Windows 10: Laptop turned off whilst installing updates and now won’t boot

Discus and support Laptop turned off whilst installing updates and now won’t boot in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, My laptop was running a windows update and it unfortunatly run our of battery halfway through, causing it to then off. Now when I try to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ChristineVaughan-Chatfiel, Feb 15, 2021.

1. Laptop turned off whilst installing updates and now won’t boot

Hello,

My laptop was running a windows update and it unfortunatly run our of battery halfway through, causing it to then off.

Now when I try to turn it on, it doesn’t start up and goes through the same loop constantly of the black screen with the Del logo and a circle of dots turning, then it says ‘attempting to recover installation’ then restarts and does the same thing.

Any idea how I can fix this? I don’t have and kind of backup etc.

Thanks Laptop turned off whilst installing updates and now won’t boot a5983399-0390-4f2f-ac1b-9df1028fe8a7?upload=true.jpg

:)

ChristineVaughan-Chatfiel, Feb 15, 2021

2. Asus Transformer t100ta won´t turn on Win10

Yesterday was reading on it. All of a sudden turned off and now it won´t turn on

GabrielaAraya, Feb 15, 2021
  3. Laptop won' t shutdown (or restart) and sleep [takes forever]

The situation:

• When shutting down, the laptop proceeds as normal until the screen turns off.
    • After the screen turns off, it takes a while for the battery LED to go off.
    • After that the power led remains on and it looks like the laptop is stuck in this state forever.
    • When I try to get my laptop to sleep, something similar happens; the power led remains on, the battery led turns off and the laptop appears to be stuck in this state.
    My laptop is: Asus FX553VD.

What I've tried:

• I have tried to troubleshoot power management and power options.
    • Tried clean boot.
    • Updated the BIOS.
    • Reinstalled windows and tried shutdown and sleep (without installing the drivers and stuff), however that didn't work either.

Additional Info:

• I have multiple operating systems installed in my laptop, however this problem persists on windows only (the OSes are installed on different drives).
    • The disk usage is abnormally high.
    • There are spikes in CPU usage that kick up the fan really fast while idle.

Please suggest other ideas as to what I should do?

[It appears that the only option I have left is to reinstall everything]

10gic-80m8, Feb 15, 2021
  4. tops Win User

Laptop turned off whilst installing updates and now won’t boot

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

Thema:

Laptop turned off whilst installing updates and now won’t boot

1. Laptop turned off whilst installing updates and now won’t boot - Similar Threads - Laptop turned off

2. Laptop Turned Off Unexpectedly, And Now Won’t Turn On Again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Turned Off Unexpectedly, And Now Won’t Turn On Again: As the title states, my laptop shut down unexpectedly, and now will not turn again. I’ve tried many methods to try and turn it back on, however there might still be some I have not tried.I was playing a game on my Acer Nitro 5 MODEL NO.:N20C1 AN515-55-70T8 and right out of...
  3. Laptop Turned Off Unexpectedly, And Now Won’t Turn On Again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Turned Off Unexpectedly, And Now Won’t Turn On Again: As the title states, my laptop shut down unexpectedly, and now will not turn again. I’ve tried many methods to try and turn it back on, however there might still be some I have not tried.I was playing a game on my Acer Nitro 5 MODEL NO.:N20C1 AN515-55-70T8 and right out of...
  4. Laptop Turned Off Unexpectedly, And Now Won’t Turn On Again

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. PC turns off after entering windows pin and now won’t turn on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC turns off after entering windows pin and now won’t turn on: Just updated to windows 11 and My PC turned itself off after entering my windows pin. Originally I thought maybe the surge protected it was plugged into went bad and changed the outlet it was plugged into and it seem to be fine. But then I moved my PC to the room I normally...
  6. PC turns off after entering windows pin and now won’t turn on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC turns off after entering windows pin and now won’t turn on: Just updated to windows 11 and My PC turned itself off after entering my windows pin. Originally I thought maybe the surge protected it was plugged into went bad and changed the outlet it was plugged into and it seem to be fine. But then I moved my PC to the room I normally...
  7. Laptop says Locking then Shuts off and won’t Turn on

in Windows 10 News
    Laptop says Locking then Shuts off and won’t Turn on: [ATTACH]Since you are here, I am assuming that your laptop says locking then shuts off and won’t turn on. in this article, we are going to go over all the possible things you can do to fix the error. Laptop says Locking then Shuts off and won’t Turn on Many users have faced...
  8. Laptop won’t turn on

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop won’t turn on: After Windows update I have MS Office 365 Lenovo Yoga laptop, I uploaded MS office app to my ipad and iphone. After changing pass for MS 365, I cannot even log on ti mg laptop. It opens with a logo and a black background/followed by: Username and enter passcode black...
  9. Pc won’t turn off monitor won’t turn on

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pc won’t turn off monitor won’t turn on: Monitor won’t turn on and computer won’t turn off I have a computer that runs on windows 10, this morning I saw that the computer was still running so I went to turn it off but it wouldn’t stop. I went to turn on the monitor but that wouldn’t turn on. I’ve unplugged the...
  10. Laptop display turns off and won’t turn back on

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop display turns off and won’t turn back on: If left idle, my laptop’s display will sometimes turn off after which I cannot turn it back on. It doesn’t seem to be sleeping based on the indicator light on the side, and the only thing I can do is force shut it down by holding the power button. If I manually close my...