Windows 10: Laptop touch pad clicks won't work for a while after last key stroke.

Discus and support Laptop touch pad clicks won't work for a while after last key stroke. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Fujitsu Lifebook A555 laptop with Windows 10 installed on it. The touchpad driver which is installed on my laptop is Alps Touchpad Driver. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jyotirmay Kumar Jha, Jul 19, 2019.

1. Laptop touch pad clicks won't work for a while after last key stroke.

I have a Fujitsu Lifebook A555 laptop with Windows 10 installed on it. The touchpad driver which is installed on my laptop is Alps Touchpad Driver.

I have been facing this issue for quite a long time that the touchpad clicks won't work for about 3 seconds after the last keystroke. This is annoying while playing a shooting game. Even the timeout after the last keystroke is disabled.

Please provide me a solution to the problem for which I shall always be grateful to you.

Thanks,

Jyotirmay Kumar Jha.

:)

Jyotirmay Kumar Jha, Jul 19, 2019
  2. Pawan1709 Win User

touch pad

Hi Gary,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

The touch pad can be disabled by you on the Control Panel of your computer.

Refer the steps below to disable the touchpad on your computer.

• Right click on Start, and then click
      Control Panel.

• Click Hardware and Sound.

• Click Keyboard.

• In the Mouse Properties
      window:

• Click the Device Select tab to disable the touch pad.

• Click the Touch Pad tab to adjust touch pad settings.

• Click OK to save the settings and restart the system and check.

Try updating the Touchpad drivers from the
    manufacturer's website
    and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the drivers:

a. Press Windows key + X key and click
    Device Manager.

b. Expand the Touchpad tab.

c. Right-click and click on Update driver software.

d. Restart the computer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan1709, Jul 19, 2019
  3. issues with touch pad gestures with a touchscreen laptop

Thanks for the response.

I have tried the steps you suggested. It showed no issues, except to restart my PC. At the point when I performed these steps, I didn't have the issue that I reported - namely, not being able to use touch-pad gestures. Maybe I should try this when the touch-pad
    gestures stop working.

RakeshS_87, Jul 19, 2019
  4. Laptop touch pad clicks won't work for a while after last key stroke.

Touch Pad Not working

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

From what you have mentioned, I would suggest you to try these steps to see if it resolves the issue

Method 1: Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your touch pad.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter

Method 2: Compatibility mode

I would suggest you to install the latest available drivers on manufacturer's website in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps below on how to install driver in compatibility mode:

1. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Rajeshwari_Patil, Jul 19, 2019
Thema:

Laptop touch pad clicks won't work for a while after last key stroke.

1. Laptop touch pad clicks won't work for a while after last key stroke. - Similar Threads - Laptop touch pad

2. touch pad scroll key not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    touch pad scroll key not working: my touch pad left right crolling not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-pad-scroll-key-not-working/64b4dd80-f405-44cc-b5cd-90d68f24ba91
  3. touch pad scroll key not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    touch pad scroll key not working: my touch pad left right crolling not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-pad-scroll-key-not-working/64b4dd80-f405-44cc-b5cd-90d68f24ba91
  4. touch pad scroll key not working

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Touch pad left click not working.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Touch pad left click not working.: When I try to play FPS games Im using wasd and left click to shoot but while i've been using wasd my left click wont work. When I don't use my keyboard my left click works. PLEASE HELP! Computer Model- HP Spectre x2 detachable 12 -c0XX...
  6. Touch-pad not working after update!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touch-pad not working after update!: My touch-pad stooped working all of a sudden. The hotkeys doesn't turn it back on and the device is also not shown in the device manager! Please tell me a way to fix it. All usb devices work though!...
  7. Touch Pad clicking NOT working

Touch Pad clicking NOT working: Hi, suddenly windows 10 on my ThinkPad X1 yoga Tiuch Pad both right and left clicking are not working !!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-pad-clicking-not-working/38d1ca0d-1a25-4b9b-9f26-e07549507f56
  8. touch pad not working

touch pad not working: I've recently updated to the newest windows update for widows 10 and my touch pad had gotten finicky after the update before the latest but now it does not work at all I've surfed the web on the issue and tried reinstalling the driver but it still does not work I need help...
  9. laptop keyboard and touch pad is not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    laptop keyboard and touch pad is not working: After reinstalling windows 10,my laptop's keyboard and touch pad doesn't works after 2 or 3 days. But actually turns off by itself. We have done everything but all insane.Please help me!...
  10. Touch pad Not working after Update-

Touch pad Not working after Update-: My touch pad stopped working after the last Windows 10 Update. I have a Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro. I tried updating/installing drivers. The mouse/touchpad doesn't show up under Device Manager, even when set to "Show hidden devices." I ran antivirus (malwarebytes and AVG) and...