Windows 10: Laptop touchscreen ghost clicking

Discus and support Laptop touchscreen ghost clicking in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a Samsung Laptop. It has a touchscreen. Randomly it has this really annoying problem. The screen with start zooming in and out. There are these... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by striper, Nov 26, 2016.

1. striper Win User

Laptop touchscreen ghost clicking

I have a Samsung Laptop. It has a touchscreen. Randomly it has this really annoying problem. The screen with start zooming in and out. There are these little circles that pop up everywhere. It starts to autoclick randomly. It happens for a few seconds and then stops.

Currently, I have the touchscreen disabled. Not sure if it will eliminate the problem. Nevertheless, I'd like to be able to use the touchscreen.

Anyone have any advice? Do you think it's a driver issue? This machine has Samsung update installed. It automatically updates all the drivers.

:)

striper, Nov 26, 2016

2. Dell Inspiron 15 ghost clicking even though touchscreen is disabled.

I have had the touchscreen on my laptop disabled for more than 2 years, the screen was having ghost clicking problems and I decided that the annoyance of the ghost clicks outweighed the utility of having a functional touchscreen. It has worked wonderfully
    well for all that time, but after the most recent windows update (It runs windows 10) my computer has been ghost clicking. The touch screen is still disabled, but every once in awhile my computer will have a fit of ghost clicks with the same pale circle indicating
    that the touch screen is being used. My computer is also much much slower and occasionally becomes unresponsive.

I have run a malwarebytes scan that indicates my computer is clean, so all I can do is assume that this is a problem with the newest update. Any ideas on how to fix this?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

JoannaCopier, Nov 26, 2016
  3. Ghost clicking Windows 10 non-touchscreen

I use a Dell Inspiron 5570 laptop which i have only had for a few months.

The problem is that if a window does not take up the full screen and i hover my mouse over the edge onto the desktop the window is instantly minimized. This makes it very difficult for file transfers or anything involving multitasking on the same screen.
    This does not happen all the time, coming and going intermittently.

I have two wireless mice drivers for two mice i have installed, and the track pad one as well, problem is unchanged by disconnecting mice, or not using one or the others. I have latest windows and dell updates and drivers are up to date.

Any help is much appreciated

someone with an annoying problem, Nov 26, 2016
  4. striper Win User

No one has any thoughts on this.....

It did it yesterday in linux but hasn't done it again in windows 10 since I disabled the touchscreen. I'm thinking it has to be a hardware issue.

I read somewhere that it could be caused by a dirty screen. Is that possible?

striper, Nov 30, 2016
  5. Is the screen soft to the touch or a hard glass cover? A soft screen indicates resistive touch, a hard screen is capacitive touch. I haven't seen it happen, but maybe a capacitive touch screen could do that if it was dirty? Seems far fetched though, I think it would have to be really full of gunk for that to happen? If it's a resistive touch screen and it has scratches in it, that could explain it. Sounds more like a hardware fault, likely the ribbon cable that goes from the touch overlay to the decoder board.

alphanumeric, Nov 30, 2016
  6. striper Win User
    Thanks for the response.

The screen appears to be glass.

I feel the issue must be related to the touchscreen because when I had it enabled, it made a little circle every time I touched the screen. When the problem occurs, there are a ton of those same circles that all pop up at the same time.
    It seems to go crazy on the same part of the screen every time. Upper left hand side. I'll try cleaning it really well.

I plan to open up this laptop eventually. It's getting kind of old and I've never repasted the cpu. The fan is making a noise too. I feel it either needs to be replaced or cleaned. I'll see if I can find any bad connections while I'm in there.

So far so good with a disabled touchscreen. I don't use the touchscreen much so I'm fine with that work around provided the issue doesn't come back.

striper, Nov 30, 2016
  7. The touch screen overlay will be between the screen and the glass cover. Resistive is a 4 wire ribbon cable that goes to the decoder board. I'm not sure how big the capacitive ones are? The decoder board may be built right into the screen driver circuit board or mounted separately behind the screen in the upper half. I'd be surprised if it was in the lower half.

I have this screen on my Raspberry PI, its capacitive touch, with a hard glass cover. Pi Foundation Display - 7" Touchscreen Display for Raspberry Pi Yours is likely similar, just bigger.

alphanumeric, Nov 30, 2016
  8. striper Win User

Thanks for the info.

Not sure I'm up to taking apart the screen. If the problem persists I might chance it and try and get back there.

I have one of the raspberry pi originals. I turned it into an XBMC player.

striper, Nov 30, 2016
  9. It all depends on whether you want it working again. Option one is to just disable it, as you've done already. If it was the touch overlay doing it, turning that off will stop it from messing things up. And then, as your doing now, wait and see what happens.

