Windows 10: Laptop turning off/going to sleep when idle only 1 or 2 minutes

Discus and support Laptop turning off/going to sleep when idle only 1 or 2 minutes in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi all, Today my laptop updated windows. Afterwards, my laptop now turns off/falls asleep after 1 or 2 minute idle. If I catch it and immediately... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Stujuho, Oct 30, 2019.

1. Stujuho Win User

Laptop turning off/going to sleep when idle only 1 or 2 minutes

Hi all,

Today my laptop updated windows. Afterwards, my laptop now turns off/falls asleep after 1 or 2 minute idle. If I catch it and immediately move the cursor, it does nothing, I have to press a button to turn it on. I checked my power & sleep settings, the screen was set to 10 minutes and sleep after 15 minutes. I changed both to 20, and it is still doing it. I checked my screen saver, and I did not have one turned on, I turned the blank black screen, set to turn on after 10 minutes, but it still doing shutting off/sleeping after 1 or 2 minutes idle. This is occurring after the windows update, so I think it is because of that, but I do not know how to fix or what else to change. Thank you for your help!

:)

Stujuho, Oct 30, 2019

2. My Laptop is keep going to sleep every 1 min of idle

Hi,

I am using windows 10 on Lenovo ideapad 700-17ISK. My laptop is keep going to sleep mode every 1 minute of idle! Even though my power settings are not stated that way. On battery it should go to sleep after 15 minutes of idle and while plugged in it should
    go to sleep after 30 minutes of idle. I have tried to fix this applying some methods I found in some website, but unfortunately nothing worked. This problem started after the last update of the windows 10 (may be last week)!

Laptop turning off/going to sleep when idle only 1 or 2 minutes 2b328bd9-eff9-4ef8-9d19-656d196fe71a.jpg

NazNas1402, Oct 30, 2019
  3. My pc is going to sleep after 5 minutes of inactivity

Hi Sebastian,

Your PC might be set to sleep once it is idle for 5mins. For you to adjust this setting, we suggest looking into the
    Power Options advanced settings. Follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel and click on Power Options.
    • On your Preferred plans, click Change plan settings.
    • Click Change advanced power settings.
    • Expand Sleep and System unattended sleep timeout.
    • Set how many minutes you want your system to be left idle before it goes to sleep.

Let us know how it turns out.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 30, 2019
  4. EdithNash Win User

PC going to sleep after 2 minutes no matter what the power setting are.

I have a Toshiba Satellite S75 laptop running Windows 10. It has a 2.60GHz CPU, 8Gb Ram and a 700 Gb hard drive. Recently my PC has started going to sleep after 2 minutes no matter what the setting are. I am using the Balanced power plan. The laptop
    is plugged in and those setting are set as follows: a) turn screen off - 3 hours; b) put computer to sleep 4 hours. I checked advanced power settings and found the following: 1) turn hard disk off after - 300 minutes; 2) sleep after 240 minutes; 3) Allow
    hybred sleep is off; 4) hibernate after - 300 minutes and 5) turn off display after 180 minutes. Again all of these setting are for when the computer is plugged in.

The screen saver is set to start after 20 minutes of inactivity.

Any suggestions on how to get it to quite going to sleep after 2 minutes of inactivity? Thanks.

EdithNash, Oct 30, 2019
Thema:

1. Laptop turning off/going to sleep when idle only 1 or 2 minutes - Similar Threads - Laptop turning off

2. Screen turn off in 2 minutes

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Screen turn off in 2 minutes: Hey,Every time I leave the room, even for 2 minutes windows is locked and the display is turning off.Dynamic lock is off; andDisplay settings are:Does some has a clue how to stop it? Win 10...
  3. Screen turns off after 1 minute

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen turns off after 1 minute: I set my time after screen turns off to 5 minutes, but it keeps turning off and locking after 1 minute of inactivity. The weird thing is I tried setting screen saver to 2 minutes and then turned screen saver off and then the screen turned off after 2 minutes, but when I...
  4. Lock screen going to sleep after only 1 minute

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock screen going to sleep after only 1 minute: Hello, I was wondering how to change this. I want it to wait longer to put my computer to sleep then just one minute during my lock screen. I have tried going through advanced power options -> Display -> Console Lock Display Off Timeout, But that last directory does not...
  5. Laptop Keeps Turning off after going to Sleep

Laptop Keeps Turning off after going to Sleep: Hey everyone recently my Acer Laptop has been shutting down after I allow it to sleep for too long. As in if close the lid of my laptop, it goes to sleep like usual. But if I don't wake or use it for like 30 minutes it just turns off rather than stay in sleep. Two changes I...
  6. Laptop Going to Sleep After 2 Minutes When Lid is Closed

Laptop Going to Sleep After 2 Minutes When Lid is Closed: I have an external display hooked up to my work laptop, and after 2 minutes of inactivity, the laptop goes to sleep whether on battery or plugged in. I've checked the battery and power settings, and they are all set to 30m to turn off display and 1 hour to sleep for battery...
  7. Computer turns off when going into sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer turns off when going into sleep mode: I just recently started to have an issue of my computer turning off when going into sleep mode. When I turn it back on it takes over 3 minutes to come back to life. I have a copy of the event log but not sure how to post the file. Any help would be appreciated....
  8. Laptop turns off instead of going to sleep or worse

Laptop turns off instead of going to sleep or worse: Hello. Ever since one of the more recent windows updates my laptop (Lenovo) does not go to sleep when I close the lid or leave for a few minutes. It is set to 'sleep' in Settings (30 mins on battery and 60 minutes when plugged in) but if I leave for just a few minutes it...
  9. Windows going to sleep within a minute or 2

Windows going to sleep within a minute or 2: What helped me resolve this issue was changing the power plan. Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Power Options Change to a different power option...
  10. Laptop doesn't turn off the screen or go to sleep when inactive

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop doesn't turn off the screen or go to sleep when inactive: Hello everyone, so just the other day I (finally) upgraded my Lenovo Ideapad Z510 from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. So far, I'm pretty happy about it, so I'm definitely not regretting it, but there is one thing that it's starting to frustrate me. Basically, when the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pc powerss off after 10 mins inactivity