Windows 10: Laptop Touchpad Problems: Windows 10 Lenovo Yoga 730

Discus and support Laptop Touchpad Problems: Windows 10 Lenovo Yoga 730 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, So I bought my Lenovo laptop (a Yoga 730) back around July/August of last year, and for the first few months everything was working beautifully.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by rtZephyr, Jan 26, 2019.

1. rtZephyr Win User

Laptop Touchpad Problems: Windows 10 Lenovo Yoga 730

Hi,

So I bought my Lenovo laptop (a Yoga 730) back around July/August of last year, and for the first few months everything was working beautifully. However, since the beginning of December, the touchpad on my Yoga began to stop working and get a little wonky. At first, the mouse touchpad would simply not move the cursor on the screen only when the laptop had been opened after being in sleep/standby mode. I would simply restart the machine, and the mouse cursor would begin to work normally again and register my use of the touchpad.

Over time, though, I would be using the laptop even after booting it up pressing the power button and the touchpad would not work. Pressing the F6 touchpad button after turning it off and on again would only sometimes be successful. Now, the touchpad has completely ceased to function and restarting, turning it off and on, or pressing F6 have all failed to fix the issue. I have had to use an external mouse for the past few weeks as a result of this.

I would also like to note that I have tried mostly every fix option suggested online, from going to mouse settings from the settings app and making sure the touchpad is enabled in properties, to going to device manager and outright uninstalling the mouse driver for the touchpad and then reinstalling it after restarting the laptop. Nothing has worked so far. I have also tried numerous times to update the touch pad mouse drivers, however every single time the laptop scans for new updates it tells me that the best software has already been installed for it. Looking at the touchpad physically, nothing has happened that would compromise its functionability; I have not dropped the laptop or spilled any liquids on it at all, much less the touchpad region of the laptop.

I am at a loss at this point for what the issue may be and would appreciate any insight from the community here.

If it helps, I have provided the basic information of my specific laptop:

Device ID: FAA28ADD-40CA-4EF7-8924-7FCB7BF18812

Product ID: 00325-95800-00000-AAOEM

RAM: 8GB

System Type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Processor: Intel (R) Core (TM) i5-8250U CPU @ 1.60 GHz 1.80 GHz

:)

rtZephyr, Jan 26, 2019
  2. Chino Win User

Lenovo Reveals the Yoga 730 and Yoga 530 2-in-1 Laptops with Alexa Support

At MWC this year, Lenovo announced two new additions to their Yoga line of laptops. The Yoga 730 comes in 13-inch and 15-inch models while the Yoga 530 is only available in the 14-inch flavor. They feature up to Intel's latest 8th Gen Intel Core i7 processor with the Yoga 730 having the option of coming with a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 discrete graphics card. Apart from conventional input methods, consumers can also interact with the Yoga 730 through voice since it comes with built-in Alexa support. The integrated far-field microphone allows Alexa and Cortana to listen and respond to the user with relative ease.

The Yoga 730 is equipped with a UHD IPS touchscreen display while the Yoga 530 is fitted with a FHD IPS touchscreen. Lenovo is also offering the optional Active Pen 2 with up to 4096 levels of sensitivity for those users who love to write, draw, or jot down notes on their laptops. The new Yoga laptops are thinner and lighter than ever too. The 15-inch Yoga 730 comes in at 1.89 kg and the 13-inch model at 1.12 kg. The 14-inch Yoga 530 weighs 1.6 kg. The 13-inch Yoga 730 with Lenovo Active Pen 2 included starts at €999 (VAT included) and the 15-inch model with Lenovo Active Pen 2 included starts at €1,099 (VAT included). The 14-inch Yoga 530 costs around €549 (VAT included). All three models should be available soon on www.lenovo.com and select retailers.