Last count I have 7 Pi's kicking around here. 2 3B's, an A+, and 3 Zero's. I have a prototyping setup with a solderless bread board, a dedicated KODI setup, another with a sense hat on it, and the rest just waiting for a purpose, lol.

alphanumeric, Dec 1, 2016
  10. striper Win User
    Ideally, I would love to get it working again. Not so much that I need the touchscreen but rather I like fixing things.

I found a way to disable the touchscreen in Ubuntu. I added a command to startup applications. When I login, it disables input 11. So far so good.

At the same time, this is my only laptop at the moment. I just sold the other one.....

I'm pretty good at fixing things in general but I'm still learning how to fix electronics....

Currently I'm building an underwater LED light. Trying to perfect my soldering skills.

I'd like to get back into the Raspberry Pi projects. I have a brand new Pi zero sitting in my drawer. Hopefully this winter I will create something with it.

Thanks for the help.

striper, Dec 2, 2016
  11. No problem. The tricky part is getting the upper screen bezel apart without marking it up to bad or breaking it. If you can find a service manual on line it helps a lot.

I have an ongoing Raspberry Pi thread in the Chillout Room. The Raspberry Pi Thread [3] It's always nice to have somebody new pop in, if you haven't already.

alphanumeric, Dec 2, 2016
  12. striper Win User
    I'd like to be involved in the pi thread. Once I'm done with this LED light, I'd like to try building something new. Looks like there is a lot of good info in there. Thanks.

striper, Dec 2, 2016
  13. Laptop touchscreen ghost clicking

There are 3 threads in total. When one reaches 200 pages or so it gets locked and a new one started. There is a link to the no 2 thread at the start of the no 3 thread, and a link to the first one at the start of the no 2 thread. Don't be afraid to ask questions on stuff we may have already talked about. You'd be a while reading the other threads lol. It's fun sometimes to rehash old topics, especially if things have changed since then. Anyway, the more the merrier. *Smile

alphanumeric, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Laptop touchscreen ghost clicking - Similar Threads - Laptop touchscreen ghost

2. Ghost Enter Click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ghost Enter Click: I don't know why but my pc is getting ghost clicks without any reason. It is just that I am typing or using my mouse pad that my pc inputs enter click for suppose I am typing a question in google and suddenly an enter click happens to search that without my will. It has never...
  3. Ghost Enter Click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ghost Enter Click: I don't know why but my pc is getting ghost clicks without any reason. It is just that I am typing or using my mouse pad that my pc inputs enter click for suppose I am typing a question in google and suddenly an enter click happens to search that without my will. It has never...
  4. pretty annoying ghost click & spazz on my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pretty annoying ghost click & spazz on my laptop: my build is windows 11 home version 21H2 OS Build 22000.778 laptop is dell inspiron 15 3511.i had a wonderful day playing cookie run on bluestacks and suddenly my FRICKING CURSOR KEEPS GHOST TAPPING/SPAZZING! IT FREAKING REMOVED ALL OF MY TABS AND MY HARD WORK! I THOUGHT...
  5. Laptop Ghosting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop Ghosting: Hello Microsoft! I recently purchased a new surface laptop from Harvey Norman as my old one continuously malfunctioned. This laptop is only a month old and yet I am experiencing issues. The laptop seems to be ghosting or I think that is the problem as images from 5 minutes...
  6. Touchscreen “ghost bubbles” mouse clicks everywhere

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Touchscreen “ghost bubbles” mouse clicks everywhere: Hi, Last night I went to wake my computer, the screen lit, background loaded, everything as isual, hit the space bar to put in my password, and everything froze. I restarted it, to find my screen now black with what looked like grey “raindrop” like bubbles cascading all...
  7. Ghost touchscreen clicks really fast and annoying

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ghost touchscreen clicks really fast and annoying: How do I fix this. I have a windows 10 that is pretty good I don't remember the exact model but it cost $1k. Lately when I've been playing on it it starts ghost clicking and it's really really annoying. I tried cleaning and recalibrating touch controls but that didn't work. I...
  8. Ghost Clicking

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ghost Clicking: Someone help!!!! My computer is ghost clicking rapidly at about 15 clicks a second! I can’t even get into my laptop anymore. Then the laptop just turns off. I’ve restarted it and havent used it in 10 hours please help!...
  9. Acer aspire e5 laptop ghost clicking

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Acer aspire e5 laptop ghost clicking: I have bought a acer laptop when it came from repair it started ghost clicking like a autoclicker I don't have any autoclicker running luckily I have a second pc...
  10. Ghost of right click

in Windows 10 Customization
    Ghost of right click: Hello, every couple of right clicks the right click I choose stays on the screen. I was not able to find a way to fix this issue, my computers is a surface book 2 which I have purchased recently.[ATTACH]...