Windows 10: Laptop takes a long time to boot

Discus and support Laptop takes a long time to boot in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, My laptop takes from 10 to 20 minutes till it turns on. Almost all start up apps are disabled I tried a whole scan and there were no threats I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by - . - B, Sep 2, 2021.

1. - . - B Win User

Laptop takes a long time to boot

Hello, My laptop takes from 10 to 20 minutes till it turns on. Almost all start up apps are disabled I tried a whole scan and there were no threats I tried clean up and desk fragmentationAnd lastly I reset my device by deleting everything and reinstalled the windows from recovery driveAnd the problem was not solved! So is it a software problem or a hard drive problem Please let me know thank you ^^* original title: Please identify the problem *

:)

- . - B, Sep 2, 2021
  2. ram93 Win User

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Sep 2, 2021
  3. DanielYX Win User
    Long Loading Time for Lock Screen

Hello Pawan, thank you for the reply!

I've tried all of the steps that you've given me. Unfortunately, none of them made a difference except for the clean boot step. It didn't completely solve the problem, however I did notice a
    slightly faster load time for the lock screen. However, it still takes an unusually long time to load it. Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Daniel

DanielYX, Sep 2, 2021
  4. Steve C Win User

Extremely long and incomplete boot

This may be a long shot. My PC hung at boot yesterday after typing the password - see Can't Login - Further Troubleshooting Steps?

I ran chkdsk c: /spotfix and all is now fine. Someone has also suggested running chkdsk c: /r.

Steve C, Sep 2, 2021
Thema:

1. Laptop takes a long time to boot - Similar Threads - Laptop takes long

2. Laptop takes a long time to enter Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop takes a long time to enter Sleep: Yesterday I noticed that it's taking the laptop a rather long time to "go to sleep" whem I close the lid. Usually it'd only take 1 minute tops, even with a lot of programs running, but this time it took maybe 4-5 minutes? I thought it might be because I had been using the...
  3. Laptop Takes A Long Time To Boot From The SSD

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop Takes A Long Time To Boot From The SSD: I have a Dell laptop running Windows 10 20H2 and even though it boots from an SSD, it takes a long time to boot. After the Dell logo comes up, it stays like that for about a minute or two. Then, the spinning dots appear. I don't know why it takes so long for them to appear....
  4. Laptop taking long time to boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop taking long time to boot: I have Lenovo Z50-70, WIN 10 I recently found that my laptop taking time for the booting. In addition, many times it hangs suddenly. The boot problem was seen whenever I connect the projector, DINSHI INFINIX+ NVDIA control panel also dose not work. Please help...
  5. Windows taking long time to boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows taking long time to boot: Hii , My laptop is taking long time to boot. It is stuck at welcome home screen for about 3-4 mins. This was not a issue till yesterday. I think some automatic update caused this issue. I tried updating my windows to latest version but it won't work. I updated gpu...
  6. Windows 10 takes a long time to boot

Windows 10 takes a long time to boot: It's my first time asking a question here . Hope i get some answers. I upgraded to windows 10 home from windows 8.1. My Windows 10 takes about 8 minutes too boot up My Notebook specifications are as follows. It is a HP Pavilion TS 15 Notebook CPU: Intel Core i3 4005U ,...
  7. Windows 10 takes long time to boot

Windows 10 takes long time to boot: Hi, I had this problem since 2 days ago, it will take long time to boot and stuck on black screen with spinning circle for the longest time before I can sign in into my laptop. I have been trying to fix it with the internet help(windows 10 trouble shooting, reddit, etc)....
  8. w10 takes a long time to boot

in Windows 10 Customization
    w10 takes a long time to boot: My w10 takes a long time to boot, the desktop apps load , then grey out and load again along with the apps pinned to start bar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/w10-takes-a-long-time-to-boot/63448655-da7a-4382-add5-07bcbccd81f0
  9. Windows 10 takes a long time to boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 takes a long time to boot: So, I've encountered this issue lately where Windows 10 takes considerably longer to boot than before. (Usually 4 to 5 minutes) It used to boot under 30 seconds before so I don't know what went wrong here. So, the screen with the Windows logo and loading circle...
  10. Dual boot startup takes long time

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Dual boot startup takes long time: Started with a dual boot Windows 7 pro / XP HP Elite 8300. Upgraded Windows 7 to 10 and now it seems to take forever for the boot menu to show up. I can hit restart, it shuts down then just sits there doing nothing for several minutes. No hard drive activity, no video just...