Windows 10: laptop turninig to sleep mode

Discus and support laptop turninig to sleep mode in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I started using my laptop on my desk but without battery for longer battery life. from that point my laptop turns sleep mode in 5 minutes after last... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by V1l1am, Jul 22, 2016.

1. V1l1am Win User

laptop turninig to sleep mode

I started using my laptop on my desk but without battery for longer battery life.
    from that point my laptop turns sleep mode in 5 minutes after last work,
    i have it set to never turn asleep at any circumstances,
    i think i checked all settings but i might be wrong.
    i want it always on, with black screen after few minutes

:)

V1l1am, Jul 22, 2016
  2. MRK4047 Win User

Windows 10 Sleep & Power Settings

Hi All,

I am having a continuous problem with my HP Envy Laptop. First my mouse would not bring the laptop out of sleep mode. I went back into the power/sleep settings tried to correct that issue. Now my mouse will bring the laptop back from sleep mode. At least
    I think it is sleep mode. However, when I shut down my laptop, the power light is still on and does not go off. I have to hold it down for a few seconds before it actually shuts down. Does any know the actual or proper settings fir the power/sleep modes
    for a laptop. In my research, they PC experts say not to put a laptop into hibernate mode.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to set the power/sleep mode settings for this thing to perform correctly?

Thanks,

Mark

MRK4047, Jul 22, 2016
  3. What is better for my laptop, Sleep or Hybrid Sleep?

I read into Hybrid Sleep, Hibernation, and regular Sleep. I am currently using the Hybrid Sleep mode, and the laptop I use is mostly for school and slight gaming. So, what is the best mode for my laptop to be in?

Yagna Patel, Jul 22, 2016
Thema:

laptop turninig to sleep mode

1. laptop turninig to sleep mode - Similar Threads - laptop turninig sleep

2. Laptop randomly hangs while in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop randomly hangs while in sleep mode: I leave my laptop on (plugged in) all the time. Periodically I will come into my office in the morning and the laptop will be hung. Not responsive to anything, have to hold the power button to kill it. This has happened randomly, maybe once every week or two, basically since...
  3. Laptop rebooting after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop rebooting after sleep mode: Hello, I have this problem for about 3 weeks now. When I close my laptop or if I put him to sleep mode, it restart when I re-open it. I don't really now what's happening and it's extremely frustrating. Can someone help me? Thank you in advance....
  4. "Static" on laptop startup from sleep mode, or shutdown mode.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    "Static" on laptop startup from sleep mode, or shutdown mode.: Hello all, I'm not sure if this is posted in the right section so please feel free to correct me if I am in the wrong place. I've got a weird issue with my laptop, 50% or so of the times in which I turn it on it shows a screen I can only describe as static. No error messages,...
  5. sleep mode

sleep mode: Every time my computer goes into sleeo mode I have to enter my password to access programs again. How can I change this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-mode/f8bed0d4-ac2c-4b4f-a4ee-05641b74fc63
  6. sleep mode

sleep mode: what is managed by windows as conection to internet in sleep mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-mode/142f1811-9e3b-47c7-995a-a0949e80acf8
  7. Laptop not going into sleep mode at times

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop not going into sleep mode at times: I've created a shortcut to put my computer to sleep. This will work a number of times then when I go to wake it up, I find the computer has completely shut down. I noticed the Power Button was giving me the same grief so I switched the Power Button from shutting down to...
  8. Laptop PC Not Coming Out Of Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop PC Not Coming Out Of Sleep Mode: Hi; I'm having an issue with a HP laptop running Win 10 (Upgrade from Win 7 in 2017). I had the laptop in sleep mode. When I opened the lid, I expected the laptop to power on. The power light comes on, but I see nothing but a black screen. The fan is however running. In...
  9. HP laptop sleep mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HP laptop sleep mode: Hi - Just installed Win10 on my 4 yr old HP G60535D. Now I have have to re-boot everytime I shut the lid. *Shock Played around with power settings, etc etc but no love. When I first open the lid, I can hear the computer running, a slight mechanical burp of some sort, then...
  10. Laptop frozen after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop frozen after sleep mode: Acer predator running on Windows 10 , my doesn't wake up after it went it to sleep mode and it be come frozen after that ,any ideas guys ? Plz help thx a lot 46697