Windows 10: Laptop turns on by pressing first any key on keyboard and then power button

Discus and support Laptop turns on by pressing first any key on keyboard and then power button in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My laptop turns on by presssing firdt any key on keyboard and then power button rather than power button directly and after it turns on then i have to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by shankarbehera, Aug 28, 2020.

1. Laptop turns on by pressing first any key on keyboard and then power button

My laptop turns on by presssing firdt any key on keyboard and then power button rather than power button directly and after it turns on then i have to hold any key on keyboard if i don't hold any key it turns off

:)

shankarbehera, Aug 28, 2020
  2. Msap14 Win User

laptop won't turn on

this is taking it a step further than the previous post, so ill do that and see what happens.

I believe i checked this , could be a different cable but ill double check.

Edit: oh and sometimes when i press and hold the power button the little green power button light will briefly turn on.

Msap14, Aug 28, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Use the power button to turn off the computer at Welcome screen

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to turn off computer at the Welcome screen using the power button.

Ideally, if no user has logged in to the computer, the computer will shut down by pressing the power button. However, I would suggest you to check the settings for power button. Refer the steps mentioned below and see if that helps:

1. Press Windows key + X, and select
      Power Options.
    2. Click on Additional power settings.
    3. Now, click on Choose what power button does from the left pane.
    4. Click on Change settings that are currently unavailable.
    5. Select Shut down from the drop down for
      When I press the power button.

If you are using Windows 10 Pro, you may also want to check the Group Policy Settings, refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type gpedit.msc and click on
      OK
    3. Navigate to Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\Power Management\Button Settings.
    4. On the right pane, double click on Select the Power button action (plugged in), click on
      Enabled and select Shutdown from the drop down for
      Power Button Action.
    5. Repeat step 4 for Select the Power button action (on battery).
    6. Restart the computer.

If a user has logged in to the computer and then logs off from the computer, the computer will shut down by pressing the power button. However, if a user is logged in to the computer and locks the computer using the
    Windows key + L combination, the power button will not shutdown the computer. You will have to use the power button on the lock screen to shut down the computer.

If you do not see the shutdown button, please refer the article Shutdown:
    Allow system to be shut down without having to log on

If the issue persists, I would suggest you to provide a feedback in the
    Feedback Hub. The Feedback hub lets you tell Microsoft
    about any problems you run in to while using Windows 10 and send suggestions to help us improve your Windows experience.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 28, 2020
  4. Laptop turns on by pressing first any key on keyboard and then power button

Windows 10 Laptop Keyboard Keys Acting Strange

Hi,

I realize that you are facing issues with the keyboard on your PC. I will try to help you with this issue.

Suggest you to plug in an external keyboard to the laptop to check if that helps.

Further you may also use the onscreen keyboard to check if that helps.

Follow these steps to launch the On-screen keyboard:

• Press Windows key + R to get the run window.

• Type “osk” and hit enter to launch the On-screen keyboard and check if this helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Aug 28, 2020
Thema:

Laptop turns on by pressing first any key on keyboard and then power button

1. Laptop turns on by pressing first any key on keyboard and then power button - Similar Threads - Laptop turns pressing

2. Pressing Power Button Turns On Keyboard Light But Nothing Else Happens

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pressing Power Button Turns On Keyboard Light But Nothing Else Happens: When I press the power button, the keyboard lights will enter some kind of loop, where they turn on and off repeatedly, but nothing else happens, no image on screen, no boot messages or image, nothing....
  3. Pressing Power Button Turns On Keyboard Light But Nothing Else Happens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pressing Power Button Turns On Keyboard Light But Nothing Else Happens: When I press the power button, the keyboard lights will enter some kind of loop, where they turn on and off repeatedly, but nothing else happens, no image on screen, no boot messages or image, nothing....
  4. Pressing Power Button Turns On Keyboard Light But Nothing Else Happens

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My laptop doesn't turn on after pressing the power button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop doesn't turn on after pressing the power button: this problem started a week before, my laptop doesn't turn on even after pressing the power button, I tried removing the battery and powering it directly through the charger but it didn't work, I guessed it must be some software issue so I contacted Dell service center, they...
  6. My laptop doesn't turn on after pressing the power button

My laptop doesn't turn on after pressing the power button: this problem started a week before, my laptop doesn't turn on even after pressing the power button, I tried removing the battery and powering it directly through the charger but it didn't work, I guessed it must be some software issue so I contacted Dell service center, they...
  7. Laptop Lid open automatic turn on without pressing power button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Lid open automatic turn on without pressing power button: Hi, I have a Lenovo IdeaPad-5, built In windows 11, a problem with it, when I open the lid my laptop automatically turns on without pressing power button. Now i want to know that is will be harmful to the laptop? And how can I turn off this problem?...
  8. Laptop Lid open automatic turn on without pressing power button

Laptop Lid open automatic turn on without pressing power button: Hi, I have a Lenovo IdeaPad-5, built In windows 11, a problem with it, when I open the lid my laptop automatically turns on without pressing power button. Now i want to know that is will be harmful to the laptop? And how can I turn off this problem?...
  9. Laptop isn't turning on when pressed power button

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop isn't turning on when pressed power button: My laptop of dell company isn't switich even I pressed power button I had already tried taking battery out and then pressing power button for 1 min... When I press the power button only white light blinks for a sec and then goes of off mounter too Plzz help...
  10. Laptop turns on by pressing first any key on keyboard and then power button

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop turns on by pressing first any key on keyboard and then power button: My laptop turns on by presssing firdt any key on keyboard and then power button rather than power button directly and after it turns on then i have to hold any key on keyboard if i don't hold any key it turns off...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows laptop turn back on press keyboard