Windows 10: Laptop switches off when unplugged

Discus and support Laptop switches off when unplugged in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Me and my brother's laptops were working perfectly before we updated it. When we updated it an issue came up where we can only use our laptops only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by jarodcampbell21, Mar 8, 2020.

1. Laptop switches off when unplugged

Me and my brother's laptops were working perfectly before we updated it. When we updated it an issue came up where we can only use our laptops only when plugged in. If it isn't plugged in, it switches off. Also, even though its plugged in, every 15 seconds during gameplay there is some serious lag. These issues happens to both my laptop and my brother's laptop which are the same models. It happened to my brother's laptop a week before it happened to mine. The battery life of the computer doesn't increase either. Please help.

:)

jarodcampbell21, Mar 8, 2020

2. I am getting BSOD for VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR on unplugged startup

I am bit uncomfortable posting the dmp files as they may contain an excess of personal information. Can you advise me on how to analyze them?

I am running the other steps currently. I will post them in a few hours (bit busy tonight).

One notable factor, I specifically started up my laptop right now unplugged. After switching to the Gigabyte's "customized" RTX drivers, I did not get a crash at/near launch. Some of the related threads listed at the bottom the thread page noted that the "customized" driver sets can have these effects.

leftisthominid, Mar 8, 2020
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Mar 8, 2020
  4. Laptop switches off when unplugged

Airplane mode switch not working

Since the troubleshooting steps that were provided did not resolve the issue, we suggest switching on the Radio Management Service. To do that, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type services.msc, then hit Enter.
    • Search for Radio Management Service.
    • Right-click, then choose Start.

Note: Never ever set this service to "Disabled".

Get back to us if the steps won't work.

Marilou Ser, Mar 8, 2020
Thema:

Laptop switches off when unplugged

1. Laptop switches off when unplugged - Similar Threads - Laptop switches off

2. Laptop turns off when unplugged

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop turns off when unplugged: i have a toshiba satellite c855-s5350 and when i unplug it it turns off when i click on the battery it says 100%, any fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-turns-off-when-unplugged/a765a703-f084-423c-a74c-3b25dae940ee
  3. Laptop turns off when unplugged

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop turns off when unplugged: i have a toshiba satellite c855-s5350 and when i unplug it it turns off when i click on the battery it says 100%, any fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-turns-off-when-unplugged/a765a703-f084-423c-a74c-3b25dae940ee
  4. Laptop turns off when unplugged

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Laptop switches refresh rate when unplugged

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop switches refresh rate when unplugged: Hello strangers on the internet, I have a Asus Zephyrus G14 with a AMD Ryzen 9 5900HS with a Nvidia RTX 3060 that when unplugged goes black for a second to change the refresh rate from 144hz to 60hz or the opposite when plugged in. Is there anything I can do to keep the...
  6. Laptop won't start if unplugged, turns off when unplugged

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop won't start if unplugged, turns off when unplugged: submitted by /u/Jcrm87 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gp127e/laptop_wont_start_if_unplugged_turns_off_when/
  7. Windows laptop turns off when unplugged

in Windows 10 News
    Windows laptop turns off when unplugged: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you are facing the problem where your Windows 10 laptop turns off when unplugged, even with a new Battery, then this post could be helpful for you. The most obvious reason for a laptop shutting down immediately after unplugging [...] This post Windows...
  8. Laptop randomly shuts off especially when unplugged

Laptop randomly shuts off especially when unplugged: My laptop is an Alienware 14 running Windows 10. Every few days or longer, it automatically turns off without warning, and does it a lot more often until I unplug it and wait a long time. It happens even more often whenever it's unplugged at any time. There's nothing wrong...
  9. Laptop switching off when power to charge switched on.

Laptop switching off when power to charge switched on.: Quite often my Dell Inspiron5758 laptop will, when I switch on the power to recharge, turn off. Has anyone any ideas what might be the cause? 123749
  10. Network adapter turns off when laptop is unplugged

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network adapter turns off when laptop is unplugged: So I wanted my laptop to connect to my 5GHz network because I heard that it doesn't interfere with bluetooth connections, but it couldn't detect my 5GHz network even though my phone could. I did some searching and I saw that someone's managed to detect it once he uninstalled...