Windows 10: Laptop turns off automatically. Not overheating.

Discus and support Laptop turns off automatically. Not overheating. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I have a Fujitsu Lifebook A555 laptop with 4gb of RAM, Intel i3-5005u@2.00 GHz processor, and 1TB Toshiba MQ01ABD100 5400 RPM HDD. For a few days,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jyotirmay Kumar Jha, Apr 20, 2020.

1. Laptop turns off automatically. Not overheating.

Hi,

I have a Fujitsu Lifebook A555 laptop with 4gb of RAM, Intel i3-5005u@2.00 GHz processor, and 1TB Toshiba MQ01ABD100 5400 RPM HDD. For a few days, I am experiencing something unusual. It turns off automatically even when idle without overheating. I contact the laptop's company and they advised me to update Windows from 1803 to 1909. I did so last night. Still, the same thing is happening. When idle, it turns off after about 20 mins. and instantly when launching a game. It happens even when the battery is removed. So, doesn't sound like a battery problem.

The temperature of the CPU doesn't even exceed 65C. I even tried cleaning the vents but it didn't help.

Any suggestions to get rid of the problem is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

:)

Jyotirmay Kumar Jha, Apr 20, 2020

2. Random laptop crashes in games.

thats alright bro, If it does turn out to be an overheating issue, I'll let you take all the credit for suggesting it

FreedomEclipse, Apr 20, 2020
  3. ram93 Win User
    laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Apr 20, 2020
  4. Laptop turns off automatically. Not overheating.

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Apr 20, 2020
Thema:

Laptop turns off automatically. Not overheating.

1. Laptop turns off automatically. Not overheating. - Similar Threads - Laptop turns off

2. Laptop is turning off automatically.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop is turning off automatically.: Yesterday night when I shut down my laptop it started to update , I left it to get updated overnight. This morning when I try to turn it on , it turns off automatically.It will turn off just after booting and sometimes it will sucessfuly boot and after 5-10 seconds turn off...
  3. Laptop is turning off automatically.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop is turning off automatically.: Yesterday night when I shut down my laptop it started to update , I left it to get updated overnight. This morning when I try to turn it on , it turns off automatically.It will turn off just after booting and sometimes it will sucessfuly boot and after 5-10 seconds turn off...
  4. Laptop is turning off automatically.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Laptop instantly turns off and restarts automatically

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop instantly turns off and restarts automatically: My laptop is a Lenovo with 8GB RAM, a 1TB SSD, and an AMD Ryzen 5 5500U processor Windows 10 currently, previously I had 11. Restore to 10 as I thought maybe reinstalling a lower version could help solve the problem.The problem I'm facing is that whenever I'm working on my...
  6. Laptop instantly turns off and restarts automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop instantly turns off and restarts automatically: My laptop is a Lenovo with 8GB RAM, a 1TB SSD, and an AMD Ryzen 5 5500U processor Windows 10 currently, previously I had 11. Restore to 10 as I thought maybe reinstalling a lower version could help solve the problem.The problem I'm facing is that whenever I'm working on my...
  7. Laptop instantly turns off and restarts automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. my laptop turns off automatically

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my laptop turns off automatically: sir, I am using my new laptop of windows 10 and it get turn off after using 1 hour. sir this is an big issue. i am waiting for your respond....... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-turns-off-automatically/b74dd9d8-d6f2-416d-aea4-53f334bf36de
  9. Laptop overheated

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop overheated: Hello hello peeps So, today my laptop overheated. I wanted to test a game benchmark at max settings, it overheated and turned off. How long should I wait until all the components will be at their lowest possible normal temperatures and the machine will be o-k to use again?...
  10. Overheating Laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Overheating Laptop: My laptop cutout due to overheating while my phone was tethered via USB. Could this have caused a power surge and damaged the phone's internals?(phone is working perfectly)...