Windows 10: Laptop suddenly restarted and lost all files and can't login Microsoft account

Discus and support Laptop suddenly restarted and lost all files and can't login Microsoft account in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I have a problem, a relative of mine lost all his files when his laptop suddenly restarted. His applications and Windows settings were lost too... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Mark Kevin Dawisan, Jun 4, 2021.

1. Laptop suddenly restarted and lost all files and can't login Microsoft account

Hello, I have a problem, a relative of mine lost all his files when his laptop suddenly restarted. His applications and Windows settings were lost too or got reset. I would like to know how to revert it back to what it was before it suddenly restarted and to recover the files. I hope you can help me with this. Thank you

:)

Mark Kevin Dawisan, Jun 4, 2021

2. Issues with the lost files in the account in Windows 10

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience caused to you regarding the lost files in the account. I will certainly assist you.

Please answer the below questions to assist you better.

1. When you say “main one” is it local account or Microsoft account?

2. Did you make any changes in the account settings?

I suggest you to login to the account where the files are missing and then follow the below steps.

• Open the Run by Windows+ R and then Enter.
    • Press . ( the full stop button in the keyboard) and then Enter.
    • Check whether you could see the user profile files.
    Reply us with more information to assist you better.

Anup Karkal, Jun 4, 2021
  3. otosnede Win User
    User account info lost after changing login email

Laptop suddenly restarted and lost all files and can't login Microsoft account [​IMG]

I recently changed my main Microsoft account login email and after doing so, all my 10 machines no longer show my name on the login screen (shows my email address twice) or in the Start menu (only shows the email address) and as you can see in the above screenshot, permissions no longer show as my login and email address.

Things I've done so far to try and correct it:
    1. Change my account to local login, then back to my Microsoft login, which temporarily corrected it, but then after a few restarts, the info gets lost again
    2. Manually added my name in Computer Management > System Tools > Local Users and Groups > Users... this fixed it, but again, only until a restart
    Has anyone else experienced something like this and no of a way to correct it (and make it stick)?

otosnede, Jun 4, 2021
  4. Laptop suddenly restarted and lost all files and can't login Microsoft account

Issues with the lost files in the account in Windows 10

i am incapablee perhapsa. i need staples yet agai.

FerneO'Neil, Jun 4, 2021
Thema:

Laptop suddenly restarted and lost all files and can't login Microsoft account

1. Laptop suddenly restarted and lost all files and can't login Microsoft account - Similar Threads - Laptop suddenly restarted

2. Local Accounts and Lost all files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local Accounts and Lost all files: I turned on my computer only to see that everything had strangely reset and I have not been able to sign back into my account because there was some sort of error. I signed out and signed back in again and I'm about to restart. The only thing that seems out of place is that...
  3. Local Accounts and Lost all files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Local Accounts and Lost all files: I turned on my computer only to see that everything had strangely reset and I have not been able to sign back into my account because there was some sort of error. I signed out and signed back in again and I'm about to restart. The only thing that seems out of place is that...
  4. Local Accounts and Lost all files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Microsoft account deleted, can't login to laptop for onedrive synced files.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft account deleted, can't login to laptop for onedrive synced files.: Dear people, I took over my laptop from my previous employer. However, my account has been deleted so I can no longer log in and access my files. I did save everything local with onedrive. Normally I would just boot a Linux OS and retrieve the files, but secure boot is on and...
  6. Microsoft account deleted, can't login to laptop for onedrive synced files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account deleted, can't login to laptop for onedrive synced files.: Dear people, I took over my laptop from my previous employer. However, my account has been deleted so I can no longer log in and access my files. I did save everything local with onedrive. Normally I would just boot a Linux OS and retrieve the files, but secure boot is on and...
  7. Microsoft account deleted, can't login to laptop for onedrive synced files.

8. Surface Go2 Laptop restart all of sudden

Surface Go2 Laptop restart all of sudden: I bought new surface go 2 laptop 3 weeks ago. I use it for Excel, surf internet etc. In the last 3 weeks, i have experieced suddent restarts of the computer. Initially i though there were updates to be installed and it has downloaded & install is automatic. But that is not...
  9. Lost all files ... Local account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost all files ... Local account: I am a college student and my program is IT but because of COVID we have to do everything virtual and we had homework on creating account with command prompt both on VCLOUD and my own PC. Two days ago i was trying to open Word to do my homeowrk but a message pop up saying...
  10. Can't login to windows 10 all of a sudden

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't login to windows 10 all of a sudden: Hi guys I'm new here and I have this disturbing problem I would like to solve with your help if possible. So I upgraded from 8.1 few months ago everything ran smooth for few days I downloaded updates still It was okay but few days after that I couldnt login as It was...