Windows 10: Laptop takes a long time to turn on screen after waking up from sleep mode

Discus and support Laptop takes a long time to turn on screen after waking up from sleep mode in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; As the title states, I have a Lenovo Legion Y520 that takes 5-6 seconds to turn on the screen after I open the lid to wake it up from sleep mode.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/nippleSucker22, Mar 10, 2020.

1. Laptop takes a long time to turn on screen after waking up from sleep mode

As the title states, I have a Lenovo Legion Y520 that takes 5-6 seconds to turn on the screen after I open the lid to wake it up from sleep mode. Usually I just put up with it, but it took an exceptionally long 15 seconds today. I thought this was typical Windows behavior until I saw my sister open her sleeping XPS 15's lid and the screen turned on in, like, a second.

I'm running Windows 10 1909.

Here are some of the specs, if it helps:

• Core i7 7700HQ

• 16 GB RAM

• GTX 1050 Ti

• C: drive is a Samsung 256 GB PCIe NVMe SSD.

I might be wrong, but I think the issue is display-related. I say this because, if I turn on the keyboard backlight and close the lid, it'll turn on immediately when I open the lid.

submitted by /u/nippleSucker22
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/nippleSucker22, Mar 10, 2020
  2. Chadi Win User

ASUS Laptop Won't Wake from Sleep Mode

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363
    System Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
    System Model UX490UAR
    System Type x64-based PC
    SMBIOS Version 3.0

Problem: about 80% of the time, my laptop won't wake up from sleep mode via keyboard press or mouse move/click. I seem to be missing many common features in power plan too, even after fresh Windows 10 install.

Troubleshooting Steps:

1. Reinstalled Windows 10 (clean)
    2. Updated all drivers
    3. Replicated on multiple Windows 10 versions, updates
    4. BIOS latest version
    5. No USB devices attached, ever. Only USB-C power and bluetooth mouse
    6. Disabled "fast startup" in control panel

Laptop takes a long time to turn on screen after waking up from sleep mode [​IMG]

Laptop takes a long time to turn on screen after waking up from sleep mode [​IMG]

Chadi, Mar 10, 2020
  3. Waking from sleep mode

Hi Kenneth,

For us to narrow down your concern with waking up your computer from sleep mode, we would like to know the following:

• Aside from Windows Update. were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Is this the first time you experienced the issue?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Send us a screenshot of your screen when you wake up your computer from sleep mode.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Mar 10, 2020
  4. Laptop takes a long time to turn on screen after waking up from sleep mode

Windows 10 Upgrade 1903 64 bit Sleep Wakes Up on Multiple Computers

Someone suggested I look at all the drivers list before and after the upgrade. I did, nothing found/changed in drivers.

What I did discover was that after the KB4503327 upgrade, if I put the computer to sleep mode (via power menu,) I discovered the computer wakes up after the minutes set in the "turn off screen".
    So, if the screen shutoff were five minutes and I put the computer to sleep, it would wake up after that amount of time, then turn the screens off after another time period of five minutes.

At this point, I have set the screen turn-off to "never" and any other sleep mode to "never".
    Then, when I put the computer to sleep, it stays asleep.

This issue was never seen until this OS upgrade was installed in the system.

My next step is to upgrade the video adapter (something from 2007) to a new and different model adapter to see if that corrects this issue, or not. For now, my work-around is to set "never" in "sleep mode".

catholicfocus, Mar 10, 2020
Thema:

Laptop takes a long time to turn on screen after waking up from sleep mode

1. Laptop takes a long time to turn on screen after waking up from sleep mode - Similar Threads - Laptop takes long

2. windows10, it takes a lot of time to wake up from sleep after a long boot time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows10, it takes a lot of time to wake up from sleep after a long boot time: here is the power-trobleshooter- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Power-Troubleshooter" Guid="{cdc05e28-c449-49c6-b9d2-88cf761644df}" /> <EventID>1</EventID> <Version>3</Version>...
  3. windows10, it takes a lot of time to wake up from sleep after a long boot time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows10, it takes a lot of time to wake up from sleep after a long boot time: here is the power-trobleshooter- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Power-Troubleshooter" Guid="{cdc05e28-c449-49c6-b9d2-88cf761644df}" /> <EventID>1</EventID> <Version>3</Version>...
  4. windows10, it takes a lot of time to wake up from sleep after a long boot time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. BSOD after waking from sleep or waking the screen after long periods of time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD after waking from sleep or waking the screen after long periods of time: So as the title says whenever my laptop is in sleep or is on for long periods of time and the screen switches off, and i wake the laptop up it shows a BSOD. The error is DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and the stopcode is amdkmpfd.sys I had recently installed the adrenaline...
  6. BSOD after waking from sleep or waking the screen after long periods of time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD after waking from sleep or waking the screen after long periods of time: So as the title says whenever my laptop is in sleep or is on for long periods of time and the screen switches off, and i wake the laptop up it shows a BSOD. The error is DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and the stopcode is amdkmpfd.sys I had recently installed the adrenaline...
  7. BSOD after waking from sleep or waking the screen after long periods of time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Computer takes a long time to wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer takes a long time to wake from sleep: It seems to take ~20 seconds for my computer to get to the Windows 10 login screen from sleep. I first click on the keyboard and it lights up immediately. I can hear the CPU fan kick on immediately also. Then I have to wait another 15-20 seconds before the monitor displays...
  9. Computer takes time to wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer takes time to wake up from sleep: I have a toshiba portege r835 which is a pretty old laptop but it has a reliable intel core i5 2nd gen processor. there is a power light near the trackpad which blinks yellow when the pc is asleep and turns green the moment i lift the lid. it's pretty fast and reponsive. but...
  10. Lenovo laptop takes a while to turn on the screen after waking up from sleep.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lenovo laptop takes a while to turn on the screen after waking up from sleep.: As the title says, I have a Lenovo Legion Y520 that takes 5-6 seconds to turn on the screen after I open the lid to wake it up from sleep mode. I thought this was typical Windows behavior until I saw my sister open her sleeping XPS 15's lid and the screen turned on in, like,...