Windows 10: Laptop touchpad not working since installing Windows 10

Discus and support Laptop touchpad not working since installing Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have an Advent Monza S200 laptop. I've recently upgraded to Windows 10. Before I upgraded my touch pad was working fine, but after the upgrade... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ObiDadKenobi, Jan 17, 2016.

1. Laptop touchpad not working since installing Windows 10

Hello, I have an Advent Monza S200 laptop. I've recently upgraded to Windows 10. Before I upgraded my touch pad was working fine, but after the upgrade my touch pad stopped working.
    Once my laptop is turned on, the cursor is not visable on the screen, the touch pad is unresponsive too. If I plug in an external mouse, the cursor re-appears and I can control my computer that way, although as soon as I un-connect my external mouse the cursor stays on the screen but I can't control it with the touch pad.
    I can un-install the touch pad drivers, then re-install them from the Advent webpage and the touch pad will work perfectly until I turn my laptop off, then when I switch my laptop back on, I'm back to square one again and can't do anything unless I plug in my external mouse.
    I've tried asking on the Advent forums but they don't seem to have had any traffic since early 2013.
    Any help would be great.
    Cheers
    Mark

:)

ObiDadKenobi, Jan 17, 2016
  2. J.L_5 Win User

Touchpad not working and sound problem on Asus Laptop

I'f installed Windows 10 on my Asus laptop. Since then my touchpad isn't working at all and my speaker is screwed. There was an update from asus for the touchpad but it still doesn't work. Any suggestions what I can do?

J.L_5, Jan 17, 2016
  3. the touchpad of laptop is not working after installing windows 10

the touchpad of my acer E1-572p laptop is not working after installing windows 10.when initially windows 10 installed on my pc,everyting was ok,and the touchpad of my laptop was working fine,but after 3 days,the touchpad is not working..how can I solve
    this issue?

usmanscientist, Jan 17, 2016
  4. TV2
    TV2 Win User

Laptop touchpad not working since installing Windows 10

Hello ObiDad. Welcome to the Forum

You don't say how old this laptop is or what operating system it came with, but that would be helpful to know.

The first thing I would try is to uninstall (remove) the touchpad from Device Manager. If the option is available remove the driver also. Then restart.
    The important thing is that you try and remove all instances of any old drivers that may interfere with the generic driver installation.
    Windows comes with a generic touchpad driver and that will be installed automatically and it may work right off, particularly if there is a driver conflict going on here.

If it works, then you could try and install the Advent driver. Only this time run the installer program (app) in Compatibility Mode. Use the compatibility mode for the operating system that the Advent driver is made for.
    Compatibility Mode Settings for Apps - Change in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

See if either or both of those things help.

Thema:

Laptop touchpad not working since installing Windows 10

1. Laptop touchpad not working since installing Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Laptop touchpad working

2. Laptop touchpad not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop touchpad not working: my laptop was laggingdue to being low-end in windows 11 so i installed the debloated windows 10 without activation and installed all drivers from the start but even after installing the synaptics touchpad drivers, its no use, the touchpad still isnt working. I tried every...
  3. After Windows 10 instalation on laptop T100TA touchpad not working. Indicate touchpad...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After Windows 10 instalation on laptop T100TA touchpad not working. Indicate touchpad...: After Windows 10 instalation on laptop T100TA touchpad not working. Indicate touchpad driver error. How I may touchpad enable or back to original Windows 8.1?...
  4. After Windows 10 instalation on laptop T100TA touchpad not working. Indicate touchpad...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After Windows 10 instalation on laptop T100TA touchpad not working. Indicate touchpad...: After Windows 10 instalation on laptop T100TA touchpad not working. Indicate touchpad driver error. How I may touchpad enable or back to original Windows 8.1?...
  5. After Windows 10 instalation on laptop T100TA touchpad not working. Indicate touchpad...

6. Laptop touchpad not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop touchpad not working: Hello Microsoft,I bought a new laptop, which came with Windows pro installed. It was in Chinese language, I tried to install English language packs, and i got error. I couldn't install Unglish Language packs. I did a lot of troubleshooting, and finally repaired Windows. When...
  7. Laptop touchpad not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop touchpad not working: Hello Microsoft,I bought a new laptop, which came with Windows pro installed. It was in Chinese language, I tried to install English language packs, and i got error. I couldn't install Unglish Language packs. I did a lot of troubleshooting, and finally repaired Windows. When...
  8. laptop touchpad not working

laptop touchpad not working: Hi I have a Dell Inspiron 3542 laptop pc. After the most recent Windows update my touchpad no longer works. I have turned it on then off then on again. I've uninstalled the device and reinstalled it. I've run windows and dell diagnostics. Dell determines that a new driver is...
  9. Problems with touchpad since installing win10 ~

Problems with touchpad since installing win10 ~: Heya Was looking for solution for my problem everywhere but couldn't find a solution for my problem. So i hope someone here could help me. So let me describe what is the problem. Touchpad on my laptop is acting up. It is working, it is turned on and enabled and its...
  10. Installed Windows 10 on Gateway Laptop now Touchpad won't work

Installed Windows 10 on Gateway Laptop now Touchpad won't work: I installed Windows 10 on my Daughters Gateway NV55C laptop and now the Elan touchpad won't work. I uninstalled the old driver and went to Gateways website and installed the new driver and it's still not working. The touchpad doesn't even show up when I click on the Elan tab...