Windows 10: laptop stuttering after installing new SSD

Discus and support laptop stuttering after installing new SSD in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So i recently added one new SSD m.2 on my ASUS TUF Gaming F15 and everything is fine, but suddenly my pc has this kind of stuttering, its not long... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AXEL YAREL JUAREZ YOBAL, May 26, 2024.

1. laptop stuttering after installing new SSD

So i recently added one new SSD m.2 on my ASUS TUF Gaming F15 and everything is fine, but suddenly my pc has this kind of stuttering, its not long duration, just miliseconds, but its annoying because it comes with a noise when im playing my music and it happens every 5 minutes or less.Any solutions?i believe the new or old SSD is the cause of this because my laptop has this light button that turns on when the ssd is working in something but it usually just flashes a few seconds, and this problem keeps the light static.

:)

AXEL YAREL JUAREZ YOBAL, May 26, 2024

2. Install new M2 SSD in laptop

Hello, decided to upgrade my laptops SSD. I physically installed a new M.2 SSD on my laptop on the only slot there is or where the old one was. I have a windows installation media in a USB and when I boot up the laptop, the windows install screen comes up but when I get to the screen where you select the drive, the new SSD is not listed. Anyone have any ideas what to do to get the new SSD to appear?

Laptop: HP Envy 360

Marcos Grande1, May 26, 2024
  3. Rellise Win User
    Stuttering since reinstall (on new SSD)

Same problem, same gpu. My previous OS was on my HDD and reinstalled it on my SSD, which is when the fps problems/stuttering happened. I moved my games to my HDD (after reinstalling my new OS to my SSD) and the stuttering issue got fixed, but moving it back to my SSD causes the fps drops/stuttering to happen again for some reason.

Rellise, May 26, 2024
  4. Daniel C Win User

laptop stuttering after installing new SSD

Issues with installation of new MSATA SSD

Yes it was a clean install on a new SSD. The laptop boots into windows fine. As mentioned in the earlier posts I'm trying to get the BIOS to see the new SSD as UEFI and not Legacy as it originally did when I installed the SSD and installed windows. I changed it from MBR to GPT from the windows installation screen and have since followed the steps above to allocate the drive an EFI partition, the drive itself still isn't seen under UEFI boot options in the BIOS itself though and I'd imagine it may be the final steps listed that may resolve this but for it doesn't want to allow it. I'm happy to post pictures, could you be a bit more specific as to what you'd like me to post. Thanks Daniel

Daniel C, May 26, 2024
Thema:

laptop stuttering after installing new SSD

1. laptop stuttering after installing new SSD - Similar Threads - laptop stuttering installing

2. laptop stuttering after installing new SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop stuttering after installing new SSD: So i recently added one new SSD m.2 on my ASUS TUF Gaming F15 and everything is fine, but suddenly my pc has this kind of stuttering, its not long duration, just miliseconds, but its annoying because it comes with a noise when im playing my music and it happens every 5...
  3. Install new M2 SSD in laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Install new M2 SSD in laptop: Hello, decided to upgrade my laptops SSD. I physically installed a new M.2 SSD on my laptop on the only slot there is or where the old one was. I have a windows installation media in a USB and when I boot up the laptop, the windows install screen comes up but when I get to...
  4. Stuttering since reinstall on new SSD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuttering since reinstall on new SSD: I recently got a new SSD and I reinstalled windows on it, deleting the previous windows from the HDD. Prior to the SSD I had no lag/stuttering whatsoever. After installing it I noticed some performance issues and installing windows on it. It mainly affects games like...
  5. Stuttering since reinstall on new SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuttering since reinstall on new SSD: I recently got a new SSD and I reinstalled windows on it, deleting the previous windows from the HDD. Prior to the SSD I had no lag/stuttering whatsoever. After installing it I noticed some performance issues and installing windows on it. It mainly affects games like...
  6. Stuttering since reinstall on new SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Stuttering In-Game After New GPU Install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuttering In-Game After New GPU Install: Hello all, so I recently installed a new GPU into my PC I built, replacing a 2060 Super with a 3060ti. My PC never had an inkling of a problem prior to this. After installing the new GPU I am getting much better FPS but I stutter in every game with some stutters lasting more...
  8. Stuttering In-Game After New GPU Install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuttering In-Game After New GPU Install: Hello all, so I recently installed a new GPU into my PC I built, replacing a 2060 Super with a 3060ti. My PC never had an inkling of a problem prior to this. After installing the new GPU I am getting much better FPS but I stutter in every game with some stutters lasting more...
  9. HP Pavilion 15-AF111NA stuttering after install of new SSD and Windows 10

HP Pavilion 15-AF111NA stuttering after install of new SSD and Windows 10: Hello I really hope someone can offer some support :- Ive replaced the old HDD with a new WD Blue SSD and did a new install of Windows 10. All went well except I now suffer from micro delays every couple of seconds and its driving me crazy. Ive updated Windows and...
  10. Laptop crashing after new SSD installed.

Laptop crashing after new SSD installed.: Hello everyone, found this great forum and really hoping i can get some help. Thanks in advance! I have an ASUS N551ZU, gaming laptop from 2015. IT has been working great...overheated but great. So I installed a new SSD and put the HD in a caddy disk. Also I replaced the...