Windows 10: Laptop turning itself on

Discus and support Laptop turning itself on in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; HelloI have upgraded my laptop from Win10 to Win11. After a few weeks, I noticed that the laptop will turn itself on whenever I closed the lid and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by dididesera, Mar 5, 2022.

1. Laptop turning itself on

HelloI have upgraded my laptop from Win10 to Win11. After a few weeks, I noticed that the laptop will turn itself on whenever I closed the lid and would not go to sleep as per the power setting. I tried resetting the power configuration to default and it is still doing the sage thing. I tried using the power button to the same result. To completely turn the laptop off I have to hold the power button for a few seconds and not close the lid. How can I get this resolved?Thank you

:)

dididesera, Mar 5, 2022
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Mar 5, 2022
  3. Munki Win User
    laptop LCD not turning on..

Here is a tip is you cant fix it, make it noticeable that you broke it...step on it *Wink Laptop turning itself on ;) "Oh my gawd, did i step on your lil ol laptop, im terribly sorry" Then she has no choice but to buy a new one.

Munki, Mar 5, 2022
  4. Zeeba# Win User

Laptop turning itself on

My hp laptop wont turn on

This is a frequent problem am sure as you have already seen from online searches.

Flea power is usually the culprit here, basically its residual power that remains on the computer even after thecomputer has been shutdown. You can drain the flea power with the steps the other answers have suggested.

• Disconnecting the battery and adapter
    • Press the hardpress the power button for 30 seconds
    • This should clear the flea power

If this doesnt work, read this article its about
    a dell inspiron
    but the same applies for you hp. It has some detailed step by step instructions

Zeeba#, Mar 5, 2022
Thema:

Laptop turning itself on

1. Laptop turning itself on - Similar Threads - Laptop turning itself

2. My laptop turns off by itself.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop turns off by itself.: Hi all, something is wrong with my laptop, when I open it and doing some stuff, it turns off by itself. What caused this issue and how do I fix it? My laptop is HP Elitebook 8540pMy RAM is 4.00GB 3.86 usableMy processor is Intel Core i5 CPU, M 520 @ 2.40GHz 2.40 GHzThe...
  3. My laptop turns off by itself.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop turns off by itself.: Hi all, something is wrong with my laptop, when I open it and doing some stuff, it turns off by itself. What caused this issue and how do I fix it? My laptop is HP Elitebook 8540pMy RAM is 4.00GB 3.86 usableMy processor is Intel Core i5 CPU, M 520 @ 2.40GHz 2.40 GHzThe...
  4. My laptop's camera suddenly turned on itself.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My laptop's camera suddenly turned on itself.: Hello,I left my laptop a few minutes ago to do some stuff outside my room. As I came back to my chair, I notice that my camera has been activated It has blue light indicator next to it. I had no software/application that uses camera at the time, so it confuses me. I decided...
  5. My laptop's camera suddenly turned on itself.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop's camera suddenly turned on itself.: Hello,I left my laptop a few minutes ago to do some stuff outside my room. As I came back to my chair, I notice that my camera has been activated It has blue light indicator next to it. I had no software/application that uses camera at the time, so it confuses me. I decided...
  6. My laptop's camera suddenly turned on itself.

7. Laptop turning itself on

Laptop turning itself on: HelloI have upgraded my laptop from Win10 to Win11. After a few weeks, I noticed that the laptop will turn itself on whenever I closed the lid and would not go to sleep as per the power setting. I tried resetting the power configuration to default and it is still doing the...
  8. Laptop turned of itself in the middle of the night.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop turned of itself in the middle of the night.: I turned off my laptop at 4 am. Woke up 7 am to find out my laptop was hibernanting, which was strange since i knew i turned that thing off. Looked up on Task Manager and noticed that my laptop was running since 5:30 am. Opened the Reliability Monitor and found out that my...
  9. Laptop Turning itself "off"

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop Turning itself "off": I am running Win 10 on a laptop. I have changed all the power settings to "NEVER" for everything. The laptop is on AC (not battery). No power outages. But when I come back after being away from the laptop for an hour or so. It is in sleep mode (I think) - I have to turn...
  10. Laptop keeps turning on by itself

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop keeps turning on by itself: I have a toshiba satellite c55d, and ever since I upgraded to windows 10 my laptop keeps turning on by itself every 3-4 hours whenever I close to lid for it to go to sleep mode. I checked everything and everything came out fine. My bios setting was correct as well. Only thing...