Windows 10: Laptop suddenly not displaying to external monitor

Discus and support Laptop suddenly not displaying to external monitor in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am so besides myself. I used my laptop with my 32inch TV as I usually do sometimes to watch movies and, I set the TV to automatically search for best... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Oluwaseyi.Akinruntan, Jan 6, 2021.

1. Laptop suddenly not displaying to external monitor

I am so besides myself. I used my laptop with my 32inch TV as I usually do sometimes to watch movies and, I set the TV to automatically search for best display after choosing the highest resolution possible. The PC notified me that the resolution was too high or something. I usually saw the notification but dismissed it every single time.

The resolution was too nice because I had so much more screen real estate. In fact, I began to use it for as long as I can as my second display, neglecting my Dell 19inch monitor until someone needed to watch TV.

i went to bed in the morning after a long night working and then, when I woke up, my laptop wouldn't connect with my external monitor. I reset Windows and still, the same thing. Eventually, I formatted the hard disc and re-installed the Windows. still, the same thing. I tried another laptop and, that immediately displayed. I just want to know if there's a software solution. If not, that's it. I'll just plan to get another PC. Probably a desktop this time around. I'm tired of laptops. I never carry it anywhere anyway.

Thanks.

:)

Oluwaseyi.Akinruntan, Jan 6, 2021
  2. Chrise Win User

Laptop External Monitor Problem

Thank you once again, I will explain:

• Today 10th November 2016 - After monitor eventually successfully connects to my HP laptop, in my absence when the laptop/monitor powers off, I get NO re-connection problems during the day
    • Tomorrow 11th November 2016 - After laptop and monitor has been restarted following, shut-down, power offs(laptop + monitor) I will be stuck once again with exactly the same problem

In my display settings each morning, my HP laptop shows it is connected to my external monitor, however there is no display on the external monitor for a vast amount of time, just randomly suddenly appears.?

Chrise, Jan 6, 2021
  3. Laptop suddenly stopped recognizing the external monitor

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to ask if the laptop is unable to recognize only the external monitor or other external devices also.

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on “Hardware and Devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 6, 2021
  4. delpi767 Win User

Laptop suddenly not displaying to external monitor

No display on laptop's external monitor-Monitor recognized but blank

After the recent Windows 10 update, my wife's laptop no longer displays on the external monitor. All was well before the update.

I am comfortable that Windows sees the monitor because clicking on Display Settings shows two displays. If I unplug the HDMI cable, only one display is shown.

I have confirmed that the monitor works by trying it with another laptop. I have also changed the HDMI cable between the laptop and the external monitor.

Device manager reports that I have the latest display driver installed.

I would appreciate any and all suggestions.

delpi767, Jan 6, 2021
Thema:

Laptop suddenly not displaying to external monitor

1. Laptop suddenly not displaying to external monitor - Similar Threads - Laptop suddenly displaying

2. Laptop screen not displaying on external monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop screen not displaying on external monitor: HiI have an external monitor I am trying to connect to laptop through HDMI. My laptop detects that there is a second monitor, but the monitor doesn't display anything. I've tried many different solutions: updating, roll backing, and even uninstalling my drivers. Those...
  3. Laptop screen not displaying on external monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop screen not displaying on external monitor: HiI have an external monitor I am trying to connect to laptop through HDMI. My laptop detects that there is a second monitor, but the monitor doesn't display anything. I've tried many different solutions: updating, roll backing, and even uninstalling my drivers. Those...
  4. Laptop screen not displaying on external monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. All of a sudden Windows Vista does not display on external monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All of a sudden Windows Vista does not display on external monitor: Before when I connected the second monitor to my laptop the display automatically transferred to my second monitor, shutting off the display on the laptop.Then it stopped, now displaying a black screen with the original settings on the second monitor. The display remained on...
  6. Laptop stopped displaying to external monitor

Laptop stopped displaying to external monitor: Today I went out after playing some games. When I came back and turned on my laptop that was connected to a monitor, no display came up. I have tried changing out monitors and hdmi cables, reinstalling video drivers, etc. My laptop still detects the monitor and says it is...
  7. External monitor stopped suddenly

in Windows 10 Customization
    External monitor stopped suddenly: My second monitor was working fine but suddenly it stopped detecting it anymore. There no sign of connection. I have tried changing all the connector. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-monitor-stopped-suddenly/e433e86e-aeb3-4353-9b9e-849726c61862
  8. Displaying Different Apps on External Monitor and Laptop Display

in Windows 10 Customization
    Displaying Different Apps on External Monitor and Laptop Display: Hello All, I am a student and am trying out taking notes using a Bamboo Ink pen and OneNote on my Surface Book 2. I want to go all-digital with my notes, and this works perfectly during lectures, but I cannot do this while trying to read an eTextbook or watch a video and...
  9. External monitor display

External monitor display: MS Office app menu bar and ribbon text is huge on my second monitor. How do I make it smaller? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-monitor-display/a7d43aa3-5e2c-4093-b089-97a901838bc7
  10. No display on laptop's external monitor-Monitor recognized but blank

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    No display on laptop's external monitor-Monitor recognized but blank: After the recent Windows 10 update, my wife's laptop no longer displays on the external monitor. All was well before the update. I am comfortable that Windows sees the monitor because clicking on Display Settings shows two displays. If I unplug the HDMI cable, only one...