Windows 10: Laptop turns off during Windows 10 update

Discus and support Laptop turns off during Windows 10 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Split from this thread.while updating windows some error occurs. and laptop suddenly getting off... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PreethiRaj1, May 31, 2021.

1. Laptop turns off during Windows 10 update

Split from this thread.while updating windows some error occurs. and laptop suddenly getting off

:)

PreethiRaj1, May 31, 2021
  2. Scrizz Win User

Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, May 31, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 31, 2021
  4. jsfitz54 Win User

Laptop turns off during Windows 10 update

Windows 10 Anniversary Update Issues

Problems with W10 Anniv auto update:

Mom's: (x58 Xeon 5677) Windows Defender was not turned back on automatically (it was "on" in the 1511 edition) and she had a Trojan. Full system scan to eradicate.
    Her Epson printer was knocked off, had to uninstall by Device Manager pull USB cable and reconnect cable. W10 did the rest.

Step-mom's: (HP pre built) Windows Defender not turned back on by default. Her USB Seagate Expansion Drive 2Tb was offline so all backup routines were halted. Had to rerun backup plan. Had her do a full virus scan.

Step-dad's: (Dell Optiplex tweaked upgrades) Windows Defender not turned back on by default. Full Scan.

jsfitz54, May 31, 2021
Thema:

Laptop turns off during Windows 10 update

1. Laptop turns off during Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Laptop turns off

2. Laptop turned off during Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop turned off during Factory Reset: I wanted to reset my laptopDuring the resetting process the laptop ran out of battery and closed downI turned it on and now I have the message 'The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install windows...
  3. Laptop turned off during Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop turned off during Factory Reset: I wanted to reset my laptopDuring the resetting process the laptop ran out of battery and closed downI turned it on and now I have the message 'The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install windows...
  4. computer turns off during update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    computer turns off during update: I was trying to download windows 11 preview today and at 50% done it turned off without my touching itive had this before with updates and it allways turns off at 50% done. is there a way to fix this...
  5. Computer Turns off automatically during Windows Update

Computer Turns off automatically during Windows Update: I use a Thinkpad T440p with Windows 10 on it. As the 20H2 update got released, I got notifications to install it.I tried once and it got stuck at 26%. I didn't mind it and thought that it would continue on. But after sometime when I came to check on it, it had been turned of...
  6. Laprtop plugged in turns off during windows updates

Laprtop plugged in turns off during windows updates: Hello, Most of the time when my pc is updating, it reaches like 30 or 40 % . and then it turns off completly. Then i turn it on again from the power button and it continues to update to 100%. I'm trying to install the latest windows update 20H2 but it just reaches like 40...
  7. Laptop was shut off during an update

Laptop was shut off during an update: Hello all, My laptop was accidently shut off during an update and it seems to have caused some significant damage. Im not too tech-saavy so please be patient with my attempts to explain what I have done to attempt to fix the issue. -Wont allow me to reset/restore PC...
  8. Laptop turned off during an update

Laptop turned off during an update: My laptop turned off during a windows 10 update and now every time i try to turn it on, it tells me that it is reverting the changes and restarts again. It has been in a loop like this forever now, is there a way to fix this?...
  9. HP Laptop Turns off During Reset

HP Laptop Turns off During Reset: So I'm trying to reset my PC to it's original state but it keep shutting down on it's own during the reset process. I turn it back on and it tells me its undoing changes. How do I fix this? I want to be able to wipe my laptop but it turns off automatically, despite it being...
  10. Windows10 laptop turned off during a forced update

Windows10 laptop turned off during a forced update: I turned on my laptop by accident and then windows10 tried force updating when it booted, at the same moment I was holding the power button to turn it off again. Didn’t notice the warning sign saying “do not turn off the computer” until it was too late... I am reasonably...