Laptop Touchpad Problems: Windows 10 Lenovo Yoga 730 l2KOmPWZAW0p9o7k_thm.jpg

Laptop Touchpad Problems: Windows 10 Lenovo Yoga 730 bOvyNKhVGPsC4uz3_thm.jpg

Laptop Touchpad Problems: Windows 10 Lenovo Yoga 730 Xox6PEJxH83eAnn9_thm.jpg

Lenovo Yoga 730 13-inch model specifications
    • 13.3 inch touchscreen display (1920 x 1080 IPS or 3840 x 2160 IPS)
    • Up to 8th-gen Intel Core i7
    • Intel HD graphics
    • 4GB/8GB/16GB RAM options
    • 128GB/256GB/512GB PCIe SSD options
    • Up to 11.5 hours battery life (FHD or 4K display)
    • 802.11ac WiFi
    • 2 Thunderbolt 3/USB-C ports
    • 1 USB 3.0 Type-A port
    • 3.5mm audio jack
    • 12.1" x 8.5" x 0.6"
    • 2.5 pounds
    Lenovo Yoga 730 15-inch model specifications
    • 15.6 inch touchscreen display (1920 x 1080 IPS or 3840 x 2160 IPS)
    • Optional NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 graphics
    • 8GB/16GB RAM options (8GB DDR4 + 8GB DIMM)
    • 256GB/512GB/1TB PCIe SSD options
    • Up to 9 hours of battery life (4K) or 11 hours of battery life (FHD)
    • 802.11ac WiFi
    • 1 Thunderbolt 3/USB Type-C port
    • 2 USB 3.0 Type-A ports
    • HDMI
    • 3.5mm audio jack
    • 14.2" x 9,8" x 0.7"
    • 4.2 pounds
    Lenovo Yoga 530 specifications
    • 14 inch display (1366 x 768 touchscreen or 1920 x 1080 IPS touchscreen)
    • Optional NVIDIA GeForce MX130 graphics
    • 4GB/8GB/16GB RAM options
    • 128GB/256GB/512GB PCIe SSD options
    • Up to 10 hours battery life
    • 802.11ac WiFi
    • 2 USB 3.0 Type-A ports
    • 1 USB 3.0 Type-C port
    • SD card reader
    • HDMI
    • 3.5mm audio
    • 12.9" x 9" x 0.7"
    • 3.5 pounds

Chino, Jan 26, 2019
  3. WJonesy Win User
    Lenovo 3 Yoga Touchpad and Windows 10

I had the same problem.

First open the OneKey optimizer app that comes preinstalled with most Lenovo laptops. Click the Trash Can icon and click "Clean" button. This will clean the Registry errors.

Next, go to the
    Lenovo Support Page
    and locate your laptop under the "Yoga Series"

• Under filters for components choose "Mouse and Keyboard"
    • Under filters for OS choose "Windows 10"
    • Select the Synaptics Touchpad Driver and download it to your desired location.
    • Run the program
    Having completed the above:

• Type "Device Manager" in the search bar on the start menu
    • Open it the app and locate the "Mice and other pointing devices"
    • click the '>' and you should see "Lenovo Pointing Device"
    • Right Click and choose 'Properties'
    • Click the driver tab and uninstall
    • don't panic because the touch pad stops working (or if you have an external mouse to compensate)
    • Control-Alt-Delete and use Tab on the keyboard and highlight the power icon to the bottom right hand of the screen and restart.
    • Touchpad should be in working order.

WJonesy, Jan 26, 2019
  4. RB222 Win User

Touchpad cursor disappears and is unresponsive. (Lenovo Yoga 720, Windows 10)

SOLUTION: for the Yoga 720 12ikb

Problem: after sleep, windows pointer from touchpad dissapears and will not reappear

in your apps should be "Lenovo Vantage" start it;

--System Update: click on "Download and Install Lenovo Updates for Your Device"

-- Check for updates

1st recommended update was the driver: Elan Touchpad IAP for Yoga 720 Win10[64] v1.0.0.3

installed, rebooted

Problem not solved, so started Lenovo Vantage again, .... this time a Bios Update was suggested.

