Windows 10: Laptop Touchpad

Discus and support Laptop Touchpad in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I've had this problem for about 2 years now... It all started when I got a virus on my laptop, I then hard rebooted my laptop but, subsequently,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RebekahLee, Sep 17, 2018.

1. Laptop Touchpad

So I've had this problem for about 2 years now...

It all started when I got a virus on my laptop, I then hard rebooted my laptop but, subsequently, lost all control of brightness and couldn't click using the touchpad but could still move the cursor. At this point, the brightness barely even bothers me but today all of a sudden my laptop touchpad clicking function came back and then left me again. After so long of not having a functioning touchpad, having one felt so amazing. I tried searching up fixes again on youtube, other forums, etc. and none of their solutions have worked for me. I've tried clicking Ctrl+F5, disabling then enabling my touchpad, and restarting and shut downing. I'm so desperate at this point and I really don't want to go back to using USB mouses all over again.

Any help will be appreciated or even other laptop suggestions.

BTW I have a Samsung ATIV Smart PC Pro notebook with Windows 10

:)

RebekahLee, Sep 17, 2018
  2. nxavis9 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Sep 17, 2018
  3. Josie23 Win User
    I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

These 7 steps allowed me to disable my touchpad (Dell laptop, Windows 10):

1. Win Start button
    2. Type in "device manager"
    3. Select Device Manager to open it
    4. Click down arrow to left of "Mice and other..." to expand
    5. Right click Dell Touchpad
    6. Disable device
    7. Yes

Laptop Touchpad [​IMG]

Laptop Touchpad [​IMG]

Laptop Touchpad [​IMG]

Josie23, Sep 17, 2018
  4. Laptop Touchpad

TouchPad problem

see attached screenshot of the keys after I re ran the scan

so i assume next steps are to have that program open that you suggested whilst using the laptop and then when the touchpad gets disabled to check if the keys have changed?

bartjunited, Sep 17, 2018
Thema:

Laptop Touchpad

1. Laptop Touchpad - Similar Threads - Laptop Touchpad

2. Very strange problems related to my touchpad on my laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Very strange problems related to my touchpad on my laptop.: So the problems that are occurring don't actually have anything to do with my touchpad despite my question title. Honestly I just had no idea how to describe my question otherwise. The reason I know this doesn't have to do with my touchpad is, I tried using a mouse and turned...
  3. Very strange problems related to my touchpad on my laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Very strange problems related to my touchpad on my laptop.: So the problems that are occurring don't actually have anything to do with my touchpad despite my question title. Honestly I just had no idea how to describe my question otherwise. The reason I know this doesn't have to do with my touchpad is, I tried using a mouse and turned...
  4. Good Day. My laptop's Acer touchpad is not working. I have tried the device manager, the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Good Day. My laptop's Acer touchpad is not working. I have tried the device manager, the...: Good Day. My laptop's Acer touchpad is not working. I have tried the device manager, the restarting and even the function keys but still it's not working. In addition, my laptop is Windows 11. Thank you....
  5. Good Day. My laptop's Acer touchpad is not working. I have tried the device manager, the...

Good Day. My laptop's Acer touchpad is not working. I have tried the device manager, the...: Good Day. My laptop's Acer touchpad is not working. I have tried the device manager, the restarting and even the function keys but still it's not working. In addition, my laptop is Windows 11. Thank you....
  6. Problem with Dell Laptop Latitude 7480 Touchpad Buttons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Dell Laptop Latitude 7480 Touchpad Buttons: My Dell laptop's touchpad buttons aren't working right. There are four buttons—two on top and two at the bottom. The top ones, for left and right clicks, are causing trouble. When I press them, the cursor takes a second to respond. And if I press them while holding Shift or...
  7. Problem with Dell Laptop Latitude 7480 Touchpad Buttons

Problem with Dell Laptop Latitude 7480 Touchpad Buttons: My Dell laptop's touchpad buttons aren't working right. There are four buttons—two on top and two at the bottom. The top ones, for left and right clicks, are causing trouble. When I press them, the cursor takes a second to respond. And if I press them while holding Shift or...
  8. Problem with Dell Laptop Latitude 7480 Touchpad Buttons

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. I just updated my laptop and my touchpad is bugging really bad.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I just updated my laptop and my touchpad is bugging really bad.: I just recently updated my laptop and right after I updated my touchpad started to bug really bad. Every time I use the touchpad my mouse just flies around the screen and just is uncontrollable. I have no idea how to fix this and would like some help.Thanks...
  10. I just updated my laptop and my touchpad is bugging really bad.

I just updated my laptop and my touchpad is bugging really bad.: I just recently updated my laptop and right after I updated my touchpad started to bug really bad. Every time I use the touchpad my mouse just flies around the screen and just is uncontrollable. I have no idea how to fix this and would like some help.Thanks...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. touchpad not working when plugged in