Windows 10: Laptop suddenly dies

Discus and support Laptop suddenly dies in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Sooo.... the nightmare continues. I had problems with my laptop before, with the graphics card, in which, i discoverd that it was the graphics card... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by UserJY, Jun 1, 2020.

1. UserJY Win User

Laptop suddenly dies

Sooo.... the nightmare continues.

I had problems with my laptop before, with the graphics card, in which, i discoverd that it was the graphics card driver.

Today I tried to turn it on, and the screen did not turn on, I mean not even the black that appears when it is booting, my laptop has a wifi light, it was red, which means that it did not connect to wifi so it did turn on in some way.

I tried to connect it to an external display HDMI, On my tv because i did not have a propper display.

Nothing was shown.

If it is compleatly dead, is it possible to get tge data from the HDD???

:)

UserJY, Jun 1, 2020
  2. Kyhi Win User

Laptop died suddenly - battery issue

YES

Kyhi, Jun 1, 2020
  3. shotta287 Win User
    Laptop died suddenly - battery issue

Hi all,
    Lately I've had my laptop plugged in a lot because I've been running some design analysis software thats required a long time to solve. Anyway my laptop suddenly just cut off today whilst on battery. Straight away I assumed it was the battery as I had a similar issue back in 2010 with my old device. I've had my current laptop for about 2 and a half years. I ran a battery report which came up with the following information:
    • Cycle count: 489
    • Design capacity: 48840
    • Last full charge: 38373
    So its obvious my battery isn't at full capacity as expected. However, could this be the cause of it randomly losing power? I'm thinking more of a calibration issue. Any ideas on how to calibrate?

Many thanks in advance!

shotta287, Jun 1, 2020
  4. Laptop suddenly dies

Laptop suddenly dies

Dies in the sense,

Imagine you have a laptop running on battery and u just pull it out.

That way,no warning nothing.

PrestonMarques, Jun 1, 2020
Thema:

Laptop suddenly dies

1. Laptop suddenly dies - Similar Threads - Laptop suddenly dies

2. Laptop died and will no longer charge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop died and will no longer charge: I was on the laptop it was at like 1% my laptop gets laggy when it gets at a really low percentage it died and will no longer charge even when I tried charging it while it was still running it’s been like this for a while I tried resetting it I got a new charge tried plugging...
  3. Laptop died during refresh

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop died during refresh: I have windows 8.1 and received message to either refresh or reset. I got the part where I saw my files. Then asus kept pushing updates. I received black box system32\cmd.exe 1 file copied. Then asus popped up with another update notice. It went into restart and now I have a...
  4. Laptop died during an update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop died during an update: Today, a really bad storm hit my house, and knocked out the power. Anyway, my laptop was updating when this happened, and it died while we were without power. I turned my computer on once we had power back, and it says "undoing changes made to your computer". I just want to...
  5. Laptop dies on full charge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop dies on full charge: I have had my laptop for about 3 years now and it has to always stay on the charger because the second I unplug it, it dies immediately. It is probably a battery problem and I need to get a new laptop, but I have only had it for 3 years. What can I do to get more time out of...
  6. Sudden critical process died

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sudden critical process died: Over the weekend one of our office computers developed an issue leading to the dreaded “CRITICAL PROCESS DIED” error. i was not able to fix it with a system restore to a point a couple of weeks ago. I also uninstalled the most recent update. I have a Seagate backup drive...
  7. Ethernet suddenly died

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet suddenly died: The Ethernet connection suddenly just died. I can see on the router it has negotiated 1GB but ipconfig shows "media disconnected". I have tried different ports on the router and a different cable but no change. Did my motherboard ethernet port just die?? [img] 167806
  8. Dying laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Dying laptop: Good evening to all,Hope someone can give me some advice. I have a dying hp laptop been having small problems very often. Have done a complete windows reset for the third time beginning of the week so decided to go and get another newer model. don't use it for any hard work...
  9. Dead/dying laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Dead/dying laptop: I have a 7 year old HP laptop that has been totally bomb-proof, until yesterday. The cooling fan had been getting a bit noisy, and yesterday it finally locked up. Windows would not run without the cooling fan operating. I ordered a new fan overnight, and this afternoon I...
  10. Laptop died suddenly - battery issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop died suddenly - battery issue: Hi all, Lately I've had my laptop plugged in a lot because I've been running some design analysis software thats required a long time to solve. Anyway my laptop suddenly just cut off today whilst on battery. Straight away I assumed it was the battery as I had a similar issue...