Windows 10: Laptop touchpad not working after win 10 update

Discus and support Laptop touchpad not working after win 10 update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Sony Vaio model SVP13218PGS After a recent (1 -2 weeks ago) win 10 update the touchpad on my Sony laptop no longer functions. I have been through... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MarkN888, Nov 21, 2019.

1. MarkN888 Win User

Laptop touchpad not working after win 10 update

Sony Vaio model SVP13218PGS

After a recent (1 -2 weeks ago) win 10 update the touchpad on my Sony laptop no longer functions.

I have been through all the usual checks and had a long conversation with a Sony technician but we could not resolve the issue.

In device manager the "Synaptics SMBus Clickpad" has the dreaded yellow triangle with asterisk. After uninstalling and rebooting it comes back just the same.

I am using a usb mouse which works fine.

There are no Sony drivers and I have the latest version of Sony Vaio installed.

Does anyone have any ideas how to fix?

:)

MarkN888, Nov 21, 2019
  2. nxavis9 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Nov 21, 2019
  3. Josie23 Win User
    I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

These 7 steps allowed me to disable my touchpad (Dell laptop, Windows 10):

1. Win Start button
    2. Type in "device manager"
    3. Select Device Manager to open it
    4. Click down arrow to left of "Mice and other..." to expand
    5. Right click Dell Touchpad
    6. Disable device
    7. Yes

Laptop touchpad not working after win 10 update [​IMG]

Josie23, Nov 21, 2019
  4. Laptop touchpad not working after win 10 update

Touchpad gestures NOT working

Hi Abuzar,

Your touchpad drivers might be outdated or corrupted. I would suggest that you update the touchpad driver. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key and X together and select
      Device Manager.
    • Locate the touchpad driver.
    • Right-click on the touchpad driver icon and click Update Driver software.
    • Click on Search automatically for Updated driver software option.

If the driver for Windows 10 is not available, download and reinstall the latest touchpad drivers from the manufacturer website.

Keep us updated.

Aileen Alf, Nov 21, 2019
Thema:

Laptop touchpad not working after win 10 update

1. Laptop touchpad not working after win 10 update - Similar Threads - Laptop touchpad working

2. Touchpad isnt working after win 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad isnt working after win 11 update: I have a Lenovo IdeaPad C340. Recently, I installed the latest Windows 11 updates, and after that, my touchpad stopped working. I tried to download the driver from the Lenovo official website, but it is not working. In the Device Manager, there is a problem with the keyboard...
  3. Touchpad isnt working after win 11 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad isnt working after win 11 update: I have a Lenovo IdeaPad C340. Recently, I installed the latest Windows 11 updates, and after that, my touchpad stopped working. I tried to download the driver from the Lenovo official website, but it is not working. In the Device Manager, there is a problem with the keyboard...
  4. After Windows 10 instalation on laptop T100TA touchpad not working. Indicate touchpad...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After Windows 10 instalation on laptop T100TA touchpad not working. Indicate touchpad...: After Windows 10 instalation on laptop T100TA touchpad not working. Indicate touchpad driver error. How I may touchpad enable or back to original Windows 8.1?...
  5. After Windows 10 instalation on laptop T100TA touchpad not working. Indicate touchpad...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After Windows 10 instalation on laptop T100TA touchpad not working. Indicate touchpad...: After Windows 10 instalation on laptop T100TA touchpad not working. Indicate touchpad driver error. How I may touchpad enable or back to original Windows 8.1?...
  6. After Windows 10 instalation on laptop T100TA touchpad not working. Indicate touchpad...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. My touchpad is not working after Win update

My touchpad is not working after Win update: Yesterday I have updated my windows from 1803 to 21h2 where this problem started , i was unable to use my touchpad and it shows no movement Actually my touchpad was not even working when one fine day on march 2021 accidently some milk fell into my touchpad then suddenly the...
  8. Touchpad not working after updating Windows Laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Touchpad not working after updating Windows Laptop: How do I resolve this issue? The touchpad does not show up under device manager. Not sure how to fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-not-working-after-updating-windows-laptop/4b4e069f-48c2-4692-8825-3ea0625887b9
  9. Touchpad scroll dead after Win 10 update?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Touchpad scroll dead after Win 10 update?: As prompted, I updated my Windows 10. Now touchpad scroll is dead, and Mice/touchpad do not appear in device manager list. ??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-scroll-dead-after-win-10-update/32534103-2599-4d35-8538-b7cc7ea06a46
  10. HP Touchpad Not Working After Win 10 1809 Update

HP Touchpad Not Working After Win 10 1809 Update: After installing the 1809 update for windows the touchpad on my hp laptop does not work. I've tried device manager but its does not show up but when I plug in a usb mouse a HID compliant mouse registers. It was working fine before the update, nothing else seems to be wrong...