Windows 10: Laptop suddenly asking for password

Discus and support Laptop suddenly asking for password in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; My laptop suddenly is asking for a password as soon as I open it. I removed the password upon opening because I’m the only one using it. It’s possible... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Dstn2, Mar 11, 2021.

1. Dstn2 Win User

Laptop suddenly asking for password

My laptop suddenly is asking for a password as soon as I open it. I removed the password upon opening because I’m the only one using it. It’s possible it updated. I never use the outlook email that I had to create several years ago when I got the laptop. So I have tried to go through all the reset/recover passwords. Steps but have no access to any emails etc they are asking for. I was able to get access to this portion but if the password for this site is the same one my computer is asking for it is not working either. I just want access to open my computer. On the computer I click forgot password.. it takes me to verify identity, and in order to get code it wants me to verify the hidden portion of the email. This does not work either. Any suggestions?

:)

Dstn2, Mar 11, 2021
  2. MCK
    mck Win User

How can I find the password for my Windows 10 laptop?

I found a solution to my problem. What I did was:
    1. Open Network & Sharing Center on the laptop.
    2. Click "Change advanced sharing settings"
    3. Expand the "All Networks" item.
    4. Change "Password protected sharing" from On to Off.

Now when I click my laptop name in File Explorer > Networks, it just shows my shared folder without asking for a network credentials password. This is how it used to work before.

Hope this helps others,

3. Suddenly Windows 10 asked for Password

This morning I got a call from my friend. I built his computer. In the past, he used a local account without password. That is the thing he asked for and he likes to use the computer in this way. But This morning, suddenly, Windows 10 went to the login screen and asked him to set a password unless it won't allow him to login. I am worried that this is caused by a virus. Has anyone seen this happen before? Thanks!

Michael Leung, Mar 11, 2021
  4. silkstone Win User

Which laptop should I buy with budget within 1000USD?

Really, you should be getting a list of laptops you like the look of, narrowing it down and then asking on here which is best.

Asking people for suggestions really doesn't work well as most people only have experience with 1-2 laptops at a time.

Searching all the shopping sites and creating a list for you is a lot of work.

You need to do the work and we can help with the rest.

silkstone, Mar 11, 2021
Thema:

1. Laptop suddenly asking for password - Similar Threads - Laptop suddenly asking

2. laptop suddenly asking for PIN rather than Password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop suddenly asking for PIN rather than Password: I am unable to access my laptop at all as suddenly to login it is requesting a PIN. I do not recall ever setting up a PIN and have never changed settings to include this. Help please as I have no access at all....
  3. laptop suddenly asking for PIN rather than Password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    laptop suddenly asking for PIN rather than Password: I am unable to access my laptop at all as suddenly to login it is requesting a PIN. I do not recall ever setting up a PIN and have never changed settings to include this. Help please as I have no access at all....
  4. Networked PC suddenly asking for password??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Networked PC suddenly asking for password??: Have two PCs both running Windows 10 Home v2004 OS build 19043.1237 v21H1. Computer A is my primary and computer B is my networked secondary. The problem is that after working fine for several years computer B suddenly started demanding a password whenever I tried to access...
  5. Networked PC suddenly asking for password??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Networked PC suddenly asking for password??: Have two PCs both running Windows 10 Home v2004 OS build 19043.1237 v21H1. Computer A is my primary and computer B is my networked secondary. The problem is that after working fine for several years computer B suddenly started demanding a password whenever I tried to access...
  6. Networked PC suddenly asking for password??

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. windows 10 suddenly asking for password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows 10 suddenly asking for password: title submitted by /u/jiviteshkadost [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m3f7mz/windows_10_suddenly_asking_for_password/
  8. All of a sudden, Windows asks for password on startup

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    All of a sudden, Windows asks for password on startup: I've been bypassing that startup page for ages, and today its started asking for the password. I have it set up on Accounts that I dont have to enter password and also on netplwiz. However it still asks for it. I've restarted the pc 3 times and it's asked every time....
  9. Windows 10 suddenly asking for a password.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 suddenly asking for a password.: I have Windows 10 on a home computer and I don't need the security of a password. I have it set to to boot without asking for the password. Recently, it started asking for the password. Rebooting the computer directly from that screen boots the computer without asking for the...
  10. Windows 10 suddenly asking for a password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 suddenly asking for a password: Hello! I've just started configuring a new pc. After relocating the Users folder from the SSD to the HDD drive successfully (following the tutorial in this forum), i wanted to change the name of the user folder. I activated my starting account, deleted the dummy one for...