Windows 10: laptop switched from pin to password

Discus and support laptop switched from pin to password in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi My laptop (lynx) recently restarted several times without a restart being selected and the after another restart has switched from a pin code to a... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by leepennington, Nov 12, 2018.

1. laptop switched from pin to password

Hi

My laptop (lynx) recently restarted several times without a restart being selected and the after another restart has switched from a pin code to a password, i have reset my Microsoft account password several times and each new password fails, if the password is an original one that i dont remember entering then i will have used my default goto password which again the machine rejects, i basically have a windows 10 laptop that has somehow locked me out, is there a way to get around the sign in or switch back to a pin from the sign in or start up ?

:)

leepennington, Nov 12, 2018
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

Microsoft Account PIN and password

We appreciate the screenshot that you provided. to start troubleshooting the issue with you logins, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how login pin goes back to password:

• Click Start menu and go to Settings.
    • In Settings, click the Accounts icon.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Change both your password and pin one by one.
    Let us know how it goes.

Dyan Rey, Nov 12, 2018
  3. Argel Obm Win User
    How to SWITCH login method from PIN to password

Hi James,

You can only set up a PIN if you've set up a password on your Windows 10 user account. Once you set up a PIN, you will have the option to either change or remove it. To remove your PIN, follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo (Start button).
    • Click the gear icon (Settings).
    • Select Accounts.
    • On the left pane, choose Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, press Remove.
    • Click Remove again.
    • Enter the user account password, and then click OK.

After doing the steps above, you can sign-out to your account to see if you will be able to log-in using the password.

Let us know how it goes.

Argel Obm, Nov 12, 2018
  4. laptop switched from pin to password

Have PIN for Windows 10 but need Windows password

Hi,

To set up a PIN on your Windows account, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Type the word pin in the search box and select
      Set up PIN sign-in

• Under the PIN section, click the
      Add
      button.

• Enter the password for your user account, then click the
      OK button.

• Follow the instructions on the screen.

Let us know how it goes.

Aileen Alf, Nov 12, 2018
Thema:

laptop switched from pin to password

1. laptop switched from pin to password - Similar Threads - laptop switched pin

2. Switch to password instead of pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switch to password instead of pin: I want to change from using my pin for login on my computer to using my password. I have searched and followed the instructions in the various questions/ threads here but there is no password option in the sign in options tab and the remove pin button is grayed out so I can't...
  3. Switch to password instead of pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Switch to password instead of pin: I want to change from using my pin for login on my computer to using my password. I have searched and followed the instructions in the various questions/ threads here but there is no password option in the sign in options tab and the remove pin button is grayed out so I can't...
  4. Switch to password instead of pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Switch a pin to a password . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Switch a pin to a password . . .: My computer is a Dell laptop.Running Windows 10.Way back when. I setup a PIN.To get onto my computer.I would like to, delete the pin.And, use a password.Please explain, how to do it?Thanks for reading . . . Jerry...
  6. Microsoft account-switch from password > pin / pin > password / open without sign in ......

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft account-switch from password > pin / pin > password / open without sign in ......: Hello,I used to enter netplwiz and I could chose from sign-in with or without password/pin ... gone!I used to be able to change from signing in with password or pin ... gone! settings > accounts > sign-in optionsThere is only that strange "Hello" stuff, which seems to be...
  7. How to Switch from a Password to a PIN

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to Switch from a Password to a PIN: This may seem like a strange question but, I used to have a PIN, which worked quite well until Windows 10 Pro Crashed 4-times in one month, due to numerous power failures here in our part of the Philippines, which caused my Motherboard to eventually fail. Once I got the new...
  8. Switch from password to pin sign in.

Switch from password to pin sign in.: I cant seem to get my Windows 10 computer to allow me to use a pin. Ive followed the instructions to add a pin but it still requires a password. I actually had a pin access until I reset my computer. Now it wont let me do it. I deleted my old pin and added a new one but...
  9. how to switch from a pin login to password Without logging in.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how to switch from a pin login to password Without logging in.: This windows computer was turned off and when it booted back up it switched from logging in with a password to logging in with a PIN. The person does not remember setting a pin and when they click the forgot password button it lists an email for 2 factor authentication that...
  10. Pin switching to password after reboot

Pin switching to password after reboot: So I was changing up my settings on a wacom tablet software for the tablet and i decided to restart the PC. I was then met with a password login instead of a PIN login. The thing is that i dont remember making a password. Can anyone tell me a way to revert back to pin...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows login has switched from pin to password

2. microsoft pin switched to password