Windows 10: Laptop touchpad can no longer see pointer

Discus and support Laptop touchpad can no longer see pointer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; All of a sudden the pointer has disappeared on my Asus Laptop. It has happened before and I was able to reset it in the settings. That is not working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by StanColbert, Jul 23, 2019.

1. Laptop touchpad can no longer see pointer

All of a sudden the pointer has disappeared on my Asus Laptop. It has happened before and I was able to reset it in the settings. That is not working this time. Does anyone have a solution in order to restore the pointer visibility back to the screen? I am thankful I have a touchscreen as a temporary workaround at the moment. I appreciate your advice.

:)

StanColbert, Jul 23, 2019

2. Touchpad no longer moves the mouse pointer.

Touchpad no longer moves the mouse pointer.

BillyWiley, Jul 23, 2019
  3. nxavis9 Win User
    I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Jul 23, 2019
  4. Laptop touchpad can no longer see pointer

Still cannot disable touchpad after previous suggestions on Windows 10.

Thank you for replying I appreciate your help...

First your questions:

The only performance issue I have had with the touchpad is that after the upgrade to Windows 10 I no longer have any controls for the touchpad at all.

I have tried all of the suggestions others noted and none has worked unfortunately...

I followed the steps you listed...however I do not have a "Device settings" tab on the Mouse Properties screen- only Buttons, Pointers,, Pointer Options, Wheel, and Hardware. All of them refer to the mouse...nowhere on any of them is there a reference to
    the touchpad.

Thanks so much for your help.

LeeBedient, Jul 23, 2019
Thema:

Laptop touchpad can no longer see pointer

1. Laptop touchpad can no longer see pointer - Similar Threads - Laptop touchpad longer

2. Can no longer see wireless networks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can no longer see wireless networks: I have a rather old hp desktop running Windows 10. The ethernet-cable-connection to the internet stopped working quite a while ago, but I was able to use a ASUS - Dual-Band AC1200 USB Network Adapter and that was working just fine. I just moved houses and I'm trying to re-set...
  3. Can no longer see wireless networks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can no longer see wireless networks: I have a rather old hp desktop running Windows 10. The ethernet-cable-connection to the internet stopped working quite a while ago, but I was able to use a ASUS - Dual-Band AC1200 USB Network Adapter and that was working just fine. I just moved houses and I'm trying to re-set...
  4. Can no longer see wireless networks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. touchpad and pointer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    touchpad and pointer: How can I get touchpad and pointer to work? Everything else appears ok, but touchpad and pointer are not functioning. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-and-pointer/ad9a51b2-28fe-47ee-8981-4f8a69cfd88c
  6. Asus laptop touchpad cursor / mouse pointer jumps - SOLUTION!

Asus laptop touchpad cursor / mouse pointer jumps - SOLUTION!: There are many, many threads about this issue, all of which give the wrong answers. The problem is that on Asus x401u and probably many other similar makes and models, the touchpad works properly when the laptop is running on battery power alone, but jumps wildly when plugged...
  7. touchpad pointer is frozen

touchpad pointer is frozen: touchpad pointer is frozen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-pointer-is-frozen/1066a466-3346-4680-864d-f750a0602cce
  8. Cursor/Pointer using Touchpad

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cursor/Pointer using Touchpad: I have a Surface 3 and cursor will not stop moving around eg. while typing this or when I'm typing an email almost impossible to go back and make corrections. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cursorpointer-using-touchpad/57939047-eeed-419e-80a9-62e5f71a5487
  9. Can no longer see clock

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can no longer see clock: My lower right clock display (taskbar?) is now 'dimmed', and can't be read without placing mouse pointer over it, or double-clicking it. Why is that?...
  10. Can No longer see my wireless

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can No longer see my wireless: Hellow guys, Am new here please bear with me...... I have just upgraded from windows 8 to windows 10 Home. Since then my Wireless network is not showing up. I have several networks, others are shown just fine...Only one network is missing. I have co-workers with...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i cant see mouse pointer asus laptop