Windows 10: Laptop turning off

Discus and support Laptop turning off in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I bought my laptop 2 years ago and for the past year if it is not plugged in it turns off after 10-30 mins of use. I can turn it back on but it still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by pauls_game, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Laptop turning off

I bought my laptop 2 years ago and for the past year if it is not plugged in it turns off after 10-30 mins of use. I can turn it back on but it still turns off, and sometimes i get a screen that says windows was not booted properly or something. I recently replaced the hard drive to ssd with a fresh copy of windows. Its an acer aspire f17.

:)

pauls_game, Oct 9, 2019
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Oct 9, 2019
  3. Munki Win User
    laptop LCD not turning on..

Here is a tip is you cant fix it, make it noticeable that you broke it...step on it *Wink Laptop turning off ;) "Oh my gawd, did i step on your lil ol laptop, im terribly sorry" Then she has no choice but to buy a new one.

Munki, Oct 9, 2019
  4. Zeeba# Win User

Laptop turning off

My hp laptop wont turn on

This is a frequent problem am sure as you have already seen from online searches.

Flea power is usually the culprit here, basically its residual power that remains on the computer even after thecomputer has been shutdown. You can drain the flea power with the steps the other answers have suggested.

• Disconnecting the battery and adapter
    • Press the hardpress the power button for 30 seconds
    • This should clear the flea power

If this doesnt work, read this article its about
    a dell inspiron
    but the same applies for you hp. It has some detailed step by step instructions

Zeeba#, Oct 9, 2019
Thema:

Laptop turning off

1. Laptop turning off - Similar Threads - Laptop turning off

2. Laptop not turning off - IdeaPad Z570

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop not turning off - IdeaPad Z570: Whenever I click shutdown option on my Win 10 Home laptop, the screen goes black, while the power light is on and the other buttons are also on, please help!...
  3. laptop screen getting turn off

laptop screen getting turn off: hi, i am facing an issue on my windows 10 laptop where when i plug in my charger, the display gets turned off. This doesn't happen all the time so its randomly happens. Also the same issue when there is sudden power cut, it turns display off. this all is random as i said...
  4. Laptop display never turn on after it turns off because of no usage of the laptop for...

Laptop display never turn on after it turns off because of no usage of the laptop for...: Company HP Model HP Pavilion 15 cc 129tx Windows version win 10 1803 build 17134.81 Graphic Nvidia 940mx and intel UHD 620 Problem My laptop screen goes to turn off after 5 min of no usage on battery and 10 min of no usage on power . after that I am not able to use...
  5. Turn off the laptop screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turn off the laptop screen: Is there a way to turn off the laptop screen (Win10) when connected to an external monitor and leave the laptop on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-the-laptop-screen/a831a9b7-e2a1-4e60-8d2d-6e2f70cb5f67
  6. WiFi on laptop is permanently turned off and wont turn back on.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi on laptop is permanently turned off and wont turn back on.: In network setting my network status just has a blank line with dotted lines in between. And there is no wifi button to click on the left side of the page. Also under the settings page in airplane mode the airplane mode toggle switch is locked in the on position. I have...
  7. Touchpad turns off after laptop sleeps

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad turns off after laptop sleeps: Whenever I put my Acer Spin 7 to sleep and then wake it up again, my touchpad is turned off and I have to go into the touchpad settings and turn it on again. I tried uninstalling the Synaptics drivers and reinstalling, but no dice. The problem definitely has something to do...
  8. Turn off numlock for laptop keyboard ONLY

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turn off numlock for laptop keyboard ONLY: Recently, I bought a numpad keyboard extension for my laptop for ease of data entry. However, I forgot that activating the numlock means the laptop numpad is activated as well. Is there any way to turn on the numlock only for the extension or disable the numlock function...
  9. Laptop screen not turning off.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop screen not turning off.: For some reason, the laptop that I had Windows 8.1 installed in last will not turn off after five or so minutes, like I had set it. This can be a huge drawback, because the laptop might be running on battery power and having the screen constantly on drains it. This usually...
  10. Laptop Turning itself "off"

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop Turning itself "off": I am running Win 10 on a laptop. I have changed all the power settings to "NEVER" for everything. The laptop is on AC (not battery). No power outages. But when I come back after being away from the laptop for an hour or so. It is in sleep mode (I think) - I have to turn...