Windows 10: Laptop Suggestions requested - long battery, slim case, budget

Discus and support Laptop Suggestions requested - long battery, slim case, budget in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I personally use an Asus Zenbook UX305FA that has been above my expectations in most every respect except for the laughably poor speakers/sound, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by cognus, Sep 30, 2019.

1. cognus Win User

Laptop Suggestions requested - long battery, slim case, budget

I personally use an Asus Zenbook UX305FA that has been above my expectations in most every respect except for the laughably poor speakers/sound, and their ongoing bizarre inability to either secure good trackpad drivers or/both decent trackpad hardware. Other than that, it is one of the best ultras ever produced, and hard to find used in good condition. Its successors all have proven to be less reliable, more glitchy.

So we have a lot of new processors and chipsets: I need to buy a couple of slim, long-battery-life notebooks/laptops, but on a budget. I do a respectable amount of business on Ebay so am comfortable buying from quality sellers there. I am lookng at Corporate-type laptops: Thinkpads, Latitudes, Elitebooks, and there are some good choices there, though many with mediocre displays. But I'm also looking at new budget offerings such as https://www.amazon.com/Acer-Display-.../dp/B07RF1XD36
    or
    https://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-14-l...?skuId=6353352
    [this one apparently has sold as low as $199 on specials]

What are you using or have experience with that would be a candidate? I would prefer fanless, as is my own zenbook, but those are hard to identify and find with good reputation.

thanks
    c

:)

cognus, Sep 30, 2019

2. laptop battery wont charge after latest update

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s okay if you only have 1).

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

FreeBooter, Sep 30, 2019
  3. Suggest me a case

No real budget just suggest a case

MohawkAngel, Sep 30, 2019
  4. Laptop Suggestions requested - long battery, slim case, budget

Laptop battery issue

I'm pretty sure the E1505 has "speed step" on it. Double checkthe speed step settings to make sure they are set for long battery life, maybe it's somehow reset itself?

thoughtdisorder, Sep 30, 2019
Thema:

Laptop Suggestions requested - long battery, slim case, budget

1. Laptop Suggestions requested - long battery, slim case, budget - Similar Threads - Laptop Suggestions requested

2. How long do CMOS batteries last? WIN 10 Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How long do CMOS batteries last? WIN 10 Laptop: I have a windows 10 HP laptop and constantly worried of something happening to it and been curious about a few things-How long do CMOS batteries typically last and what are signs it's failing?-Do CMOS batteries last longer if constantly powered? at least that is what one...
  3. How long do CMOS batteries last? WIN 10 Laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How long do CMOS batteries last? WIN 10 Laptop: I have a windows 10 HP laptop and constantly worried of something happening to it and been curious about a few things-How long do CMOS batteries typically last and what are signs it's failing?-Do CMOS batteries last longer if constantly powered? at least that is what one...
  4. does working on my laptop plugged in for long periods affect battery ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    does working on my laptop plugged in for long periods affect battery ?: does working on my laptop plugged in for long periods affect battery ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-working-on-my-laptop-plugged-in-for-long/1bb69b76-c81d-42ee-9b86-aa2d7fd4bffe
  5. Optimizing Battery Life on Lenovo Legion Slim 5 Gen 8 Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Optimizing Battery Life on Lenovo Legion Slim 5 Gen 8 Laptop: So I recently purchased a Lenovo Legion Slim 5 Gen 8 laptop with a Ryzen 7 7840HS processor and an RTX 4060 graphics card. While the battery life is already respectable, I want to maximize it as much as possible for college to avoid carrying around an extra USB-C charger.Here...
  6. Optimizing Battery Life on Lenovo Legion Slim 5 Gen 8 Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Optimizing Battery Life on Lenovo Legion Slim 5 Gen 8 Laptop: So I recently purchased a Lenovo Legion Slim 5 Gen 8 laptop with a Ryzen 7 7840HS processor and an RTX 4060 graphics card. While the battery life is already respectable, I want to maximize it as much as possible for college to avoid carrying around an extra USB-C charger.Here...
  7. As requested I have a suggestion box item

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    As requested I have a suggestion box item: This tech at Microsoft support responded to my response he asked what idea I have for Microsoft. My idea in the suggestion box was Microsoft could have a more intuitive process, one that senses and sorts filing needs automatically.I believe he asked wher I would change....
  8. Help choosing a budget laptop for school, Help Please!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Help choosing a budget laptop for school, Help Please!: So I been contemplating on buying a budget Laptop for college. I just need it for basic Microsoft 365 applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and web browsing possibly watch a little Netflix. I am not concerned about having a high quality HD screen since I have an iPad...
  9. I need a suggestion for graphic design monitor on a budget

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    I need a suggestion for graphic design monitor on a budget: Hello, I am looking for suggestions concerning a new monitor. My old CRT is about to give up, and I have the option to get another old CRT for $10, but I would like to upgrade if I can. These are my concerns: Eye safety. I have read that LED screens are more damaging than...
  10. suggestions for a laptop please

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    suggestions for a laptop please: Looking at budget approx £500 need something at college level, for web design Unity projects etc. quite happy with Non Intel CPU if gives better price / performance. have heard that latest laptops have HDD's that are difficult to replace....but battery life is not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. suggestions for budget language:en