Windows 10: Laptop turns off suddenly after unplugging the charger

Discus and support Laptop turns off suddenly after unplugging the charger in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am using HP Elite-Book 840 G3 with the latest version of windows 10 20H2 Once I was using my laptop on battery power. It suddenly turned off. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mysterious Atmosphere, Apr 1, 2021.

1. Laptop turns off suddenly after unplugging the charger

I am using HP Elite-Book 840 G3 with the latest version of windows 10 20H2

Once I was using my laptop on battery power. It suddenly turned off. I thought the battery might be low, but when I connected it to charger, I surprised that the battery is 85% charged. I noticed that no problem occurs when it is connected to charger. But when I unplug the charger it turns off after few minutes.

I tried the followings..

1. Updating BIOS

2. Updating Battery driver

3. Updating windows

But everything went in vain.

Can anyone please help me ???

:)

Mysterious Atmosphere, Apr 1, 2021

2. Laptop won't charge after unplugging, charger is fine.

Windows 10 HOME - 19041.450

Laptop : HP 250 G5 W4M71EA
    BIOS VER F.45
    BIOS VENDOR Insyde

Charger works fine.
    Indicators show white light when turned on and orange when turned off and battery is plugged in.

Resetting BIOS settings to default makes the charger work fine until I plug it out.
    After unplugging and plugging it back in it does not charge.

What can be the cause?

- - - Updated - - -

When closing and opening the lid laptop is detecting the charger properly but upon re plugging it's not working again.
    The issue is that the laptop doesn't detect it's being charged while being turned on.

bobfrominternet, Apr 1, 2021
  3. Toothless Win User
    Laptop charger

So my laptop charger decided to crap out on me suddenly, and I need to for my classes and whatnot while my desktop awaits a motherboard replacement. Where is a good place to get laptop chargers online?

( Laptop is a HP Pavilion G7 1368DX )

Toothless, Apr 1, 2021
  4. Laptop turns off suddenly after unplugging the charger

Laptop lags when i plugged in or unplug charger while playing

Hi,

I'm looking for the fix, well, when i'm turning on my laptop, while it's charging, and i'm playing the game, and when i just unplug charger, it's have terrible lag, and this repeat also when i'm turning on my laptop on battery, playing games well, and when
    i plugged in charger it's lagging again. and when i restart the system, it's works fine again. i can't found any fix of this. i know this is caused from battery management, but i tried a lot of steps for this. but i can't stop this problem.. if anyone knows
    the fix. please comment the steps.

Sincerely,

David Gelkhauri.

DavidGelkhauri, Apr 1, 2021
Thema:

Laptop turns off suddenly after unplugging the charger

1. Laptop turns off suddenly after unplugging the charger - Similar Threads - Laptop turns off

2. Laptop turns off when unplugged

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop turns off when unplugged: i have a toshiba satellite c855-s5350 and when i unplug it it turns off when i click on the battery it says 100%, any fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-turns-off-when-unplugged/a765a703-f084-423c-a74c-3b25dae940ee
  3. Laptop turns off when unplugged

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop turns off when unplugged: i have a toshiba satellite c855-s5350 and when i unplug it it turns off when i click on the battery it says 100%, any fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-turns-off-when-unplugged/a765a703-f084-423c-a74c-3b25dae940ee
  4. Laptop turns off when unplugged

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Laptop overheating, fan doesn't turn on until unplug charger

Laptop overheating, fan doesn't turn on until unplug charger: I'm having a strange issue, and it seems that there is another well-documented issue of the opposite problem to mine: My Lenovo Thinkpad P15v when plugged in will start to get very very hot like almost burning to the touch!, but the fan does not come on. As soon as I unplug...
  6. my laptop turns off when not on the charger after a while ,

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    my laptop turns off when not on the charger after a while ,: Hello i am seeking help for my RCT nb cw14q18 notebook which i bought in november 2021 . My laptop turns off when not on the charger after a while , when i turn it on plug it in then switch it on the keyboard is either not working or some keys are not responding . I just rest...
  7. my laptop turns off when not on the charger after a while ,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my laptop turns off when not on the charger after a while ,: Hello i am seeking help for my RCT nb cw14q18 notebook which i bought in november 2021 . My laptop turns off when not on the charger after a while , when i turn it on plug it in then switch it on the keyboard is either not working or some keys are not responding . I just rest...
  8. my laptop turns off when not on the charger after a while ,

9. If I unplugged the charger on my laptop the goes off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If I unplugged the charger on my laptop the goes off: If I unplugged the charger on my laptop goes off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-unplugged-the-charger-on-my-laptop-the-goes/7b167b8a-1f5c-4fc6-b4d1-41f138684388
  10. If I unplugged the charger on my laptop the goes off

If I unplugged the charger on my laptop the goes off: If I unplugged the charger on my laptop goes off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-unplugged-the-charger-on-my-laptop-the-goes/7b167b8a-1f5c-4fc6-b4d1-41f138684388