Windows 10: Laptop Switched Off, Screen Black, but Inside HDD or CPU still On

Discus and support Laptop Switched Off, Screen Black, but Inside HDD or CPU still On in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello Everybody, This topic i.e. "Laptop Switched Off but Inside HDD or CPU still On" is on the internet in almost all forums and i have browsed and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Pinesh, Oct 29, 2015.

1. Pinesh Win User

Laptop Switched Off, Screen Black, but Inside HDD or CPU still On

Hello Everybody,

This topic i.e. "Laptop Switched Off but Inside HDD or CPU still On" is on the internet in almost all forums and i have browsed and surfed 50 of the key ones but none have offered a proper solution or maybe it is not working for my laptop.

I have a Dell Inspiron 3542 Laptop with a Core i5 CPU, Nvidia Ge Froce graphic card and 4 GB Ram. It came with preinstalled windows 8.1 64 bit OS which was upgraded to windows 10 64 bit OS.

The issue has started after the upgrade to windows 10.

Even after switching off the laptop, the screen goes black but inside the laptop either the HDD or CPU or something remains on. I formatted and did a clean install and installed all DELL drivers in the perfect order.... No change! The problem still persists. i have the latest Bios as Dell drivers check.

I am posting this here with a hope that somebody may have found a solution to this problem.

Please help.

Thanks. Mehta

:)

Pinesh, Oct 29, 2015
  2. Lalit276 Win User

My HP laptop screen went blank after updating to Win 10 from 8.1

Laptop Switched Off, Screen Black, but Inside HDD or CPU still On [​IMG]
    I think I might not have explained my position here correctly. Although the CPU of my laptop is working but the screen is as if it is switched
    off. Just black. So I am not able to see anything.As visible in the image the laptop is on but the screen is completely black. I hope this helps.

Lalit276, Oct 29, 2015
  3. Black screen on boot windows 10

Yesterday i updated my laptop - ACER ASPIRE V3- 471G . it already had windows 10 so this was some update to the same. I switched off my laptop and onve i got back home it wouldnt start up normally. All i get is a black screen. No cursor. No hdd. Nothing.
    No sound as well.

I tried the solutions from other forums such as connecting a monitor but that didnt help either.

I've a NVIDIA 630M . there is no bootup logo. Just black screen. Is there a way outof this!?

NaumanParkar, Oct 29, 2015
  4. spapakons Win User

Some device or application keeps Windows busy and cannot fully shutdown. Visit the BSOD section to see how you can post a system report so we can analyze it and find the problem.

spapakons, Oct 29, 2015
Thema:

1. Laptop Switched Off, Screen Black, but Inside HDD or CPU still On - Similar Threads - Laptop Switched Off

2. Laptop on but screen is still black?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Laptop on but screen is still black?: My laptop has a black screen and I have tried everything google has said in order to fix it. It is able to turn on and light is on but the screen is still black. I’ve tried to restart many times but no change. Also tried ctrl + shift + windows logo + B, it sometimes beeps...
  3. Laptop on but screen is still black?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop on but screen is still black?: My laptop has a black screen and I have tried everything google has said in order to fix it. It is able to turn on and light is on but the screen is still black. I’ve tried to restart many times but no change. Also tried ctrl + shift + windows logo + B, it sometimes beeps...
  4. Laptop on but screen is still black?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Screen is still black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen is still black: Is there a reason besides asking the question that my screen is still black just checking no worries I'm not.ThanksWes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-is-still-black/70e4cf68-1c7c-47fd-9639-ba7eb0fb1fd4
  6. Screen is still black

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen is still black: Is there a reason besides asking the question that my screen is still black just checking no worries I'm not.ThanksWes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-is-still-black/70e4cf68-1c7c-47fd-9639-ba7eb0fb1fd4
  7. Black screen but the laptop is still working ...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen but the laptop is still working ...: I have a question concerning another situation with my laptop. My screen goes to black 5 minutes after no activities and i could put it back up just by pressing on any keys from the keyboard. Now I can't turn the screen up back but I still can hear the laptop working in the...
  8. Apps Crashing then black screen after that my screen will turn off but my laptop is still on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Apps Crashing then black screen after that my screen will turn off but my laptop is still on: How can I fix this please? this is my 4th day experiencing this problem all app crashing then black screen after that my screen will turn off but my laptop is still on And the only way I can turn it back to normal is to reboot my laptop This problem happens every 2 or 3...
  9. switch to turn HDD/SSD on/off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    switch to turn HDD/SSD on/off: OK, with installing the new OS old issues come back to life. Here goes the question: can one have a physical switch somewhere on the PC case that can turn a single drive (HDD or SSD) on and off? I did search the internet before posting and several solutions exist, but...
  10. Stop HDD's switching off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Stop HDD's switching off: Hi there Is there anyway to stop HDD's from switching off after some period of inactivity I''m testing a media server and obviously I don't want to have to wait 30 secs or so (seems like that) while the HDD's spin up before serving files I've changed all the power...