Windows 10: Laptop turns off suddenly after unplugging the charger

Discus and support Laptop turns off suddenly after unplugging the charger in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am using HP Elite-Book 840 G3 with the latest version of windows 10 20H2 Once I was using my laptop on battery power. It suddenly turned off. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mysterious Atmosphere, Apr 1, 2021.

1. Laptop turns off suddenly after unplugging the charger

I am using HP Elite-Book 840 G3 with the latest version of windows 10 20H2

Once I was using my laptop on battery power. It suddenly turned off. I thought the battery might be low, but when I connected it to charger, I surprised that the battery is 85% charged. I noticed that no problem occurs when it is connected to charger. But when I unplug the charger it turns off after few minutes.

I tried the followings..

1. Updating BIOS

2. Updating Battery driver

3. Updating windows

But everything went in vain.

Can anyone please help me ???

:)

Mysterious Atmosphere, Apr 1, 2021

2. Laptop won't charge after unplugging, charger is fine.

Windows 10 HOME - 19041.450

Laptop : HP 250 G5 W4M71EA
    BIOS VER F.45
    BIOS VENDOR Insyde

Charger works fine.
    Indicators show white light when turned on and orange when turned off and battery is plugged in.

Resetting BIOS settings to default makes the charger work fine until I plug it out.
    After unplugging and plugging it back in it does not charge.

What can be the cause?

- - - Updated - - -

When closing and opening the lid laptop is detecting the charger properly but upon re plugging it's not working again.
    The issue is that the laptop doesn't detect it's being charged while being turned on.

bobfrominternet, Apr 1, 2021
  3. Toothless Win User
    Laptop charger

So my laptop charger decided to crap out on me suddenly, and I need to for my classes and whatnot while my desktop awaits a motherboard replacement. Where is a good place to get laptop chargers online?

( Laptop is a HP Pavilion G7 1368DX )

Toothless, Apr 1, 2021
  4. Laptop turns off suddenly after unplugging the charger

Laptop lags when i plugged in or unplug charger while playing

Hi,

I'm looking for the fix, well, when i'm turning on my laptop, while it's charging, and i'm playing the game, and when i just unplug charger, it's have terrible lag, and this repeat also when i'm turning on my laptop on battery, playing games well, and when
    i plugged in charger it's lagging again. and when i restart the system, it's works fine again. i can't found any fix of this. i know this is caused from battery management, but i tried a lot of steps for this. but i can't stop this problem.. if anyone knows
    the fix. please comment the steps.

Sincerely,

David Gelkhauri.

DavidGelkhauri, Apr 1, 2021
Thema:

Laptop turns off suddenly after unplugging the charger

1. Laptop turns off suddenly after unplugging the charger - Similar Threads - Laptop turns off

2. Sudden turning off of laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sudden turning off of laptop: just recently I had a problem where my laptop even though not low battery like 50% or 45% it shuts off automatically without warning. my laptop is around 2 years old and this problem started occurring more than a month now... please help...
  3. BSOD when unplugging laptop charger (iastorAC.sys)

BSOD when unplugging laptop charger (iastorAC.sys): Hi Guys, I have been facing this situation for the past four months ever since there was a recent updated pushed out by Microsoft. The windows 10 version 2004 has caused me so much grief since it was updated; the slow boot time, the sluggishness. But apart from that, I have...
  4. Laptop won't charge after unplugging, charger is fine.

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop won't charge after unplugging, charger is fine.: Windows 10 HOME - 19041.450 Laptop : HP 250 G5 W4M71EA BIOS VER F.45 BIOS VENDOR Insyde Charger works fine. Indicators show white light when turned on and orange when turned off and battery is plugged in. Resetting BIOS settings to default makes the charger work fine until...
  5. Laptop goes to sleep whenever I unplug the charger.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop goes to sleep whenever I unplug the charger.: Hi, My laptop is Dell Inspiron 5558 running Windows 10 1909. I unplugged the charger and my laptop just went black. I plugged it back in and everything is back to normal. What could be the issue? Could it be my battery? Thanks!...
  6. HP Laptop turns off when I unplug it from the charger, though the Battery is at 100% also...

HP Laptop turns off when I unplug it from the charger, though the Battery is at 100% also...: My HP laptop with Windows 10 shuts off the momemt I unplug the charger. Searching the net, a few articles told me about adaptive brightness and it's relation to this. That reminded me that my adaptive brightness also stopped functioning, though I'm not really sure when. It...
  7. Laptop won't start if unplugged, turns off when unplugged

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop won't start if unplugged, turns off when unplugged: submitted by /u/Jcrm87 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gp127e/laptop_wont_start_if_unplugged_turns_off_when/
  8. Suddenly turn off after starting the computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Suddenly turn off after starting the computer: Hello, i have problem with my pc. It worked perfectly today, at some point of inactivity he goes to the sleep mode and when I tried to turn it on he started to boot?!? And come to the first screen (before win logo screen (doesn't show the logo screen) ) and just turn off by...
  9. Windows laptop turns off when unplugged

in Windows 10 News
    Windows laptop turns off when unplugged: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you are facing the problem where your Windows 10 laptop turns off when unplugged, even with a new Battery, then this post could be helpful for you. The most obvious reason for a laptop shutting down immediately after unplugging [...] This post Windows...
  10. Network adapter turns off when laptop is unplugged

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network adapter turns off when laptop is unplugged: So I wanted my laptop to connect to my 5GHz network because I heard that it doesn't interfere with bluetooth connections, but it couldn't detect my 5GHz network even though my phone could. I did some searching and I saw that someone's managed to detect it once he uninstalled...