Windows 10: Laptop turns on and password screen loads up - but keyboard not responding. My key lights...

Discus and support Laptop turns on and password screen loads up - but keyboard not responding. My key lights... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Laptop was working fine yesterday. Turned it on today and can't type. Restarted and turned off laptop twice. Still same issue. Its an Asus ROG 17inch... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/yaji-sama, Nov 1, 2019.

1. Laptop turns on and password screen loads up - but keyboard not responding. My key lights...

Laptop was working fine yesterday. Turned it on today and can't type. Restarted and turned off laptop twice. Still same issue. Its an Asus ROG 17inch with keys that light up. All lights perfectly fine.

No idea what to do.

Also no access to an external keyboard.

submitted by /u/yaji-sama
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/yaji-sama, Nov 1, 2019
  2. remolanot Win User

Keyboard lights

1. Did you mean the keyboard backlight or indicator lights (i.e. Num Lock)?
    2. If your problem is about indicator lights, are you using a external keyboard?

--KEYBOARD BACKLIGHT--

Consult your laptop's manual downloaded from the internet. You might want to install some drivers in order to use the backlight.

--INDICATOR LIGHT--

1. LAPTOP KEYBOARD
      • If indicator light, try pressing the Caps Lock key and see if the caps lock light turned on. Same process for Scroll and Num lock.
      • Some laptops may show the "Caps Lock ON" in your laptop screen.
    2. EXTERNAL KEYBOARD (EITHER USB OR BLUETOOTH)
      • When you use the external keyboard, locate the "Caps Lock" key indicator light. Try pressing the "Caps Lock" and make sure if it is turned on. Same process for Scroll and Num Lock.

If these are not working, try installing or updating the drivers. You'll need to restart after installing.

remolanot, Nov 1, 2019
  3. Frank N St31n, Nov 1, 2019
  4. Laptop turns on and password screen loads up - but keyboard not responding. My key lights...

Windows 10 Laptop Keyboard Keys Acting Strange

Hi,

I realize that you are facing issues with the keyboard on your PC. I will try to help you with this issue.

Suggest you to plug in an external keyboard to the laptop to check if that helps.

Further you may also use the onscreen keyboard to check if that helps.

Follow these steps to launch the On-screen keyboard:

• Press Windows key + R to get the run window.

• Type “osk” and hit enter to launch the On-screen keyboard and check if this helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Nov 1, 2019
Thema:

Laptop turns on and password screen loads up - but keyboard not responding. My key lights...

1. Laptop turns on and password screen loads up - but keyboard not responding. My key lights... - Similar Threads - Laptop turns password

2. R key and X key of my laptop keyboard can't respond.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    R key and X key of my laptop keyboard can't respond.: I use omen2021, and my external keyboard is all right, but the R key and X key of my laptop keyboard can't respond. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/r-key-and-x-key-of-my-laptop-keyboard-cant-respond/2034a170-53a9-4749-95c4-89be5d0c7a20
  3. R key and X key of my laptop keyboard can't respond.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    R key and X key of my laptop keyboard can't respond.: I use omen2021, and my external keyboard is all right, but the R key and X key of my laptop keyboard can't respond. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/r-key-and-x-key-of-my-laptop-keyboard-cant-respond/2034a170-53a9-4749-95c4-89be5d0c7a20
  4. Backlit Keyboard doesn't light up and keyboard itself sometimes doesn't respond to keys...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backlit Keyboard doesn't light up and keyboard itself sometimes doesn't respond to keys...: Backlit Keyboard doesn't light up and keyboard itself sometimes doesn't respond to keys sometimes randomly. Even the light on the mute button doesnt appear but the mute button works. plz help... this is HP Envy x360 laptop. After a period of time everything returns back to...
  5. Backlit Keyboard doesn't light up and keyboard itself sometimes doesn't respond to keys...

Backlit Keyboard doesn't light up and keyboard itself sometimes doesn't respond to keys...: Backlit Keyboard doesn't light up and keyboard itself sometimes doesn't respond to keys sometimes randomly. Even the light on the mute button doesnt appear but the mute button works. plz help... this is HP Envy x360 laptop. After a period of time everything returns back to...
  6. keyboard of lap top not responding must up load a key board onto screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    keyboard of lap top not responding must up load a key board onto screen: keyboard of lap top not responding must up load a key board onto screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-of-lap-top-not-responding-must-up-load-a/52514124-2e6f-4d6a-a504-359c61987590
  7. F8 key does not turn the keyboard light on anymore :

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    F8 key does not turn the keyboard light on anymore :: Hi! I've got an Acer Swift 5 and the F8 is meant to turn on/off the keyboard light. It used to work properly, but for some reason it doesn't work anymore. I also tried the Fn+F8 combination yes, the F8 key has the *A* symbol, the troubleshooting process from Windows didn't...
  8. Backlit Keyboard doesn't light up and keyboard itself sometimes doesn't respond to keys...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Backlit Keyboard doesn't light up and keyboard itself sometimes doesn't respond to keys...: I have an HP Envy x360 laptop and I only just received it about a couple of months ago. I had this issue since the day I received the laptop, but I finally got the time to discuss this. When I close the lid, it goes to sleep mode. However, whenever I open it back up after...
  9. my Asus laptop keyboard night light won't turn on

my Asus laptop keyboard night light won't turn on: my Asus laptop keyboard night light won't turn on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-asus-laptop-keyboard-night-light-wont-turn-on/575ab09a-f174-4dec-bdaa-b36bcca8f5f1
  10. keyboard not lighting up

in Windows 10 Customization
    keyboard not lighting up: I bought a HP Omen and I don't know how to light up the keyboard, can you help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/keyboard-not-lighting-up/93cdeed9-bd28-4967-b162-95972669d749