Windows 10: Laptop thinks wireless printer is offline unless I toggle airplane mode off/on

Discus and support Laptop thinks wireless printer is offline unless I toggle airplane mode off/on in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Has anyone else seen this problem, and does anyone know how do resolve it without this hack? I have a Brother wireless printer that I don't use often,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Hoog1neer, Dec 15, 2020.

1. Laptop thinks wireless printer is offline unless I toggle airplane mode off/on

Has anyone else seen this problem, and does anyone know how do resolve it without this hack? I have a Brother wireless printer that I don't use often, and anytime I send a doc to the print queue, it just sits there, thinking the printer is offline (when really just sleeping in low-power mode) until I cycle wifi on the laptop. Then it can see the printer is online, along with various other network devices. I imagine it's an issue with the network configuration, but maybe it's a Windows 10 thing. TIA.

submitted by /u/Hoog1neer
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Hoog1neer, Dec 15, 2020

2. WINDOWS 10 AIRPLANE MODE AUTOMATICALLY TURNS

Hello,

Sorry for the delay in response.

Let us try the following steps, and check if it helps.

Step 1:

You can turn off aero plane mode from setting and check if it helps:

1. Go to settings.

2. Click on network.

3. Select flight mode and toggle to disable it.

4. After you tap or click the toggle to turn Airplane mode on or off, it can take your PC a few seconds to turn each wireless device on or off.

Step 2:

Try to Turn off Airplane Mode in Action Center and check the status.

1. Press Windows keys +A to open action center.

2. Click tap on airplane mode quick action button to toggle it on or off.

Step 3:

Try to turn off Airplane Mode in Network Notification Area Icon and check if that helps.

1. Click on network icon on the task bar.

2. Click/tap on aero plane icon to toggle it on or off.

Step 4:

If issue still persists, I suggest you to update the Wireless network drivers once again and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X key together and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate the Network adapter and expand the driver icon.

• Look for Wireless driver and then right click and click on Update driver.

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Dec 15, 2020
  3. Anna Bol Win User
    My laptop keeps going into airplane mode.

Hello Cindi,

This may occur if there are some programs or services that triggers the Windows 10 airplane mode to be enabled. To isolate the issue, we’d like to know these details:

• Have you made any changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Have you installed the latest Windows updates?
    • Is the wireless toggle on your laptop on?

To help resolve the issue, we suggest that you refer to the answer of
    Aileen Alf on this
    thread
    and check if it helps.

Feel free to post back should you need further assistance.

Anna Bol, Dec 15, 2020
  4. Laptop thinks wireless printer is offline unless I toggle airplane mode off/on

Wireless Printer now offline.

Acquired recently within last two months and had previously established a wireless set up connection between my laptop (win 10) and a HP printer, whilst with my parents over Christmas the PC had a windows update (long one) when compared to earlier window
    version updates, using their router (i.e. without access to my wireless printer). On returning home the established connection is lost and the laptop shows the printer as offline. Printer trouble shooter suggests printer off but is on, none of the office style
    programs give the print option to select the wireless printer. Wireless communications still shows the printer and its IP and the printer itself will work when accessing the HP web page and also responds by sending ink levels back to the Laptop.

Should I start to uninstall and in which order or is there a solution within the Laptop / Windows 10.

If can have some help, but I will need step by step instructions as I'm very unsure of my ablitities.

Thank you Claire

Claire_L0508, Dec 15, 2020
Thema:

Laptop thinks wireless printer is offline unless I toggle airplane mode off/on

1. Laptop thinks wireless printer is offline unless I toggle airplane mode off/on - Similar Threads - Laptop thinks wireless

2. Lenovo Thinkpad laptop stuck on airplane mode, yet flight mode won't toggle off, help!?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lenovo Thinkpad laptop stuck on airplane mode, yet flight mode won't toggle off, help!?: For the last couple days I've researched and tried a bunch of methods in fixing this issue.Like updates, changing settings, among other things...Afraid my laptop may be compromised to hackers due to me fiddling around with fire wall settings, as I tried to get some silly game...
  3. Lenovo Thinkpad laptop stuck on airplane mode, yet flight mode won't toggle off, help!?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lenovo Thinkpad laptop stuck on airplane mode, yet flight mode won't toggle off, help!?: For the last couple days I've researched and tried a bunch of methods in fixing this issue.Like updates, changing settings, among other things...Afraid my laptop may be compromised to hackers due to me fiddling around with fire wall settings, as I tried to get some silly game...
  4. Lenovo Thinkpad laptop stuck on airplane mode, yet flight mode won't toggle off, help!?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Airplane mode toggles itself

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Airplane mode toggles itself: Hi, I just installed Win 10 on an old Laptop and the airplane mode toggles itself the whole time. No keys are stuck https://youtu.be/-PGREmmqY2Y submitted by /u/xander1401 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/htzdym/airplane_mode_toggles_itself/
  6. Windows 10 - Airplane mode toggling on and off in infinite loop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 - Airplane mode toggling on and off in infinite loop: In my PC, the airplane mode is toggling on and off in infinite loop. I re-installed the WiFi driver, but the issue still persists. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-airplane-mode-toggling-on-and-off-in/f1765bda-de61-4552-9da5-87c0080e9333
  7. Turning off Airplane Mode

Turning off Airplane Mode: How do I turn off airplane mode on my computer, when the wifi/airplane mode icon on the taskbar does not work? (I have clicked on the wifi icon, then on "airplane mode", but nothing changes and cannot turn the mode off)....
  8. Airplane Mode will not toggle off in Network & Internet settings

Airplane Mode will not toggle off in Network & Internet settings: Hello, For some reason the Airplane mode setting can not be turned off in Network and Internet Settings, Network setting from taskbar, or Action center from taskbar. I am using my desktop and will never have it on an airplane. However, the computer does have a wifi adapter...
  9. Win10 Pro Desktop PC Stuck in Airplane Mode. No Airplane Mode Toggle?

Win10 Pro Desktop PC Stuck in Airplane Mode. No Airplane Mode Toggle?: As the title suddenly I cannot connect and have the airplane mode on. I have no wireless installed on the machine. Clicking it in the tray does nothing. Its seems to be grayed or shaded. I have no toggle for it in network settings. I have to restart to get online but it...
  10. Wifi can't be turned off, unless by airplane mode

Wifi can't be turned off, unless by airplane mode: I recently bought an ASUS a456ur, and had windows 10 anniversary update installed into it. I had this problem: i can't turn off the wifi unless i turn on the airplane mode, and make all the connection turned off, including bluetooth, which i needed to connect to a bluetooth...