updated?
    • Is the screen showing any percentage of installation?

Sometimes the installation might take a long time to install if the update is of large size. So, I suggest you to wait for sometime and check if the system boots to the desktop. If it is taking a longer time, then perform a Power Drain by following the steps
    provided below:

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 2, 2019
  3. MIkew365 Win User
    Windows Update Stuck

Updating my laptop which I haven't used for 6 months.
    I go to Settings, Update and Security, and there are a list of 10 updates, 2 of which say pending install, the others say pending download. Left laptop on overnight and still saying the same this morning.
    Ran Windows Troubleshooting Updates twice, both times found no problem.
    Have good Wi-Fi signal. Have re-booted several times. Now stuck. Can you please suggest how I get round this please.

MIkew365, Dec 2, 2019
  4. niko084 Win User

Laptop stuck while update installing

Insurgency wont install and run for me....

I have played and have fully updated CS and Half life 2....
    I am using the newest client and installed the SDK.

I am completely blown away, if i click the desktop icon it starts the sdk and then closes, and it doesn't show up in my game list...

First mod attempt install here, followed the directions step by step on the mods website...

Any ideas?

niko084, Dec 2, 2019
Thema:

Laptop stuck while update installing

1. Laptop stuck while update installing - Similar Threads - Laptop stuck while

2. My laptop is stuck on flash block while installing a BIOS update and doesn't reboot on its...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop is stuck on flash block while installing a BIOS update and doesn't reboot on its...: I was installing a BIOS update on my laptop and it got stuck on "Flashing boot block Flash Complete!" I waited for like 5 hours and it is still stuck and not rebooting. Need help!...
  3. My laptop is stuck on flash block while installing a BIOS update and doesn't reboot on its...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is stuck on flash block while installing a BIOS update and doesn't reboot on its...: I was installing a BIOS update on my laptop and it got stuck on "Flashing boot block Flash Complete!" I waited for like 5 hours and it is still stuck and not rebooting. Need help!...
  4. My laptop is stuck on flash block while installing a BIOS update and doesn't reboot on its...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Laptop stuck updating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop stuck updating: Straight to the point. My laptop starts up and immediately starts updating. It starts at 30% and goes to 32% and gives me a bsod. The only information it gives me is igdkmdn64.sys and a stop code, system_thread_exception_not_handled. I am unable to enter bios or any repair...
  6. stuck while installing windows 10.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    stuck while installing windows 10.: Frist I downloaded windows 10 iso file on my windows 8.1 pc. Then I run the setup. and it stuck on working on updates 48%. and again I go to windows 10 iso file open it in file explorer > sources > and I run the other set up . the same thing it stuck on windows bootloop on...
  7. Laptop stuck while factory resetting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop stuck while factory resetting: I'm reseting my laptop but its stuck rotating between 3 different screens, the progress screen, HP loading screen, and a welcome loading screen. Its been like this for at least 6 hours and I'm not sure whether I should just wait or find another solution. submitted by...
  8. My laptop is stuck while trying to update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My laptop is stuck while trying to update: I am currently updating my windows 7 laptop to windows 10 using the link here from microsoft https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10#iconz-install its currently at the last step but stuck there at 0% for the last hour. what should i do? it also states...
  9. Stuck at Automatic repair mode while installing Windows Updates.

Stuck at Automatic repair mode while installing Windows Updates.: My laptop ran into preparing automatic repair mode When i tried to update my window 10 ***Title edited from Help me*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stuck-at-automatic-repair-mode-while-installing/81f0dcda-f7db-4c73-8cb1-5ebadaca44a8
  10. Windows 10 Update V1803 stuck at 42% while installing

Windows 10 Update V1803 stuck at 42% while installing: Hello guys, My Windows update for Version 1803 stuck at 42% while instaling. So i download Update, my laptop then restart several times and installation comes to 42%. After that it is saying something like "Restoring previous version of Windows". Until now i tried almost...