Windows 10: laptop tapped or monitored without my consent

Discus and support laptop tapped or monitored without my consent in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I would like to know how can I find whether my personal laptop has been hacked and monitored or possibly copied files from whilst working in the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MisailaBogdan, Feb 26, 2021.

1. laptop tapped or monitored without my consent

Hi,

I would like to know how can I find whether my personal laptop has been hacked and monitored or possibly copied files from whilst working in the office. I work as a contractor and use my own laptop when working. How can I find if the laptop had been cloned using the VMware Converter tool? Are there any logs I could check or any tools I could use?

Thank you,

Bogdan

:)

MisailaBogdan, Feb 26, 2021
  2. SamuelLV Win User

'Generic PnP monitor' issue

Hello Angelica,

I would suggest you follow steps to update the monitor driver:

Press Windows + X keys

Choose Device manager

Click on Monitors

Right click on ‘Generic PnP monitor’ and click on update driver

Tap on Browse my computer for driver software

Tap on Let me pick from a list of available drivers

Choose ‘Generic PnP monitor’ and tap on Next

When you are done please restart the computer.

SamuelLV, Feb 26, 2021
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Feb 26, 2021
  4. n-ster Win User

laptop tapped or monitored without my consent

n-ster, Feb 26, 2021
Thema:

laptop tapped or monitored without my consent

1. laptop tapped or monitored without my consent - Similar Threads - laptop tapped monitored

2. Microsoft hijacked my laptop and installed Windows 11 without my consent

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft hijacked my laptop and installed Windows 11 without my consent: Windows 11 was installed without my permission yesterday when I tried to switch back to Windows 10 the button was greyed out and said theat windows 11 was installed more than 10 days ago. How do I get windows 10 back?...
  3. Microsoft hijacked my laptop and installed Windows 11 without my consent

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft hijacked my laptop and installed Windows 11 without my consent: Windows 11 was installed without my permission yesterday when I tried to switch back to Windows 10 the button was greyed out and said theat windows 11 was installed more than 10 days ago. How do I get windows 10 back?...
  4. TAPPING OF LAPTOP

TAPPING OF LAPTOP: how to know whether my laptop is being tapped https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tapping-of-laptop/69cf2195-8fa2-4fa8-a118-cb54dcd6ee4d
  5. TAPPING OF LAPTOP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TAPPING OF LAPTOP: how to know whether my laptop is being tapped https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tapping-of-laptop/69cf2195-8fa2-4fa8-a118-cb54dcd6ee4d
  6. Profile photo changed without consent

Profile photo changed without consent: I have never set a profile photo on Windows or on my Microsoft account, but this morning when I logged in to my computer I found that, without my consent, the system was using the profile photo from my website, and that this was also appearing as my profile photo in my...
  7. Onedrive saving data without consent

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive saving data without consent: Hi,How can I stop Onedrive from saving my files without my consent?I have tried my best to remove Onedrive access to my windows account but do use it for a separate Student account for college work. The separate onedrive account works and successfully saves my college work...
  8. Onedrive saving data without consent

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive saving data without consent: Hi,How can I stop Onedrive from saving my files without my consent?I have tried my best to remove Onedrive access to my windows account but do use it for a separate Student account for college work. The separate onedrive account works and successfully saves my college work...
  9. Windows Update Rebooted my machine without my consent ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update Rebooted my machine without my consent ?: I've been using Hibernate and S3 sleep for a while and it's been working perfectly..Today when going home from work, i noticed that Windows wanted to install updates when i clicked the "shutdown" button to Hibernate. I ignored the updates because i didn't want to reboot /...
  10. Without my consent.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Without my consent.: I scheduled the latest Windows Update for sometime next week. I woke up this morning with my computer in the middle of the update. I had to access some files for work but couldn't. Windows Update acted without my consent. I took the time to verify twice that the scheduled...