Windows 10: Laptop Takes A Long Time To Boot From The SSD

Discus and support Laptop Takes A Long Time To Boot From The SSD in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a Dell laptop running Windows 10 20H2 and even though it boots from an SSD, it takes a long time to boot. After the Dell logo comes up, it stays... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by WareNetwork2000, May 20, 2021.

1. Laptop Takes A Long Time To Boot From The SSD

I have a Dell laptop running Windows 10 20H2 and even though it boots from an SSD, it takes a long time to boot. After the Dell logo comes up, it stays like that for about a minute or two. Then, the spinning dots appear. I don't know why it takes so long for them to appear. I've tried turning on and turning off fast startup without any effect on the boot time. Can you please help me speed up my laptop's boot time?

:)

WareNetwork2000, May 20, 2021

2. SMSSInit causing long boot time in Windows 10 with SSD drive

I upgraded my Lenovo G770 laptop to Windows 10 a month ago and in the last few days I migrated my C drive to a Samsung Evo 850 SSD drive as previous boot times were becoming very annoying. I had thought moving onto the SSD drive would work wonders, but boot
    time is still horrible.

I've gone through various sites and forums and tried numerous suggested steps without any joy.

Found a very informative article on the event viewer so went through it's suggested steps. Which led me to a critical event ID 110 - below:

Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-Diagnostics-Performance/Operational
    Source: Microsoft-Windows-Diagnostics-Performance
    Date: 9/27/2015 4:11:54 PM
    Event ID: 110
    Task Category: Boot Performance Monitoring
    Level: Critical
    Keywords: Event Log
    User: LOCAL SERVICE
    Computer: F1-Laptop
    Description:
    Session manager initialization caused a slow down in the startup process:
    Name :
    SMSSInit
    Total Time
    : 82915ms
    Degradation Time
    : 72915ms
    Incident Time (UTC)
    : ‎2015‎-‎09‎-‎27T15:08:45.868751200Z

Problem is, I've no idea what it's trying to do here and there are no further details given.

Any gurus out there can point me in the right direction or let me know what additional information I can give to help you identify the possible issue?

Many thanks in advance!

f1speedfreak, May 20, 2021
  3. ram93 Win User
    laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, May 20, 2021
  4. Steve C Win User

Laptop Takes A Long Time To Boot From The SSD

slow boot time on ssd

My Dell laptop boots in c. 15s using a SSD. First steps are to disable fast startup and check /disable what is loading using Autoruns. If that doesn't work post a boot trace and someone here will probably review it for you.

Steve C, May 20, 2021
Thema:

Laptop Takes A Long Time To Boot From The SSD

1. Laptop Takes A Long Time To Boot From The SSD - Similar Threads - Laptop Takes Long

2. computer takes a long time to boot from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer takes a long time to boot from sleep mode: Hello, I have a windows desktop and have been having an issue with it loading from sleep mode. when I click the mouse/keyboard to start the pc back up, it takes a good 3-5 mins before the screen fires up to the sign in screen. The PC itself wakes up, just doesn't wake up the...
  3. computer takes a long time to boot from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    computer takes a long time to boot from sleep mode: Hello, I have a windows desktop and have been having an issue with it loading from sleep mode. when I click the mouse/keyboard to start the pc back up, it takes a good 3-5 mins before the screen fires up to the sign in screen. The PC itself wakes up, just doesn't wake up the...
  4. Laptop takes a long time to boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop takes a long time to boot: Hello, My laptop takes from 10 to 20 minutes till it turns on. Almost all start up apps are disabled I tried a whole scan and there were no threats I tried clean up and desk fragmentationAnd lastly I reset my device by deleting everything and reinstalled the windows from...
  5. really long booting time with SSD

really long booting time with SSD: i have an old Lenovo G40-45 swapped the boot drive with 128GB SSD, but the HDD is still used using caddy in the dvd slot running Windows 10 20H2 the SSD used only for windows drive, all of my data (documents, games etc) stored in HDD using fast startup mode the boot time is...
  6. Laptop taking long time to boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop taking long time to boot: I have Lenovo Z50-70, WIN 10 I recently found that my laptop taking time for the booting. In addition, many times it hangs suddenly. The boot problem was seen whenever I connect the projector, DINSHI INFINIX+ NVDIA control panel also dose not work. Please help...
  7. Windows taking long time to boot

Windows taking long time to boot: Hii , My laptop is taking long time to boot. It is stuck at welcome home screen for about 3-4 mins. This was not a issue till yesterday. I think some automatic update caused this issue. I tried updating my windows to latest version but it won't work. I updated gpu...
  8. SSD takes a long time 5 minutes to boot after a shutdown

SSD takes a long time 5 minutes to boot after a shutdown: This only applies if I use the shutdown button to forcibly turn the computer off. If I shut it down using the interface, it turns on quickly as usual....
  9. Long Boot or Long Login Times with ssd

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Long Boot or Long Login Times with ssd: For some reason when I boot from scratch I either get a black screen for over 30 seconds or it goes the the login screen and it takes forever to login. Hibernation doesn't have this problem. Cpu:Ryzen 5 3500u Model:HP 15-cw1068wm submitted by /u/gamingbro697 [link]...
  10. w10 takes a long time to boot

in Windows 10 Customization
    w10 takes a long time to boot: My w10 takes a long time to boot, the desktop apps load , then grey out and load again along with the apps pinned to start bar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/w10-takes-a-long-time-to-boot/63448655-da7a-4382-add5-07bcbccd81f0