Windows 10: Laptop touchpad, keyboard,media playing,sleeping problems

Discus and support Laptop touchpad, keyboard,media playing,sleeping problems in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm facing these unique problems for over 3 months. These all are happening at the same time. 1. When I play any audio or video with any media player... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/sp631996, Sep 21, 2020.

1. Laptop touchpad, keyboard,media playing,sleeping problems

I'm facing these unique problems for over 3 months. These all are happening at the same time.
    1. When I play any audio or video with any media player other than wmp ( movies & tv, vlc, mpc-hc, resonic, foobar, winamp etc) the media is replayed on its own. Eg. I play a 24 min episode and the video is replayed on its own without playing for even 2 seconds. I screen-recorded this.
    Link
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IHV8S-BaiKpjEnIY_dcy6pabLq0SviMt/view?usp=drivesdk

1. Touchpad completely freezing for 5/10 seconds.
      1. Keyboard partially freezing. Eg. If I scroll any page (browser, pdf, word etc) with keyboard, holding the navigation buttons doesn't scroll the pages, I keep pressing the up/down arrow and then the page scrolls.
      2. Laptop not sleeping. It wakes up on its own within 1 minute of sleeping.

Laptop - Lenovo IdeaPad 330-15IKB 81DC
    OS - Windows 10 pro
    Version - 2004, build - 19041.508
    Processor - i3 7th gen
    RAM - 12 GB

I updated all drivers (not just touchpad, mouse and keyboard) and reset pc 2 times. Still it persists.
    I used Malwarebytes free version and now using Kaspersky total security paid version. Neither of them detected any malware/virus.

submitted by /u/sp631996
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/sp631996, Sep 21, 2020
  2. Ticked Win User

laptop keyboard and touchpad not working

Problem: computer starts up normally and goes to the password log-in screen, but nothing happens when I try to enter the password. The computer doesn't appear to see any keystrokes.
    Solutions tried:

1. rebooted
    2. removed and replaced main battery
    3. attached USB keyboard
    4. hit Enter key on startup: successful in opening the Advance Options menu, but am unable to take any of the actions because all require that I enter the laptop password
    5. looked for an onscreen keyboard, but there isn't one because this isn't a touch screen computer
    Why I think this is a Windows issue:

1. the computer recognizes when I hit the Enter key on startup
    2. the USB keyboard doesn’t work
    3. the keyboard touchpad doesn’t work, but the attached USB mouse DOES work

Ticked, Sep 21, 2020
  3. TouchPad problem

see attached screenshot of the keys after I re ran the scan

so i assume next steps are to have that program open that you suggested whilst using the laptop and then when the touchpad gets disabled to check if the keys have changed?

bartjunited, Sep 21, 2020
  4. Bastet Win User

Laptop touchpad, keyboard,media playing,sleeping problems

Synaptics touchpad sleep problem.

Tbh I don't see Synaptics in the list.

I've tried another clean install but I am worried about this as I cannot tell whether it has installed correctly or not:

Laptop touchpad, keyboard,media playing,sleeping problems [​IMG]

If not then I'll recover from my image.

I've heard there's a problem with touchpads not working after startup but not after sleep with 2004.

Bastet, Sep 21, 2020
Thema:

Laptop touchpad, keyboard,media playing,sleeping problems

1. Laptop touchpad, keyboard,media playing,sleeping problems - Similar Threads - Laptop touchpad keyboard

2. Touchpad and laptop keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad and laptop keyboard not working: Hi, I use my laptop all the time at uni for studying. Today I noticed the touchpad and keyboard no longer work when I use them, but my wireless keyboard and mouse works. It was last working on Friday 2/9.I check for all updates including optional on my computer and installed...
  3. Touchpad and laptop keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad and laptop keyboard not working: Hi, I use my laptop all the time at uni for studying. Today I noticed the touchpad and keyboard no longer work when I use them, but my wireless keyboard and mouse works. It was last working on Friday 2/9.I check for all updates including optional on my computer and installed...
  4. Laptop keyboard and touchpad issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop keyboard and touchpad issue: I was trying to install windows 11 on an unsupported device through iso file, and the installation got stuck at 69%, so I cancelled the installation but it stayed stuck on the cancelling screen, so after lots of waiting I decided to shut down the laptop and start it again,...
  5. Laptop keyboard and touchpad issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop keyboard and touchpad issue: I was trying to install windows 11 on an unsupported device through iso file, and the installation got stuck at 69%, so I cancelled the installation but it stayed stuck on the cancelling screen, so after lots of waiting I decided to shut down the laptop and start it again,...
  6. Laptop TouchPad Problem

Laptop TouchPad Problem: My notebook's touchpad isn't working. And at a time doing some research I realized that the problem is a folder that is missing called "Synaptics". It is located in the Regedit: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Synaptics This folder just disappeared from my notebook after an...
  7. Synaptics touchpad sleep problem.

Synaptics touchpad sleep problem.: A bug I seem to be having with 2004 is after sleep I cannot use the touchpad to wake the laptop. I have a mouse connected but even if I disconnect this it still doesnt work. Ive rolled back the driver to the previous (working) one, clean installed the driver & disconnected...
  8. REGARDING LAPTOP TOUCHPAD=KEYBOARD

REGARDING LAPTOP TOUCHPAD=KEYBOARD: HELLO, AS I UPDATED MY WIN10[1803] MY TOUCHPAD+KEYBOARD STOPPED FUNTIONING, EVEN AFTER UPDATING THE DRIVERS MANUALLY AND AUTOMATICALLY FROM THE INTERNET PROBLEM REMAINS THE SAME. CAN GENEIUS MICROSOFT HELP ME....
  9. ASUS touchpad and keyboard problems

ASUS touchpad and keyboard problems: Hello, I have an ASUS laptop that I haven't been using for a while. When using it, I noticed that the keyboard, when typing, was skipping letters, at random. I actually discovered this problem cause I had trouble logging in, and then realised that the password I typed in...
  10. laptop keyboard and touchpad not working

laptop keyboard and touchpad not working: Problem: computer starts up normally and goes to the password log-in screen, but nothing happens when I try to enter the password. The computer doesn't appear to see any keystrokes. Solutions tried: rebooted removed and replaced main battery attached USB keyboard hit...