--Install, reboot

Problem solved.,or at this early stage it appears so! ..... you mileage may vary

RB222, Jan 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Laptop Touchpad Problems: Windows 10 Lenovo Yoga 730 - Similar Threads - Laptop Touchpad Problems

2. Touch Screen doesn't Work on Lenovo Yoga 730 iwl

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Touch Screen doesn't Work on Lenovo Yoga 730 iwl: Hello, My touch screen don't work. I saw this about 2 days ago, when I tried to use it. Last time when I used it was about 1 week ago, and it worked perfect. In this period between the time when worked and time when not worked Windows was done 1 or 2 updates. Now, I made...
  3. Wireless adapter goes missing - Lenovo yoga 730

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wireless adapter goes missing - Lenovo yoga 730: Hi team, Since about four weeks, I have been having trouble with my Wifi adapter. The network adapter doesn't appear in the list. I have tried all solutions including "Power management", uninstall - reinstall of network adapter etc etc. There was an update from Windows...
  4. Rotation Lock disabled on Lenovo Yoga 730 using Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Rotation Lock disabled on Lenovo Yoga 730 using Windows 10: My Rotation Lock is permanently disabled on Lenovo Yoga 730 using Windows 10 and I am not able to change it. Is there some sort of setting or trick to enable this feature?...
  5. Lenovo 730 Yoga Touchpad Issues

Lenovo 730 Yoga Touchpad Issues: Hi! I recently purchased a Lenovo Yoga 730 second hand, with a broken touch screen. It was working fine until the touch pad or mouse would get dragged to the top right of the screen, where I would see little white dots with crosshairs on them Touchscreen dots? I unplugged...
  6. Touchpad Driver Missing? (Yoga 730-15IKB Laptop (ideapad))

Touchpad Driver Missing? (Yoga 730-15IKB Laptop (ideapad)): From what I can tell, the driver is just missing completely. I've been using a USB wireless mouse for a few months. All of the guides I've seen are mostly restricted to navigating through the Device Manager, but my touchpad driver isn't there... [ATTACH] (the two mice...
  7. wont update micraaft on windows 10 lenovo yoga 730

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wont update micraaft on windows 10 lenovo yoga 730: ive tried the going to your apps thingy and trying to look for an update but it wont pop up my game is stuck in 1.12 and wont update to 1.14...
  8. Cursor disappeared on my Lenovo Yoga 730

Cursor disappeared on my Lenovo Yoga 730: No matter what I do I can't keep my cursor from disappearing. I've even gone into 'control panel' clicked open cursors and pointers. Reset etc. and the issue doesn't resolve. Please HELP! I'm at my wits end. The only way I'm able to function is by continually having to...
  9. Problem with Kindle App Windows 10, Lenovo Yoga 730

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with Kindle App Windows 10, Lenovo Yoga 730: I saw a similar thread about this but it was unable to help me with my problem. I just tried downloading the kindle app for PC, and upon opening the application it brings up the login page, but every time I go to enter my email address it "resets" and deletes any text I try...
  10. Keyboard problem windows 10 lenovo Yoga laptop

Keyboard problem windows 10 lenovo Yoga laptop: The-spacebar-on-my-keyboard-does-not-work,-nor-does-the-backspace-work-return-does-not-work-also. As-you-can-imagine-this-is-very-frustrating. I-have-checked-sticky-keys-is-not-on-i-have-updated-drivers. Help please. The problem is the issue is intermittent as you can...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. touch doesnt work lenovo yoga 530

2. lenovo yoga 730 touchpad driver

3. lenovo laptop mouse pad problems

4. lenovo yoga 730 mouse pad not working,
  5. touchpad yoga stops working 730,
  6. lenovo yoga 530 touchpad driver,
  7. lenovo yoga 730 fingerprint problems,
  8. lenovo yoga 730 touchpad not working,
  9. lenovo yoga 730 laptop touchmouse not working,
  10. lenovo 730 keyboard disabled,
  11. lenovo yoga 730 not detecting mouse pad,