Windows 10: Laptop turning on in the MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT

Discus and support Laptop turning on in the MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; hi, yesterday i woke up in the middle of the night and decided to turn over on to my other side, but then i noticed my laptop had just started turning... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by HumanWithQuestions, Aug 25, 2020.

1. Laptop turning on in the MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT

hi, yesterday i woke up in the middle of the night and decided to turn over on to my other side, but then i noticed my laptop had just started turning itself on. I'm very sure I put it into shutdown that evening. and my monitor was turned off too. It didn't connect to the monitor by itself, so it displayed everything on the actual laptop screen. It turned on in the normal way:

-black background, white circle with text in the middle

-lock screen/sign in screen

I didn't know why it was doing this but was sleepy so just shut it down, and went back to sleep.

Can someone help me?

:)

HumanWithQuestions, Aug 25, 2020

2. Laptop wakes up from sleep on its own

Hi Monica,

It happened again last night. The laptop was plugged in and with the lid closed. It turned on on its own in the middle of the night and woke me up as well because the fans were quite loud. I opened the lid, but it didn't 'wake up'. I had to hold the power button
    for a few seconds to switch it off.

This happened after I followed the steps in your first answer. Any other suggestions?

Thank you

BrunoImbrizi, Aug 25, 2020
  3. Night Mode

Hi David,

Additional information will give us a clarity to your concern. We would like to know if you are referring to Night Light. If yes, follow these steps to turn off the Night Light:

• Open Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Make sure that you are on Display tab, and then toggle the
      Night Light
      option to Off.
    • Click on Night light settings.
    • Click on Turn off now button.

We look forward for your response.

Janeane Cru, Aug 25, 2020
  4. n-ster Win User

Laptop turning on in the MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT

n-ster, Aug 25, 2020
Thema:

Laptop turning on in the MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT

1. Laptop turning on in the MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT - Similar Threads - Laptop turning MIDDLE

2. Computer turns itself on in the middle of the night after total shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer turns itself on in the middle of the night after total shutdown: For some time now, my computer will randomly power on in the middle of the night after a complete shutdown. I use the shutdown option from the start menu, and it is set to power off with that button in power settings.I've checked wake-on-lan settings for keyboard and mouse as...
  3. Computer turning on in the middle of the night

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer turning on in the middle of the night: My computer is randomly turning on at night, somewhere around 3-5 am. I know it does this when updating and also going into a mode where it looks like it's shut down and you have to press the power button to turn it on but it's actually just asleep. No idea what that's...
  4. Computer turning on in the middle of the night

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer turning on in the middle of the night: My computer is randomly turning on at night, somewhere around 3-5 am. I know it does this when updating and also going into a mode where it looks like it's shut down and you have to press the power button to turn it on but it's actually just asleep. No idea what that's...
  5. Computer turning on in the middle of the night

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Windows computer turning on in the middle of the night

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows computer turning on in the middle of the night: Hello. For about 4 months now my Windows computer has turned on in the middle of the night. When I enter powercfg -lastwake, it told me the Power Button turned it on, even though I wasn’t touching it. My computer turns on in the middle of the day, too, and it’s an obnoxious...
  7. Laptop turned of itself in the middle of the night.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop turned of itself in the middle of the night.: I turned off my laptop at 4 am. Woke up 7 am to find out my laptop was hibernanting, which was strange since i knew i turned that thing off. Looked up on Task Manager and noticed that my laptop was running since 5:30 am. Opened the Reliability Monitor and found out that my...
  8. Waking in the middle of the night

Waking in the middle of the night: So I built my PC about a year ago and as of recent the thing has been waking in the middle of the night from sleep and just blasting my room full of light. I don't know what is causing it but when i run powercfg -last wake it talks about a systemEventsBroker and...
  9. How to stop laptop from turning on itself in the middle of the night?

How to stop laptop from turning on itself in the middle of the night?: For a few nights in a roll, my laptop would automatically come out of sleep mode on it's own and start playing Youtube (which I paused before I sleep) and wake me up. In the past, when I close the lid, it goes into sleep mode and doesn't come back on by itself. How do I stop...
  10. Laptop wakes from sleep in the middle of the night

Laptop wakes from sleep in the middle of the night: [ATTACH] My battery settings are mostly default, and I noticed that if I leave the notebook in sleep in the night it automatically wakes at some times. This definitely has to do with hibernation, which I changed to 120 and increased the frequency of the wake-ups....