Windows 10: Laptop takes 3 minutes to turn off after the screen is turned off.

Discus and support Laptop takes 3 minutes to turn off after the screen is turned off. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello. I have a HP 15s-eq0005nv laptop. Since I bought this laptop 9 months ago, every time I get an update something goes wrong and "breaks". Recently... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/imklod1, Sep 30, 2020.

1. Laptop takes 3 minutes to turn off after the screen is turned off.

Hello. I have a HP 15s-eq0005nv laptop. Since I bought this laptop 9 months ago, every time I get an update something goes wrong and "breaks". Recently I have been having a huge problem with this laptop. When I click to shut down my laptop the screen turns off normally, but then the fan and lights stay on for another 3 minutes before completing the shut down process. Today I got a new update and I clicked the Restart button to install the updates and for the past 4 hours the screen has been stuck on the Restarting screen and nothing is happening at all. Please if anyone knows how to fix and solve this issue let me know.

submitted by /u/imklod1
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/imklod1, Sep 30, 2020
  2. dmholt57 Win User

My laptop turns off the screen in 2 - 3 minutes.

What power plan are you using, High Performance, Balanced? Look in the power plan profile to change the advanced power settings. You will find settings for display, adapter, etc., if it says 3 minutes change it by clicking on it and using up or down arrows.
    Laptop takes 3 minutes to turn off after the screen is turned off. [​IMG]

dmholt57, Sep 30, 2020
  3. Screen turns black, system "hybernating"

Turned it on - after almost an entire day without touching it - and worked for 3 hours before the same screen black, system hibernating happened again.

Checked the temperature throughout and the cores registered at max 56 and 50.

Suggestions?

trail_of_fiends, Sep 30, 2020
  4. Alduin Win User

Laptop takes 3 minutes to turn off after the screen is turned off.

Laptop turn itself off

Hello
    For some time my laptop(asus g751) shuts off automatically at different times sometimes 15 minutes (after turning on my laptop) and sometimes after 3 or 4 hour
    My laptop was too hot under load but I 've got to stop Intel's Turbo Boost and the problem was solved
    Is this a hardware problem?

Alduin, Sep 30, 2020
Thema:

Laptop takes 3 minutes to turn off after the screen is turned off.

1. Laptop takes 3 minutes to turn off after the screen is turned off. - Similar Threads - Laptop takes minutes

2. LAPTOP DISPLAY TURNS OFF AFTER SEVERAL MINUTES

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    LAPTOP DISPLAY TURNS OFF AFTER SEVERAL MINUTES: My laptop display will turnoff after few min. Computer is up to date. The computer is running but after a few mintues display goes away. I do have 2 external monitors but i need my 3rd, Main Laptop Display As Well! I've been working & researching this for over a month! My...
  3. LAPTOP DISPLAY TURNS OFF AFTER SEVERAL MINUTES

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LAPTOP DISPLAY TURNS OFF AFTER SEVERAL MINUTES: My laptop display will turnoff after few min. Computer is up to date. The computer is running but after a few mintues display goes away. I do have 2 external monitors but i need my 3rd, Main Laptop Display As Well! I've been working & researching this for over a month! My...
  4. LAPTOP DISPLAY TURNS OFF AFTER SEVERAL MINUTES

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Screen turn off in 2 minutes

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Screen turn off in 2 minutes: Hey,Every time I leave the room, even for 2 minutes windows is locked and the display is turning off.Dynamic lock is off; andDisplay settings are:Does some has a clue how to stop it? Win 10...
  6. Screen turns off after 1 minute

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen turns off after 1 minute: I set my time after screen turns off to 5 minutes, but it keeps turning off and locking after 1 minute of inactivity. The weird thing is I tried setting screen saver to 2 minutes and then turned screen saver off and then the screen turned off after 2 minutes, but when I...
  7. Screen turns off after 1 minute

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen turns off after 1 minute: I set my time after screen turns off to 5 minutes, but it keeps turning off and locking after 1 minute of inactivity. The weird thing is I tried setting screen saver to 2 minutes and then turned screen saver off and then the screen turned off after 2 minutes, but when I...
  8. Screen will not turn off after 15 minutes.

Screen will not turn off after 15 minutes.: Hello. Ever since I installed the May 2020 update, my screen will not turn off after 15 minutes like I set it to. This is a fresh installation of the OS, I even tried using "sfc /scannow" but no corrupted files were found. I'm not sure if this is an issue everyone is...
  9. Lenovo laptop turning itself off after exactly 3 minutes.

Lenovo laptop turning itself off after exactly 3 minutes.: Hello, I have recently updated my laptop to the newest version of Windows. Since i updated it, if i leave it idle for 3 minutes, it automatically shuts itself off completely, however all apps remain running. I checked every power saving function, all of them are turned...
  10. My laptop turns off the screen in 2 - 3 minutes.

in Windows 10 Support
    My laptop turns off the screen in 2 - 3 minutes.: This is fairly new behavior. I had changed power options to turn off the screen from 2 hours down to 1 hour when this began. What have I done wrong? I only use the laptop plugged in so I didn't change the battery part of the power option. 99810