Windows 10: Laptop turns off completely after I close the lid and I have to reset the laptop to start...

Discus and support Laptop turns off completely after I close the lid and I have to reset the laptop to start... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Whenever I close my laptop lid or put my laptop to sleep, the laptop shuts down completely and doesn't boot even upon pressing the power button. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Chirag Rao, Jan 1, 2022.

1. Laptop turns off completely after I close the lid and I have to reset the laptop to start...

Whenever I close my laptop lid or put my laptop to sleep, the laptop shuts down completely and doesn't boot even upon pressing the power button. I have to constantly hold down the power button for 15 seconds, allow the laptop to reset itself, and then the laptop turns on. This is a really annoying bug and I can't find a fix for this.Steps I took:Updated all driversRan troubleshootingPlease help me out in this matter. Thanks

:)

Chirag Rao, Jan 1, 2022
  2. Ruz San Win User

Laptop restarts after closing the lid

Hi,

It appears that your laptop hibernates when you close its lid. This feature terminates running processes on your machine since it allows the system to use very little power. If
    Do nothing is already selected for Choose what closing the lid does
    in Power Options, let's try to make hibernation unavailable. Follow these steps:

• Right-click on the Windows icon on your home screen.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Click Yes if you get a prompt window.
    • Type powercfg.exe /hibernate off then press Enter.
    See if this will prevent the laptop from hibernating when you close the lid.

Let us know how it turns out.

Ruz San, Jan 1, 2022
  3. jsmith613 Win User
    Close laptop lid - external monitor

Yep. The computer remained and I could use the external monitor. But all windows on the laptop screen moved over. Currently when the lid is closed, the windows remain on the laptop screen which is then "off"

jsmith613, Jan 1, 2022
  4. rmoreau Win User

Laptop turns off completely after I close the lid and I have to reset the laptop to start...

How to force shutdown on laptop lid close ?

Hi,
    I want to force a shutdown when the user close the laptop lid even if MSWord is open and the document was not saved.
    Any suggestion ?

Regards

rmoreau, Jan 1, 2022
Thema:

Laptop turns off completely after I close the lid and I have to reset the laptop to start...

1. Laptop turns off completely after I close the lid and I have to reset the laptop to start... - Similar Threads - Laptop turns off

2. Turn off laptop display on lid close

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn off laptop display on lid close: I want my laptop display to turn off when I close the lid with the power connected. This has always been the default, but with Win 11, I cannot find a way to enable this behavior. There is no option in the power settings to turn off the display; only Do Nothing, Hibernate,...
  3. Turn off laptop display on lid close

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn off laptop display on lid close: I want my laptop display to turn off when I close the lid with the power connected. This has always been the default, but with Win 11, I cannot find a way to enable this behavior. There is no option in the power settings to turn off the display; only Do Nothing, Hibernate,...
  4. hdmi turns off laptop if lid is closed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hdmi turns off laptop if lid is closed: i already tried different tv and hdmi cable, also reinstalled nvidia etc... soo basically i can't use it unless the lid is open, without hdmi, it works, but as soon as i plug it in and close that lid, it turns off after 1 minute, yes i already edited "choose what lid does...
  5. hdmi turns off laptop if lid is closed

hdmi turns off laptop if lid is closed: i already tried different tv and hdmi cable, also reinstalled nvidia etc... soo basically i can't use it unless the lid is open, without hdmi, it works, but as soon as i plug it in and close that lid, it turns off after 1 minute, yes i already edited "choose what lid does...
  6. Laptop turns off completely after I close the lid and I have to reset the laptop to start...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop turns off completely after I close the lid and I have to reset the laptop to start...: Whenever I close my laptop lid or put my laptop to sleep, the laptop shuts down completely and doesn't boot even upon pressing the power button. I have to constantly hold down the power button for 15 seconds, allow the laptop to reset itself, and then the laptop turns on....
  7. Laptop turns off completely after I close the lid and I have to reset the laptop to start...

Laptop turns off completely after I close the lid and I have to reset the laptop to start...: Whenever I close my laptop lid or put my laptop to sleep, the laptop shuts down completely and doesn't boot even upon pressing the power button. I have to constantly hold down the power button for 15 seconds, allow the laptop to reset itself, and then the laptop turns on....
  8. Laptop wont turn off when I close the lid

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop wont turn off when I close the lid: Okay so, my computer needs a new battery and in order to see what type of battery we needed, we took the bottom off and looked to see what the battery was. We put the back back on noticing that there were a couple of screws missing but it still stays on. But the only issue...
  9. Not to turn off laptop when closing lid

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Not to turn off laptop when closing lid: Where can I enable a feature that even if I close the lid on my laptop it doesn't go to sleep. I need this because I'm using an external monitor and it would be really convenient. submitted by /u/KvoDon [link] [comments]...
  10. Laptop turning off when closing lid

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop turning off when closing lid: Hi I've just set up my laptop and monitor via a docking station so I can work from home with a larger screen. however when I shut my laptop it seems to close down and therefore I can't project the screen. I know there is a way of stopping it from doing this but I've gone...