Windows 10: Laptop suddenly moving so slow that audio is rendered with distortion

Discus and support Laptop suddenly moving so slow that audio is rendered with distortion in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My Dell XPS 13 laptop with Windows 10 suddenly -- in the middle of watching a Youtube video that was loading and playing fine -- slowed to a crawl... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by mayascape, Dec 3, 2022.

1. mayascape Win User

Laptop suddenly moving so slow that audio is rendered with distortion

My Dell XPS 13 laptop with Windows 10 suddenly -- in the middle of watching a Youtube video that was loading and playing fine -- slowed to a crawl across all programs. Not a wifi issue because it has trouble opening up the start menu, loading a right click, etc. The audio plays with distortion as well, even when I click on the volume control. I've already combed through similar questions on here so I am hoping not to see a generic answer. THINGS I HAVE TRIED THAT DID NOT FIX THE ISSUE:Normal restartNormal shut down, wait, restartChecked for latest Windows updatesChecked CPU percentages through

:)

mayascape, Dec 3, 2022
  2. L. Flea Win User

PC suddenly slow with distorted audio at random

My PC randomly becomes laggy and distorts the audio for a small amount of time, as if it were in slow-motion. Tried scanning for malware, but came up clean. Much obliged for help.

L. Flea, Dec 3, 2022
  3. Opie540 Win User
    sound distorted after windows 10 anniversary upgrade

This is where I'm at on my HP laptop with Windows 10 and the Anniversary update.

I completed step #3 "hardware and sound" but that took me to an option for "sound, speakers." There was no "properties" as step #4 suggests. I selected "sound, speakers" and then found "properties." After selecting "properties" there was no "enhancements
    tab" as step #5 suggests.

Regardless, I then uninstalled the realtek audio driver. I noticed that when I did this without restarting my laptop that the sound was now tinny, but not distorted as it was previously. After restarting, the sound was again full, yet distorted.

Realtek still shows in my programs list, though it shows no memory is used.

Thanks for your continued help.

Opie540, Dec 3, 2022
  4. Laptop suddenly moving so slow that audio is rendered with distortion

Windows 10 audio muffled/distorted suddenly

My windows 10 laptop (Samsung NP550P5C-S05IN) suddenly started sounding very muddy and distorted. Voice sounds are very suppressed. I tried everything.

Reinstalled Realtek HD audio manager. Deleted drivers and reinstalled them.

I play Counter Strike Global Offensive and I use teamspeak to audio chat with my team. I've been using windows 10 since its release. Never had any audio problems of such kind with my PC. I don't know what to do.

Please help. Ask me to add any additional info.

Help is much appreaciated.

papabiceps, Dec 3, 2022
Thema:

Laptop suddenly moving so slow that audio is rendered with distortion

1. Laptop suddenly moving so slow that audio is rendered with distortion - Similar Threads - Laptop suddenly moving

2. Laptop suddenly slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop suddenly slow: Laptop suddenly slow when it was working fine yesterday. Noticed it when I exited a game and it was taking longer for the laptop to respond. It was slow last time but fixed it by increasing disk space but now it's slow again. I already tried sfc scannow dism restore health,...
  3. Laptop suddenly slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop suddenly slow: Laptop suddenly slow when it was working fine yesterday. Noticed it when I exited a game and it was taking longer for the laptop to respond. It was slow last time but fixed it by increasing disk space but now it's slow again. I already tried sfc scannow dism restore health,...
  4. Laptop suddenly slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Laptop suddenly moving so slow that audio is rendered with distortion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop suddenly moving so slow that audio is rendered with distortion: My Dell XPS 13 laptop with Windows 10 suddenly -- in the middle of watching a Youtube video that was loading and playing fine -- slowed to a crawl across all programs. Not a wifi issue because it has trouble opening up the start menu, loading a right click, etc. The audio...
  6. Laptop suddenly moving so slow that audio is rendered with distortion

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop suddenly moving so slow that audio is rendered with distortion: My Dell XPS 13 laptop with Windows 10 suddenly -- in the middle of watching a Youtube video that was loading and playing fine -- slowed to a crawl across all programs. Not a wifi issue because it has trouble opening up the start menu, loading a right click, etc. The audio...
  7. Laptop suddenly slow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop suddenly slow: Hello all my main laptop has suddenly started to run very very slow and clicking on the start bar on the icons takes foreveer for the app to start up which is very unusual because it normally starts up and runs really fast. I have run a malware scan with my security suite but...
  8. laptop suddenly so slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    laptop suddenly so slow: my laptop has suddenly slowed down to a crawl. I cant do anything with it being as slow as it is. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-suddenly-so-slow/772893a6-cfff-46de-bc58-a0da550ebdc5
  9. Audio clipping, distorting, slowing down

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio clipping, distorting, slowing down: So basically I got Windows 10 in December 2019. Since then I have to face audio problems that are getting more and more unacceptable. It all started with single audio clicks I was getting in my browser. I tried using another one and it temporarily helped, but the same problem...
  10. Windows 10 Slow and Distorted Audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Slow and Distorted Audio: Hi, Sometimes I turn on the computer and the sound is distorted. The sample rate appears to have been halved and so the sound on media player and the video player is slow and distorted. I've found a temporary solution which lasts a while and I've documented here; Windows...